PDA

View Full Version : JOCKEY JOURNAL vs. CHOPCULT

Pages : [1] 2

STANDARD
08-04-2009, 3:45 PM
what will become of the journal ....now that it seems that ChopCult is the new cats meow!!!

whats your guys take on the topic....

(if i missed this topic already sorry)

Someone had to ask it......

BlueCollarMoto
08-04-2009, 3:48 PM
Only time will tell.

rouser
08-04-2009, 3:54 PM
who gives a shit about the jj? ok, ok, i still go on there and lurk around, typing up smart ass comments and then cowering in fear of ridicule not ever hitting the "post" button. we know what we got here and it is a damn good thing. the self policing is a key to setting this place apart from the others in my opinion, no heavy handed mods to dictate what goes and don't. mcgoo, bill, and jon have given us the right and responsibility to keep chop cult in order. it is up to us to keep it the raddest place on the intraweb!

STANDARD
08-04-2009, 3:59 PM
CHOPCULT just seems more up to date...and ALL bike friendly.....

yep time will tell...

GreaseStain
08-04-2009, 4:03 PM
I don't know.... JJ still has the tech archives .. Im sure in time the info can accumulate here as well , but I still have both windows open pretty much at all times.. for now anyway ..

Super71
08-04-2009, 4:15 PM
Only time will tell.

Agreed,time will tell,JJ has it's ups and downs.I have looked up many references to tech problems over there and I leave it at that,I don't get into battle of wits with people on the net.

superflysnow
08-04-2009, 4:16 PM
Thus far as cool as the CC is, there has been alot of Facebooking and not a lot of tech. Thus if you want social hour, this is the place to be. The JJ is an outstanding resource for tech. you can literally build a bike with the knowledge documented in the archives. This is one VERY impressive resource. I am not saying the CC doesn't have this potential, but it will take quite some time to build up a tech resource to compared to the JJ's... If you are into the whole myspace deal the JJ will never be there so take that as what it is worth.

I for one dont much care for the what are you listening to, repetitive intro, check out my borrowed pic of whatever threads but realize there is always going to be some chit chat as I am doing exactly that right now. It is my intention however to sincerely add my $.02 about anything tech related in an attempt to build a site we can all be proud of!

-Josh

erikweste
08-04-2009, 4:18 PM
JJ will be much happier with this setup. They will have their following and CC will have theirs.

The CC will likely end up with a much larger following not having the restrictions on bike types because there are a lot of smart dudes and great builders that love the Jap bikes. There will be a lot of crossover as the JJ has some great and knowledged users... and I am sure some of that will bleed over here and benefit this site.

Personally, I now have a reason to never go back to the JJ.

~E

STANDARD
08-04-2009, 4:29 PM
man some good and bad feedback...thats cool...this is what i wanted....i agree JJ has the tech ,which makes for good reading to see how someone else gets to the end.

i too cant wait to see how this turns out ...

WayneBallard
08-04-2009, 4:43 PM
Having the freedom for anyone to post just about anything makes this place ALOT better then the JJ. In my opinion.

BlueCollarMoto
08-04-2009, 4:44 PM
Tec yes. Sometimes I even look things tec related up on The Horse Board even though all the pix disappear.

BigDawg
08-04-2009, 4:49 PM
I refuse to bad mouth the JJ and will continue to browse/post there as much as I do here. There are big differences between the two and I'm kinda glad to have the variety. The JJ has good information and you don't have to only have one board that you visit. I visit here, there, shovelhead.us, and a couple of others.

They do have to be contenders, Josh...they can be complimentary.

L7Josh
08-04-2009, 4:57 PM
CC is ran by dudes who LOVE motorcycles and Developing a site to help out everyone

JJ is an afterthought to a dude who likes hot rods

i lurk on the JJ and post when i can but in the end this site has only been live for a week and the tech that will be on this site will flow FAST! why? because everyone involved with this site knows how important it is just as much as seeing what bike someone else built the 6 pack articles are about helping you out in other scenerios such as photo of your moto and will be different each time with CC being based in SO CAl there is no reason why we wont be tapping into the vast amounts of talent in the area to bring proffesional tech advise for everyone from the jap happy guy to the brit guy but hay im partial:)

Flatironmike
08-04-2009, 4:57 PM
it's a cookbook, it's a cookbook!

NITRO
08-04-2009, 5:02 PM
Thus far as cool as the CC is, there has been alot of Facebooking and not a lot of tech. Thus if you want social hour, this is the place to be. The JJ is an outstanding resource for tech. you can literally build a bike with the knowledge documented in the archives. This is one VERY impressive resource. I am not saying the CC doesn't have this potential, but it will take quite some time to build up a tech resource to compared to the JJ's... If you are into the whole myspace deal the JJ will never be there so take that as what it is worth.

I for one dont much care for the what are you listening to, repetitive intro, check out my borrowed pic of whatever threads but realize there is always going to be some chit chat as I am doing exactly that right now. It is my intention however to sincerely add my $.02 about anything tech related in an attempt to build a site we can all be proud of!

-Josh
Well this is a new forum, so let's get the tech started! It is whatever you make of it

XbrooklynX
08-04-2009, 5:02 PM
I have both open most of my day... Maybe once the classifieds fill up here a little more the scales may tip... But I really could spend most of my day browsing through things i feel like i need to buy.

bwleather
08-04-2009, 5:03 PM
Personally, I now have a reason to never go back to the JJ.

~E[/QUOTE]

Haha, this is sorta the page I'm on. I agree with everyone else on the tech aspect, but I appreciate ALL bikes (that are executed with taste). I don't care what the fuck they are made of. I want to see em all. Personaly haven't been visiting over there for a while now just cuz of all the attitude.

BW Hand Tooled Leather (http://bw-leather.com)

+BLACK FUZZ+ (http://blackfuzz.blogspot.com)

STANDARD
08-04-2009, 5:14 PM
I refuse to bad mouth the JJ and will continue to browse/post there as much as I do here. There are big differences between the two and I'm kinda glad to have the variety. The JJ has good information and you don't have to only have one board that you visit. I visit here, there, shovelhead.us, and a couple of others.

They do have to be contenders, Josh...they can be complimentary.

SO VERY TRUE...that was my opinion as well....but wanted to read the view of others since im always reading over on JJ how much people are pissed.

TooManyProjects
08-04-2009, 5:50 PM
Why's it gotta be a choice? Both are cool and hopefully it won't become some kind of high school drama issue. There's enough of those going on already. I plan on being on both and hope most others do too.

burntclutch
08-04-2009, 6:00 PM
Dig both sites, mostly just sift through stuff on JJ, the CC tech library will keep growin

LilGeneral
08-04-2009, 6:16 PM
I like Ryan have know him personaly for years now, but have never been apart of the Jockey Journal aka Flyrite propagande board. Seems like over there you have to follow a bunch of rules or your 86. This places seems like everyone is just happy to be here. I hope that dosen't change.

kingdeadbeat
08-04-2009, 6:19 PM
Where the fuck is lftc??????????

