PDA

View Full Version : CB750 fuse amps ??

revmike
11-11-2009, 11:33 AM
Can anyone tell me the proper amperage for the fuses on a 73 cb 750? Can't find the reference in the service manuals. Doesn't mean it isn't there...

I can replace the one's that are there, but I don't know the amps on the roach clip and it isn't marked.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_GrqUE5ZOlWw/SvX2emUPhZI/AAAAAAAAADg/8rGQ0zu0mm8/s1600-h/07-11-09_1536-702162.jpeg
Thanks

~Rev

gr8paradox
11-11-2009, 11:46 AM
Boy you are all over the place aren't you. You say fuses, so I guess that means you have a fuse block not just one fuse. If you have three fuses, Head light is 7A. Main is 15A. Tail is 5A. If it is just one fuse it is 15A main.
http://www.metricunderground.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=717

Edit : I guess if I would have opened your picture I would have seen the fuse block.. ROTF...LMAO....

revmike
11-11-2009, 10:08 PM
Well, it's a long story. JJ doesn't play Jap bikes and I'm evolving away from Harley. CTN was more of a social thing, not a lot of tech traffic over there. I watched ChopCult before, but I was talking to billdozer and he says he's over here most of the time, so I took a longer look. Trying to find a place to hang my hat.

Yeah pix ARE worth 1000 words lol. Actually, once I got the electrics working a bit better, I figured out the light/main/tail set up. I didn't have the amps though. I think I have a 14A in head and it is getting pretty hot after just a while. But the electrics are so hosed that who knows where it is really going....

Nice thing was I pulled the points cover to see their state and stumbled on to a Dyna S electronic ignition. Damn near paid for the price of the bike....

Sweet lol. Thanks for the info man. This thing may get on the road yet. It would be nice if all 4 cylinders were lighting though!

~Rev Mike

gr8paradox
11-12-2009, 12:15 AM
Bill is cool. I will be seeing him this weekend down at the Slabs. I'll say hi for you.
I took a look over here because I wanted to see were the Biltwell crew was active. And ya it does look like a lot more going on here

revmike
11-12-2009, 10:46 AM
Yeah tell Bill the idiot that was picking his brain about the plungers sez hey. I'm sure he remembers my drunken stooper slobbering over his bike at EDR in '07 -- not.

He is a great guy, they do a lot for the community, one reason I wish I lived closer to So Cal. I've kind of followed Biltwell accidentally through the years. Interesting how it has grown.

I was going to try to make it to the riot. Ride down from UT for a day and ride back. But we swapped weekends with the kids, so now I just get to putter around the house and contemplate wiring.... It would have snowed anyway. Slab city is kind of an eerie place when youre just passing through. I think they filmed Hang Em High out by Salton, didn't they? The one where they painted the town red.... not that THAT has shit to do with motorcycles, music, slab city or really anything else....

Be safe and take care

~Rev Mike