CaptainBob
08-04-2009, 6:42 PM
it's a cookbook, it's a cookbook!

To Serve Man

A mission statement of sorts for both ChopCult and the JJ...

Stubs
08-04-2009, 6:53 PM
I like this site for its open minded approach. I have an Evo so i am not to welcome on the jj.

J
08-04-2009, 7:04 PM
who gives a shit about the jj? ok, ok, i still go on there and lurk around, typing up smart ass comments and then cowering in fear of ridicule not ever hitting the "post" button. we know what we got here and it is a damn good thing. the self policing is a key to setting this place apart from the others in my opinion, no heavy handed mods to dictate what goes and don't. mcgoo, bill, and jon have given us the right and responsibility to keep chop cult in order. it is up to us to keep it the raddest place on the intraweb!
+1
Rob-wow 155 posts...lurking more like camping out...HA HA. Cool to be here there seems to be a good vibe going and I like it.
J-

swellguy
08-04-2009, 7:05 PM
I don't think JJ discriminates against evo bikes. There's plenty of tech and picture threads.
I hope CC does well but I'd have to wait and see how an unmoderated forum would compare with JJ. I've had a number of my threads and posts deleted as not being appropriate or on-topic. At the time I complained but in hindsight there are a number of guys working pretty hard to keep JJ on track and relevant. I just hope the forum here doesn't turn into guys flaming each other, HD vs, Jap arguments and other needless stuff.
I like this site for its open minded approach. I have an Evo so i am not to welcome on the jj.

crownmotorz
08-04-2009, 7:29 PM
The jockey journal is nice as long as your not from vegas

JohnnyWolf
08-04-2009, 7:34 PM
I've been a lurker there for a long time. Great place for info, pix and to check out my friends posts. Never became a member for reasons already mentioned above, so no need to...
http://gi264.photobucket.com/groups/ii163/5Z44F1WGOE/smiley_beatin_horse_ani.gif

eliwolf6
08-04-2009, 7:49 PM
dig it, never really got into the jj.......

NHMike
08-04-2009, 7:57 PM
I haven't been here but a couple days but I've already been here more than JJ. Although I DO own Rice. I like the articles on the main page here, seems easy to spend alot of time here. I'm diggin' it so far and it's quickly becoming my favorite of the 4 major Chop boards I go to.

ClassicCycles
08-04-2009, 8:06 PM
eh, I like them both... I think the JJ has some good qualitys and it's Tech Archive will be used for a longtime, lots of knowledge there. But CC is going to quickly gain all of that and then some!

Andy

lvvato
08-04-2009, 8:21 PM

The word I got is soon. That place should never die! The community built is one like no other!

Allen
08-04-2009, 8:22 PM
Chop Cult is smoking. JJ2 will stand on it's own but the party just filled out a change of address slip.

FlynchUnrependantUnregulatedUnboweled
08-04-2009, 8:30 PM
I was shocked when I heard that the Jockey Journal was not going to allow post about Jap bikes. It seemed so strange to hear that a forum based on mechanical knowledge was going to play dumb to all things mechanical. It is the ultimate hands over ears/blinders mentality.

I have heard the arguments, "jap bikes have no soul" till I am blue in the face. I work in a steel mill, I melt 300 tons of scrap and Pig Iron into a molten lava every 40 minutes, while most would describe the place as hell, I can assure you there are no screaming souls haunting the furnace when the burners ignite, or ghost destroying the carbon hoses, it is all mechanical, it is the achievement of man to take rock from the ground and turn it into a useful item. That metal may become a guard rail or a lawn mower, or a gear in a Chrysler transmission or a structural panel on a Subaru...it may become a Harley gas tank or a piece of tubing for a jap bike...or Formula One racer...it all comes from the same heap, the same earth and the same Ladle. There is no Priest blessing some grades and not the others, there is no Rabbi's in the Pulpit when I tip the furnace over to fill a Ladle. It is a place where man used his mind and his will to create a form which can be molded into many different amazing items, rather that be a new overdrive gear for an XS650 or a "Live to Ride" emblem. The only lack of soul is the person who refuses to see things mechanical for reasons they will not admit, rather it be fear of peer pressure or fear of things more complex...IE their own insecurity to learn something new.

The whole "Buy American Made' argument persist too and Cycle Source and their advertisers seems to really be pushing this issue, (nothing like letting your advertisers dictate your editorial direction,) I am always amazed at this argument....forcing people to buy your product in order to feed your family is such an anti-American philosophy, that I am sure Henry Ford and Charles Schwab have a hard time staying in their graves, (I am sure they are comforted by Ayn Rand's laughter,) ...if people want your American made product, they will buy it because it is what they need, not because you made it in America, no one should force them to buy from you because you sweat any more than the human on the other side of the planet. Compete. Charles Schwab did. This is a Union mentality, that because a person commits a certain period of time that they are entitled to a certain pay and obligation that they are owed a job. America was not founded on these principals, it was founded on bootstraps and competition. The best free market that ever existed, to legislate or permeate myths is as Un-American as it comes.

The same people who create the jap junk myths are the same who cringe when Harleys are viewed as agricultural, unreliable and oil leaking junk. Neither is true. It's all metal and technology. Playing fun to be dumb because of a brand or point of origin is chosen ignorance

mad750
08-04-2009, 8:48 PM
The jockey journal is nice as long as your not from vegas

HAHAHA!!

At least here, on the CC, we ALL can sit at the front of the bus.

FlashMotorWorks
08-04-2009, 8:58 PM
i dont realy get what the fuck dragons deal was with the vegas guys anyways

i read that whole fuckin thread and from what i could tell dragon made a dick comment about no front breaks, and the vegas guys called him out on it, then dragon got offended and acused the vegas guys of "chest thumping".

that (among other reasons) is why i like this place. no prick mods.

the JJ still has relivance, but i forsee CC getting much bigger and better in the long run.

Stubs
08-04-2009, 9:00 PM
HAHAHA!!

At least here, on the CC, we ALL can sit at the front of the bus.

Maybe that is why they didn't like me. Whats up with that? I'm not in Vegas as of saturday. Back in reno now.

Yamahad
08-04-2009, 9:02 PM
Not everyone can afford to build a harley all the time so this place should do well.

However, quantity doesn't beat quality and a lot of the dudes on the JJ are super talented...

I love me some japs, all things jap too.

mad750
08-04-2009, 9:03 PM
It's CRAZY how he hates all of us from Vegas!! We VC stick together and he was asking for it. He can't take anyone calling him out.

Anyway, this place is great so far and I'm sure it'll continue to grow. Now I just need to get enough miles to get some FREE shit!!

Yamahad
08-04-2009, 9:04 PM
ps i love you

FlashMotorWorks
08-04-2009, 9:05 PM
^^^ hell yeah!!!
Im waitin on enough miles to get that morris magneto cap...........i got a long way to go

Yamahad
08-04-2009, 9:05 PM
But fuck those vegas pricks. :)

mad750
08-04-2009, 9:11 PM

I hate me too!! ; )

glosshogg
08-04-2009, 9:22 PM
the jockey journal reminded me of going to a badass party at an annoying try-hard nerdy kids house

erikweste
08-04-2009, 9:33 PM
Actually, I feel that this thread needs to go bye bye.

Of course people are wondering, but really... CC has only a few days of 'beta' use under its belt and I think that the possibility of badmouthing the JJ gets higher as long as this thread goes on. If that starts to happen, we may as well be badmouthing Jap bikes... etc.

The whole point is lets make this thing sing for itself and not turn it into a place for bitching.

Just my $.02

~E

p.s. thanks FlynchUUU for that quality post. Good stuff.

BigDawg
08-04-2009, 9:36 PM

hahahaha...

choncho
08-04-2009, 9:37 PM
jj seems more clean cut and serious. feel more at home here. like jj is that one guy at work that u tell to fuck off and he actually thinks u mean it. cc is more clint eastwood from gran turino, except jap friendly. hahaha

WayneBallard
08-04-2009, 9:43 PM
The whole point is lets make this thing sing for itself and not turn it into a place for bitching.

Yeah we don't need any bad blood...If people don't like the JJ then they don't have to use, and if people don't like this they can use something else.

billdozer
08-04-2009, 10:27 PM
I've learned a lot and met a shit ton of cool people in real life because of the Journal so I won't bad mouth it.

This site in general and the forum in particular will be what we all make it. It'll take time to accumulate good tech. Like real world experience it can't be bought or created overnight. We'll have to earn it, and hopefully we've created an environment where that can happen.

We'll leave this thread open and on the main Forum for now but if it gets too popular we'll bury it in the Junk Pile where any haters can pile on. We're trying the "less moderation" policy and if it turns into a cluster fuck we'll just tighten things up.

Thanks to everyone for participating in the experiment, we'll do our best to make it not suck.

MrCrown
08-04-2009, 10:36 PM
Having a thirst for knowledge, and using different outlets shouldn't be frowned upon.

Its the internet...a wealth of people, with limitless experience and know-how.

If I was to build different styles of bikes, with the same engine every time...I'd stay in one certain place.

But, because I want to build a flathead next, then maybe another pan, maybe a knuckle down the road...and then who knows, maybe a trump...there are different forums out there...where I can get some different types of insight to a problem I might be having.

Yes, I like having a place I can walk in with my shoes on without getting yelled at...but at the same time, I like learning too.

Not saying that there isn't enough skill and knowledge here...but, there is A LOT of skill and knowledge all over the place.

Its like going to the library...tons of great books everywhere...just depends on what you're looking for.

I really enjoy the CC...glad I am part of something special and I hope I can contribute something worthwhile and learn a thing or two as well...

I'm just saying...there's lots out there these days...no need to sling shit...

imagine before the internet came about...

logi
08-04-2009, 10:51 PM
If guys stay positive and open then this will be a cool place to check out. I've seen enough bitching on the JJ from my lurking purch to know that's not the place for me. Not sure how/when all that started but I don't have the time or patience to put up with those games. Hopefully CC will rise above that ... just depends on how guys want to handle themselves on here.

BlueCollarMoto
08-04-2009, 10:55 PM
Yeah we don't need any bad blood...If people don't like the JJ then they don't have to use, and if people don't like this they can use something else.

Yep! x10 there. And it would be nice to leave the politics to the Hoarse Back Talk unless its something related to bikes. .o2

Whatever board your on these days will always have a troll or two. The Choppertown board has a bunch of good stuff on it as well. For some reason though, I'm not seeing the same people who are disenfranchised from the JJ there anymore. Where ever I go these days and mention the JJ I get this look like are you kidding me. Ive seen much more of the old crowd from the JJ on here in just a few days. By the way, good to see ya all again here! We are all FNGs here on the ChopCult. Its a nice fresh start. I wouldn't blame someone for flaming a bolt on chrome twin cam but I don't think ChopCult would appeal to that crowd anyway much like the Chop Meet didn't seem to be there cup of tea. By the way, I cant thank you guys enough for that one! What a good time! And the Bash! Fuck YA! I'm still gathering up my brain cells after that one.

Lets just see where this goes and try to have a good time as we go along.

Rudehog
08-04-2009, 11:40 PM
No hatin or shit slinging here, I only have praise for the JJ for being what it is when I stumbled across it . My whole perspective on what I like has changed because of it and my knowledge has grown ten fold.
The network of people that I have met is unreal for me. Before the jj I didn't know anyone personally that liked to build and ride,now I know and have had the pleasure of riding with like minded indivduals from around the world.

In the last year most of the people that I enjoyed reading posts and or following there builds dont post as much if at all on the jj so I dont post much on there but I still lurk.

The CC and JJ are two different animals, so no need to compare.
McGoo,Bill & Chris have made a huge impact in the build it-ride it movment by putting on the type of events everyone wants to attend and making parts everyone wants on there bike.

The CC is an awsome platform for all of us like minded indivduals to congregate while having access to everyone that matters. If everyone here will patronize the business's that advertise here before looking elsewhere the CC will continue to flourish.

-Eric

dhallilama
08-04-2009, 11:42 PM
right, well... first post here, so forgive the lack of intro on CC... rockin' the my little pony avatar, too.

i've been on jockey journal for some time. check it daily. dig the info, dig many of the people, dig many of the bikes. i like that it's "traditional style, american and european only"... i'm into that, and like there being a place that specializes in it (for lack of a better word). kinda like the HAMB, which i'm also on near daily.
but... i'm also into other stuff. old european cars, old jap bikes, vintage mx, etc... my garage and wallet are far smaller than the range of my vehicular interests covers. there's room in my day for another forum that falls within my interests... so far, CC does. time will tell how it goes, but there's a lot going for it already.

BlueCollarMoto
08-05-2009, 12:01 AM
Just have to say the Little Pony thing is funny as all hell! Thanks for startin it off with a sense of humor!

WayneBallard
08-05-2009, 12:02 AM
This place will be complete once McGoo brings the Fisters back....

Guy
08-05-2009, 2:32 AM
I was shocked when I heard that the Jockey Journal was not going to allow post about Jap bikes. It seemed so strange to hear that a forum based on mechanical knowledge was going to play dumb to all things mechanical. It is the ultimate hands over ears/blinders mentality.

I have heard the arguments, "jap bikes have no soul" till I am blue in the face. I work in a steel mill, I melt 300 tons of scrap and Pig Iron into a molten lava every 40 minutes, while most would describe the place as hell, I can assure you there are no screaming souls haunting the furnace when the burners ignite, or ghost destroying the carbon hoses, it is all mechanical, it is the achievement of man to take rock from the ground and turn it into a useful item. That metal may become a guard rail or a lawn mower, or a gear in a Chrysler transmission or a structural panel on a Subaru...it may become a Harley gas tank or a piece of tubing for a jap bike...or Formula One racer...it all comes from the same heap, the same earth and the same Ladle. There is no Priest blessing some grades and not the others, there is no Rabbi's in the Pulpit when I tip the furnace over to fill a Ladle. It is a place where man used his mind and his will to create a form which can be molded into many different amazing items, rather that be a new overdrive gear for an XS650 or a "Live to Ride" emblem. The only lack of soul is the person who refuses to see things mechanical for reasons they will not admit, rather it be fear of peer pressure or fear of things more complex...IE their own insecurity to learn something new.

The whole "Buy American Made' argument persist too and Cycle Source and their advertisers seems to really be pushing this issue, (nothing like letting your advertisers dictate your editorial direction,) I am always amazed at this argument....forcing people to buy your product in order to feed your family is such an anti-American philosophy, that I am sure Henry Ford and Charles Schwab have a hard time staying in their graves, (I am sure they are comforted by Ayn Rand's laughter,) ...if people want your American made product, they will buy it because it is what they need, not because you made it in America, no one should force them to buy from you because you sweat any more than the human on the other side of the planet. Compete. Charles Schwab did. This is a Union mentality, that because a person commits a certain period of time that they are entitled to a certain pay and obligation that they are owed a job. America was not founded on these principals, it was founded on bootstraps and competition. The best free market that ever existed, to legislate or permeate myths is as Un-American as it comes.

The same people who create the jap junk myths are the same who cringe when Harleys are viewed as agricultural, unreliable and oil leaking junk. Neither is true. It's all metal and technology. Playing fun to be dumb because of a brand or point of origin is chosen ignorance

The Jap bike ban on the JJ referred only to the proliferation of stock Honda CBs with clubman bars that started clogging up the posts. Genuine customs and choppers are still welcome there as far as I know.

You have to establish some parameters, or by your argument the ideal motorcycle forum would be open to 'anything made from metal', and I don't want to spend my limited free time looking at Puch Maxi step-thrus and Chevy V8 trikes.

All forums are defined by the calibre of the people who post there. The JJ still has some great people – and therefore great bikes – making a regular appearance.

I hope this site will be even better than the JJ... but if the stock 'cafe racer' Honda brigade take over, I'll be off. Not because I hate all Jap bikes, but because I come to these places to be inspired by others' fabrication skills and choppin' vision.

philbey
08-05-2009, 3:08 AM
Amen brother.

Not everyone can afford to build a harley all the time so this place should do well.

Too True. I'd love to build a brit bike or a knuckle, but for a first timer bike build (and potential FAIL at that) I'd rather just spend minimum and learn

I've often browsed the JJ and it's got loads of good stuff but i never bothered joining. When I heard about CC, I got straight in and Posted (#1 right here!). To me that says it all!

Spiderman
08-05-2009, 4:57 AM
It's CRAZY how he hates all of us from Vegas!! We VC stick together and he was asking for it. He can't take anyone calling him out.

Anyway, this place is great so far and I'm sure it'll continue to grow. Now I just need to get enough miles to get some FREE shit!!

Well, he's here now.

We'll see how much he runs his mouth when he can't use his "mod" status to delete posts he doesn't like or change the text in a post to fuck with people or read our pm's.

Mutiny
08-05-2009, 6:17 AM
JJ? Wasn't he on Good Times?

08-05-2009, 7:05 AM
The Jap bike ban on the JJ referred only to the proliferation of stock Honda CBs with clubman bars that started clogging up the posts. Genuine customs and choppers are still welcome there as far as I know.

You have to establish some parameters, or by your argument the ideal motorcycle forum would be open to 'anything made from metal', and I don't want to spend my limited free time looking at Puch Maxi step-thrus and Chevy V8 trikes.

All forums are defined by the calibre of the people who post there. The JJ still has some great people – and therefore great bikes – making a regular appearance.

I hope this site will be even better than the JJ... but if the stock 'cafe racer' Honda brigade take over, I'll be off. Not because I hate all Jap bikes, but because I come to these places to be inspired by others' fabrication skills and choppin' vision.

I'm pretty sure I didn't write that they should feature anything made of metal Guy.

Guy
08-05-2009, 7:47 AM
I'm pretty sure I didn't write that they should feature anything made of metal Guy.

I guess I was trying to clumsily summarise your point that all bikes are created equal, from 'the same ladle', and that any 'soul' or 'character' the motorcycle then possesses is attributed to it solely by the owner or viewer.

I disagree. I think some motorcycles are intrinsically more interesting than others.

Fredo
08-05-2009, 8:28 AM
Really, JJ vs CC?
Apples and oranges man, apples and oranges.

JuanCarlos
08-05-2009, 9:13 AM
Really, JJ vs CC?
Apples and oranges man, apples and oranges.

Agreed, enjoy or dislike CC or JJ for what they are comparing them is silly

08-05-2009, 9:27 AM
I guess I was trying to clumsily summarise your point that all bikes are created equal, from 'the same ladle', and that any 'soul' or 'character' the motorcycle then possesses is attributed to it solely by the owner or viewer.

I disagree. I think some motorcycles are intrinsically more interesting than others.

Why? What makes them more intrinsically more interesting to YOU that anything else in the same sub-culture, that any other brand should be banned. I mean I get the not wanting to feature Harleys after 1969,because I understand the logic that Harley's should have generators, just like I understand that Cub Cadets cease to be Cub Cadets when they are built by MTD. But does that mean that a Panhead is automatically cooler than a XS650? Why? I am not looking for post-modernism feelings, I can buy a Halmark card with a pre-recorded Celine Deon song for that, I want to hear science and firm facts.

I don't believe that all bikes are created equal, I never said that either. I said that there is no such thing as a piece of metal having soul. That is marketing, not facts. My opinion is that if a fact is based on "coolness or intrinsicallies" then, chances are we are dealing with mythology and not science. The origins of chopper building was based on science, less weight/go faster, not snoodling.

willythepirate
08-05-2009, 9:29 AM
I see this thread as the first one in the junk pile...

08-05-2009, 9:33 AM
Just when it was getting interesting?

jason43
08-05-2009, 10:31 AM
My thoughts are that the JJ seems to mainly cater to one type of custom bike. Its wassell tank, ribbed rear fender, solo seat, short springer... etc...

Not that I don't like that bike, but just like women, variety is the spice of life.

Limiting themselves with arbitrary rules instead of just kicking out the blat black cafe hackjobs was a mistake. I have two bikes and could only post about one of them because of the original make...it doesn't make sense, considering that the same guy, me, is modifying both of them.

Ah well, I wish the JJ the best, but I'm glad to have this board where I can BS with like minded people, learn some things and share things that I've learned.

STANDARD
08-05-2009, 10:47 AM
OK LET ME JUST CLEAR THIS UP!

in no way shape did i intend this thread to cause a JJ bashing, all my intention was to hear what you cats liked about CC vs. JJ

i feel they both have the place in this .... online biker world that this generation has created.

with that being said ...please do keep it classy...

theres no need to beat them up over something that we all have enjoyed and will continue to enjoy...

thanks

Guy
08-05-2009, 11:00 AM
Well, if we're still referring to the JJ, no brand was ever banned... just a type.

And yes, I think a Pan is intrinsically more intersting than an XS650, for its looks, sound, signfiicance in popular culture and historical importance. That's not say I wouldn't own an XS650... I would.

The original references I can remember to back-in-the-day chopper building (mostly in HA books like Barger's and Freewheelin' Frank's bio) talk about the 'look' (freakin' out the citizens) rather than the science! Check out the attachment...

Why? What makes them more intrinsically more interesting to YOU that anything else in the same sub-culture, that any other brand should be banned. I mean I get the not wanting to feature Harleys after 1969,because I understand the logic that Harley's should have generators, just like I understand that Cub Cadets cease to be Cub Cadets when they are built by MTD. But does that mean that a Panhead is automatically cooler than a XS650? Why? I am not looking for post-modernism feelings, I can buy a Halmark card with a pre-recorded Celine Deon song for that, I want to hear science and firm facts.

I don't believe that all bikes are created equal, I never said that either. I said that there is no such thing as a piece of metal having soul. That is marketing, not facts. My opinion is that if a fact is based on "coolness or intrinsicallies" then, chances are we are dealing with mythology and not science. The origins of chopper building was based on science, less weight/go faster, not snoodling.

Revelator
08-05-2009, 11:06 AM
the JJ is like an old cowboy with lots of stories to tell.
BUT..the CC is like a bull riding bronkster rarin to go.

currysurr
08-05-2009, 11:40 AM
I prefer it here. Seems way less opinionated.

jazzmans
08-05-2009, 12:06 PM

Nope, the ban is all Jap, otherwise my buddies cb in a custom hard frame, w solo seat, looks tits wouldn't have been deleted from the skinny tires thread this week.

it's any jap other then the short bus thread or the denvers thread.

That's all I got's to say.

jaz

08-05-2009, 12:38 PM
Guy,

I have enjoyed our exchange...I disagree with you and I hope that voids out your opinion, but I doubt it does.

I had written a long post where I compared the current Diesel technologyu growing by leaps and bounds due to the exchange of information and the Diesel engines that are being dug out of junkyards which were once thought to be junk, but due to the interest and aftermarket, wild technology is happening, due to the lack of censorship and open minds in the Truck Pulling world. (who would have thunk that it would be midwestern Truck pullers who would lead the field in discovering alternative fuels and making the internal combustion engine more efficent.)

But alas, my post was swallowed when I posted it due to a bug in the system.

Flynch

Guy
08-05-2009, 12:53 PM
Flynch, I've enjoyed it too... and we can agree to disagree (though you raised an interesting point regarding form and function with regard to choppers which I don't think you resolved after I answered it). I would never wish to 'void out' anyone's opinion... I think you got a bit Kim Jong-Il on me there.

Of course I agree with lack of censorship, but any 'custom' motorcycle forum (hey, this one's called CHOP cult) should stick to customs in my opinion, and once it starts entertaining owners of slightly modified but basically stock bikes, whether they be Jap or US-based marques, I personally lose interest.

Guy,

I have enjoyed our exchange...I disagree with you and I hope that voids out your opinion, but I doubt it does.

I had written a long post where I compared the current Diesel technologyu growing by leaps and bounds due to the exchange of information and the Diesel engines that are being dug out of junkyards which were once thought to be junk, but due to the interest and aftermarket, wild technology is happening, due to the lack of censorship and open minds in the Truck Pulling world. (who would have thunk that it would be midwestern Truck pullers who would lead the field in discovering alternative fuels and making the internal combustion engine more efficent.)

But alas, my post was swallowed when I posted it due to a bug in the system.

Flynch

McChop
08-05-2009, 1:44 PM
I think I rode with this JJ cat you guys speak of, once.

Cool kid, but kinda weird. Every other word out of his mouth was 'bobber', or 'chopper'.

cHiCoD
08-05-2009, 1:57 PM

it will be back shortly.

there is some tech glitches that are being worked out.
love,
El Janitor

Baxter
08-05-2009, 2:15 PM
Well, CC shows up before JJ in the Phone Book

smart!

Doc22
08-05-2009, 4:04 PM
The word I got is soon. That place should never die! The community built is one like no other! I'm hopin' it's so.

onigoroshi
08-05-2009, 8:40 PM
if it's about science buy a hayabusa. this thread is gay

seventhirteen
08-06-2009, 5:49 PM
apples and oranges for sure, if you seriously think this board won't have any lameness, your mistaken. self policed.....good luck, it's still the internet full of know-it-alls, cool guys and e-thugs.

that said i'll be checking the classifieds on both boards and browsing the boards when i want to waste time instead of getting shit done...

speaking of which, i should be wrenching, i'm out

payupcycles
08-10-2009, 5:34 PM
why even choose between the two go to both sites and have a great time

oldeironcycleworks
08-10-2009, 7:47 PM
this is deffinately a cool forum and even though im not a big jap bike fan thats cool you guys can do your thing here too! but on the jj there is still alot more experience and knowledge...

billdozer
08-10-2009, 10:29 PM
...but on the jj there is still alot more experience and knowledge...

Not trying to argue this, but seriously, this place has been open for a little over a week.

It takes years to build a worthwhile bank of knowledge and experience.

justin666
08-10-2009, 10:34 PM
the attitude on CC is something i haven't experienced anywhere else. its like everyone is just stoked to be a part of it and i haven't seen any bullshit or people acting like shit heads. I really hope it stays this way as the site grows

TemeculaTerry
08-10-2009, 11:16 PM
well said justin...

cabtherocker
08-10-2009, 11:35 PM
I know it's been said but I dig the fact that you can have any kind of custom bike. You don't need to have a vintage big twin, I can rock my sporty and old CB and not have people give me shit for it.. thats cool.

jeffo
08-11-2009, 12:40 AM
greatest hits page with pics of basically stock bikes???????? there must be a million sites where you can see that stuff or at your local dealer.

shiftace
08-11-2009, 10:44 AM
I've always liked the JJ, sure at times it's gayer than Liberace concert, but all in all it is what you make it. That being said I always felt the only things the JJ needed were a little less moderator involvement and an "Off Topic" section. Then random useless posts wouldn't clog up the tech board and then mods wouldn't have to start flexin their e-muscles and life would be gravy. CC is off to a good start, in time the post whores and leg humping will subside and the core dudes will still be here plugging away with juicy tidbits, helpful hints and inspiring projects. You'll find what about this board does and doesn't work and streamline it as such. Till then drink some coffee, do some early morning bloggin and then go about your day....and maybe, just maybe, ride your motorcycle if you have time. Hugs and Kisses,

-Me

FlyinHawaiian
08-11-2009, 8:20 PM
Got to love being in a Cult.....

imtheslime
08-11-2009, 9:16 PM
Got to love being in a Cult.....
Hell yeah, when do I get my cool aid? and when/where is the mother-ship.

eightthirtysixcc
08-22-2009, 8:28 PM
I had to give props to the "Chopper Cult is like Clint Eastwood from Gran Turino, except Jap friendly." I fell off the cinder block on that one haha.

I think that sums it up easy.

billdozer
08-23-2009, 12:06 AM
Just put on your Nikes and sweatsuit man...

dalebfast
08-30-2009, 11:49 PM
I like being a part of something from the beginning.

Dee

KingPynn
09-02-2009, 6:36 PM
the JJ be damed i hated how people would talk trash about other fellas bikes or guys asking questions they didn't know the answer to thats why these forums are here. and who cares what you ride. and as for the tech articles; give it time there are some smart by's out there. long live the CC

cro
09-02-2009, 6:42 PM
Fuck the JJ!

opposed
09-02-2009, 10:25 PM
I really tried to do the JJ thing, I actually did. However, when they just bash,talk shit and are a bunch of premedonnas. That being said, the American/Brit tech is very in depth, I simply couldn't understand how a 1988 Harley with Z bars and sissy bar is more "traditional" than a CB/KZ chopper that is truly correct down to the wire. Because its Jap, it looses all credibility. They cannot see the error of their hypocrisy.

Toecutterp
09-23-2009, 9:26 PM
Becareful Dragons going to close this thread :)

billdozer
09-24-2009, 11:03 PM
Ha, ha! We haven't closed one thread yet. We've moved a few and combined a bunch, but I don't think we've deleted or locked a single one. So far it seems to be working. I'm interested to see what the Greatest Hits forum looks like in a year. Hopefully it'll be stuff people of all skill levels can find interesting and useful.

mikestobbe
09-25-2009, 8:47 AM
I simply couldn't understand how a 1988 Harley with Z bars and sissy bar is more "traditional" than a CB/KZ chopper that is truly correct down to the wire. Because its Jap, it looses all credibility. They cannot see the error of their hypocrisy.

Wow that's just not true , at all .

You must have missed the continuously growing thread on the Denver's bikes that is currently over 55 pages long and filled with some of the most period correct and accurate Honda choppers ever built .

oildevil13
09-25-2009, 6:29 PM
Its hard to ignore Honda Chops when discussing Denvers legacy. I get what opposed is saying, theres a bit of truth in all of it. Definately a different vibe on this website, much like the JJ or HAMB a few years ago, with even more tolerance. Lucky for guys like me.

73Harley
09-26-2009, 3:28 AM
Jockey Journal = Stuck up their own arses premadona's that believe any old Harley is King and anything else doesn't warrant Web time or space.

Chop Cult = open minded folks that can apprecaite that any bike can be chopped and bobbed INCLUDING Jap bikes!!

Toecutterp
09-29-2009, 4:53 PM
I was just on the JJ, man Dragon sucks. He just has to jump in say shit and not help anyone out

oildevil13
09-29-2009, 7:50 PM
Ive never had a problem with Doug. Actually he's pretty cool, and has always been helpful. really helpful. Im usually the kind of guy he likes to shred. Must be in the delivery

Nick32vic
10-01-2009, 12:50 AM
JJ is over moderated. I still go there but this place seems way more friendly and fun.

Doubleclutch
10-01-2009, 6:11 AM
I had dragon worn me about posting something and I haven't post there in 2 weeks? WTF
CC is the place for me. Better bunch of people.

Grashopr
10-08-2009, 4:46 PM
First post: found CC after asking a few guys on JJ where else I could go. Doug (Dragon) has been a royal prick to me since the day I got to JJ and has honestly just made trying to join in that community impossible. I hope the owners understand what kind of business they are losing because of Doug and his thread-nazi'ing. I joined JJ pretty quickly without doing much looking around to see the problems. Wouldn't have mattered much, as any threads critical of Doug or the moderation techniques get deleted... I have looked around here, and while CC doesn't seem to have quite as extensive of a tech section yet, I also dont see the stifling moderation either. Hopefully CC will be a better fit for me than JJ.

ChoppyGee
10-08-2009, 9:52 PM
Yeh we don't have the all the tech archieved just yet and that keeps being said but the wealth of knowledge is here, if you need something you could just ask and i'm sure there's at least a dozen guys that know exactly what needs to be done. I've never used JJ. I don't really need to find anywhere else Chopcult is all I need baby.

billdozer
10-08-2009, 10:16 PM
...while CC doesn't seem to have quite as extensive of a tech section yet, I also dont see the stifling moderation either. Hopefully CC will be a better fit for me than JJ.

Maybe not everyone who has joined recently knows this, but this site is really only two months old, (counting a rough month of beta testing) and the only way we will get meaningful tech is if people post it, and that takes time to grow naturally. We'll do our best here to foster that kind of involvement, and organize it in our own way. The Journal has grown to such proportions that it's got to be hard as hell to manage, so I don't envy the mods workload over there one bit. As for CC being a better fit, we hope so of course, but it is what you make it.

FlyingEyeBall
10-09-2009, 2:11 AM
First post: found CC after asking a few guys on JJ where else I could go. Doug (Dragon) has been a royal prick to me since the day I got to JJ and has honestly just made trying to join in that community impossible. I hope the owners understand what kind of business they are losing because of Doug and his thread-nazi'ing. I joined JJ pretty quickly without doing much looking around to see the problems. Wouldn't have mattered much, as any threads critical of Doug or the moderation techniques get deleted... I have looked around here, and while CC doesn't seem to have quite as extensive of a tech section yet, I also dont see the stifling moderation either. Hopefully CC will be a better fit for me than JJ.

You got all that out of 12 posts on the Jockey?

A nOOb talking shit to moderators on any board won't get you very far...

All the guys that give their time to give us these message boards and moderate them(for no charge or pay) should be thanked.

I think a little more moderating here at CC would do some good...but thats just my opinion. And nobody asked for it.

Toecutterp
10-09-2009, 9:59 AM
I hadn't been to the JJ in awhile checked it out and the first post was closed by Dragon. I've seen him bitch about reposting pic's in the ugly bike thread or women on bike thread i can't remember which one, but he reposted pic's in it. He reminds me of a jerk ski patrol or security guard. I'm sure if he likes you he's a great guy. I like his taste in bikes, i'm sure he's a great guy to sit down with and get educated in all the bike knowledge you can handle. I like to be a smart ass and joke about stupid threads, thanks for being here for me Chopper Cult i'm home

Grashopr
10-09-2009, 12:19 PM
You got all that out of 12 posts on the Jockey?

A nOOb talking shit to moderators on any board won't get you very far...

All the guys that give their time to give us these message boards and moderate them(for no charge or pay) should be thanked.

I think a little more moderating here at CC would do some good...but thats just my opinion. And nobody asked for it.

'officially' I think I've got somewhere around 50 or 60 posts on the JJ, but Doug kept deleting them. I'm surprised he let 12 of them stay up. As far as talking s@#t, Doug deserves more than I complained about. Not trying to turn this into a bitch-fest about JJ... just that Doug's moderating style and 'personal vendettas' against new members is what drove me to try to find a new forum involving old british stuff. I have loved reading the HAMB for years, and just recently found out that they had the JJ shootoff site. Maybe they should have stuck to rods, as if you read through some of the other threads in this post... apparently the problem wasn't entirely me; there are quite a few others who are here because of bad vibes from the JJ, with Dragon or Doug's name being mentioned specifically.

I wasnt' a trouble-starter when I went to the JJ... Doug (Dragon) decided he didn't want me there and made sure that I never felt welcome. I wasn't looking for a handshake and a beer, but constant flaming of each of my threads, deleting my posts that pointed out evidence of the thread-nazi'ing, and harassment is definitely not the way to welcome new members. I'm not a trouble-starter, I just got what appears to be the Dragon Welcome Wagon.

ChoppyGee
10-09-2009, 1:03 PM
I think a little more moderating here at CC would do some good...but thats just my opinion. And nobody asked for it. Would somebody moderate this please, it offends me.

mikestobbe
10-09-2009, 5:09 PM
If you want to air it out I can help you with that grasshopper .

You officially have 23 posts on the Jockey Journal .

Your first post on the board was spam and deleted . Next you posted pictures of a girl riding on a Jap bike , that was also deleted due to going against the forums rules of not hosting modern jap bikes .

Then you posted a complaint about the moderation of the board and that was deleted . Talking shit on how the board is run is what gets Doug up your ass . not the fact that you were new .

After that you made a few relevant posts in a couple threads , then started in with Doug about how you didn't know how to use the search feature of the site correctly , and those posts were deleted .

Shortly after that you started kicking up dust in the classifieds regarding post count and again instead of trying to learn and contribute to the forum in some way , you start talking shit on how t he site is run , how Doug is a nazi and so on . . .

Starting to see a pattern here ? I can tell you from the inside that generally the ones who have the biggest gripe and talk the loudest shit , are the ones who had the hardest time getting along with the rest of the class and abiding by the simple , clearly posted , written in easy to understand , english .

Doug didn't decide to pick on you , you trolled him into it by obvious and continued disregard for how things get done over there . Don't come over here and cry foul and rally the rest of the guys who had similar experiences .

It's tired .

As tired as this whole thread complaining about one site better than this other site . Give me a fucking break and get over it already . It's the internet for crying out loud .

I'm sorry if your feelings got hurt but it's not the end of the world .

Grashopr
10-09-2009, 5:44 PM
Mike, I sent you multiple PM's on JJ asking what could be done, you ignored them. I have sent Doug multiple emails on JJ asking him what can be done; ignored. I even asked you SPECIFICALLY if there was another forum you thought would be a better fit if apparently my being on the JJ was a problem... IGNORED. If you now want to go over it here, I think that's kind of too-late damage control, right?

Your oversimplification of the problems between Doug and myself sure shed a rosy light on what actually has happened. I dont really care anymore; my posts get altered or deleted at the JJ and you've implemented a 50+ post count before being able to use the classifieds... then delete my posts to where I cannot reach 50 posts (23 sure seems extremely low, but after all the deletions, it's possible).

As far as 'rallying'... do you not see the posts prior to myne complaining about the same problems? Seriously, you give me waaayy too much credit.

If you want to continue going back and forth about this, I suggest you PM me or email me: grashoprpaint@gmail.com in order to keep the board civil.

FlyingEyeBall
10-09-2009, 8:01 PM
'officially' I think I've got somewhere around 50 or 60 posts on the JJ, but Doug kept deleting them. I'm surprised he let 12 of them stay up. As far as talking s@#t, Doug deserves more than I complained about. Not trying to turn this into a bitch-fest about JJ... just that Doug's moderating style and 'personal vendettas' against new members is what drove me to try to find a new forum involving old british stuff. I have loved reading the HAMB for years, and just recently found out that they had the JJ shootoff site. Maybe they should have stuck to rods, as if you read through some of the other threads in this post... apparently the problem wasn't entirely me; there are quite a few others who are here because of bad vibes from the JJ, with Dragon or Doug's name being mentioned specifically.

I wasnt' a trouble-starter when I went to the JJ... Doug (Dragon) decided he didn't want me there and made sure that I never felt welcome. I wasn't looking for a handshake and a beer, but constant flaming of each of my threads, deleting my posts that pointed out evidence of the thread-nazi'ing, and harassment is definitely not the way to welcome new members. I'm not a trouble-starter, I just got what appears to be the Dragon Welcome Wagon.

I think =mike= pretty much summed it up.

I've had problems at times at the jockey too.

You just have to understand...the jockey is the way it is and its never going to change.

You just have to get your mind around that.

None of the mods"go after" anybody.

I think Dragon gets the most flack because he is the most vocal of the bunch.

At least here we can talk about it in an open forum.

FlyingEyeBall
10-09-2009, 8:08 PM
Would somebody moderate this please, it offends me.

Give it a few years broh...you'll figure it out...

mikestobbe
10-09-2009, 9:07 PM
I'm not trying to do damage control , just correcting a few things that you said that are simply incorrect .

I didn't ignore your PM's , I simply didn't answer the last one . Honestly I was tired of trying to help at that point and forwarded it to an administrator .

And your post count , is an accurate 23 . That counts the deleted posts . As a moderator , I have access to view all of your posts . More than 1/2 of them were you arguing on the board about moderation or posting pictures that aren't allowed , then complaining about it when they were removed .

I'm not interested in talking to you about this anymore . Just setting the record straight .

imtheslime
10-09-2009, 10:23 PM
. As a moderator
That being said, I'm curious what your reasons for being here are....

seventhirteen
10-09-2009, 11:29 PM
That being said, I'm curious what your reasons for being here are....

same reason alot of people are here, this isn't high school, you don't have to choose sides, 2 different boards both with good and bad things about them.

if you look at how many piece of shit threads there are on this message board already, now imagine having over 20,000 members. then add in the guys who don't ride choppers but yet they want to post about their horses, lifted trucks, fantasy football leagues, ect, ect, ect.....

Cody
10-10-2009, 12:30 AM
JJ is a great site. As the CC grows, I won't be surprised if it needs some moderation though. It only takes a few douchebags to ruin a good thing.

JJ's moderation might be strict but that is what keeps the information there all on target with the goal of that forum. Some people hate the term "search before posting" but most simple questions have been answered before. Also some there complain about the no Jap bikes. I found the site a while back and posted there about my Honda before Jap bikes were banned. It did not hurt my feelings when I was no longer allowed to (though when I had questions users there still helped me). I understood where they were taking the forum and how my old bike no longer fit.

The CC is great as it allows more bikes brands, but since it is relatively new it does not have the information database that JJ has, this will probably change as the CC grows and it stays relatively on track with its goals. Also this social networking on a forum is a different experience, some like it, some may not.

Both have their place and I will continue to use both. I don't understand the point in trying to declare one is better than the other.

EDIT: and to be honest the JockeyJournal is how I found out about Chop Cult.

Grashopr
10-10-2009, 1:09 AM
I think =mike= pretty much summed it up.

I've had problems at times at the jockey too.

You just have to understand...the jockey is the way it is and its never going to change.

You just have to get your mind around that.

None of the mods"go after" anybody.

I think Dragon gets the most flack because he is the most vocal of the bunch.

At least here we can talk about it in an open forum.

amen.

JL
10-10-2009, 8:03 AM
To me, all specialist forums have one thing in common - if they allow you in, your are a GUEST in someone's place. So just as in real life, unless you're a sociopath, (and a fucking big ugly one), you have to rein in your opinions a little and show a little respect.
Anyone who shoulders their way into my house and starts whining about my taste in bikes, guitars, soft furnishings, unicorn/midget porn or whatever, gets "moderated" straight back down the fucking steps.

alfonso
10-11-2009, 11:54 AM
Anyone who shoulders their way into my house and starts whining about my taste in bikes, guitars, soft furnishings, unicorn/midget porn or whatever, gets "moderated" straight back down the fucking steps.

Dead on.

There's many time's I've wanted to post on JJ but have shied away because as a newby it can be a fairly intimidating place... Like walking up to a locals bar, putting your head through the door, seeing the carnage and thinking - fuck that! Maybe I'll get a carry out and stay home.

There's a lot of big characters on the JJ. Long established characters... So if you're standing outside the door and decide to head on in.... on the way through the door is where you make an important decision - if you're a big character too you either hope it happens to fit... or you keep your head down for a while and wait till you've been accepted before you start being billy big shit and alienating the locals....

On the flip side locals can be real unnecessary cliquey fascist SHITHEADS and use their long established position to fuck with any hapless fool who happens to stumble through the door, bump into the jukebox, trip and twat the blokes arm about to take a shot on the pool table and have the misfortune not to fit right in... before he even has the chance to try.

Who's right!? Who's wrong!!!? WHO GIVES A FUCK!!! If the bar's not right fuck em. Don't stand about crying. Head down the road to one with a more laid back crowd....

NeoDutch
10-12-2009, 1:51 AM
One thing you won't find on the JJ is a 13 page thread whining about other boards.

alfonso
10-12-2009, 4:22 AM
Yeah. Coz it would get deleted.

mad750
10-12-2009, 9:35 PM
"Frankly, I don't give a fuck about the biker culture. I know nothing about it and frankly, don't have any interest in it."

- Ryan (owner of the JJ)

Jumbo
10-13-2009, 1:48 PM
Fuck that board! I used to think it was cool, a little strict, but cool.
Now it sucks! Now they make you have at least 50 posts before you can PM or post/buy anything off their classifieds! Fuck that! sick of their Bullshit!
Viva La Chop Cult!

bigdirty56
10-13-2009, 2:08 PM
Fuck those guys!! I was recently banned for 2 weeks after Dragon tried to talk shit to me and I told him to fuck off.

WayneBallard
10-13-2009, 2:22 PM
Yeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.................

Junk Pile?

Cody
10-13-2009, 2:22 PM
I thought this was a chopper forum...

Bitching about the JJ does not belong here. If you don't like that site, don't go there. Simple as that.

Myself and others will continue to go there because we understand the rules and enjoy the information and help to be found there.

This childish shit is stupid.

Jumbo
10-13-2009, 2:44 PM
To each his own... I have bought and sold many parts on JJ and now they change their rules!... They Suck! Have fun there with the internet Nazis!
I'll be over here!

mikestobbe
10-13-2009, 3:30 PM
here , these will help out

Spoke
10-13-2009, 3:39 PM
Let's not start this bull shit again. Junk pile!

Toecutterp
10-13-2009, 3:50 PM
Just came from the JJ, was looking at front ends. Each has it good points, JJ has a well of knowledge, tech, ect. I don't like the threads being closed because a guy in florida does'nt like it, no jap bikes, erased comments. The CC will have a good libary of tech and pic's as time go's on. It's like having a good set of tools you can't have too many. Because you sold your Harley you don't throw away you standard tools. Give the JJ a brake alote of us have spent time on it. Now hug each other and relax. Or go kill a puppy i don't care what you do. Your all still internet dorks. I'm not i'm cool:) Heres a pic to make everybody happy. These guy are my local cops

alfonso
10-13-2009, 5:01 PM
^^HAH^^ Fuckin brilliant.

seventhirteen
10-13-2009, 5:37 PM
"Frankly, I don't give a fuck about the biker culture. I know nothing about it and frankly, don't have any interest in it."

- Ryan (owner of the JJ)
they should have this up over there and maybe there would be less crying about it. the JJ isn't a biker board it's a motorcycle tech board, want tech on the bike's they support go there, lots of great information, want tech on bike's they don't support find a board that does. want to post about your bikerness find a board that supports that, not that complicated folks.

OR, start your own super cool board like the chop cult fellas did

tattoodup12
11-26-2009, 11:10 PM
if i were a 66 y/o man and wanted info on a sportster i just bought after my wife divorced me and wanted nothing but "business" and no humor, FS threads, toys, gadgets, fun, smiles, good times....id give a flyin fuck about JJ. im a member on there and 2 days after i signed up i got banned for 3 days....lmfao what a joke. they should call it NAZI journal.

CC all the way!

MadDog
11-29-2009, 1:52 AM
I miss Dragon maybe he can do a guest closure on this thread.

I found this on another thread and thought it belonged here...

MyEvilTwin
11-29-2009, 10:12 PM
It's cool to be able to see all makes of bikes being built in all different styles.
Of course, I suppose you can create your own site and instill your own rules.
Not to mention, the fact that this site has a 'junk pile' means less censorship. Other sites just delete threads they don't like/want.
The 'other' site is owned by someone who thinks he is bigger than he is. If you spend enough time on his siteS you can see that.
Every site has good and bads, atleast it can be aired out on this site (so far).

Toecutterp
11-29-2009, 11:34 PM
That would be funny if they let Dragon close this thread. The only one ever closed on the CC

MadDog
11-29-2009, 11:40 PM
It would be hilarious. Wrong, but hilarious.

Scottienoooo
11-29-2009, 11:46 PM
all i know is i got hated on the first time i ever went on the JJ for having a "jap piece of shit"

chopcult all the way... care about riding not labels

Sawbones
12-07-2009, 6:11 PM
Let's go kick their asses.

SportChop25
12-07-2009, 7:20 PM
let's go kick their asses.

yeah!!!!

TwistyMcFisty
12-07-2009, 9:30 PM
In the words of Mike Ness:

"Sometimes they kicked our asses...but sometimes we beat the FUCK out of them!"

Toecutterp
12-08-2009, 9:20 PM
I put a post up in the classified looking for cases or a whole motor. Said i'd trade my race bike for motor ect. and that old fucker edited my post and changed what i said on it. Must be out of his med's

cHiCoD
12-08-2009, 9:27 PM
i found the JJ's headquarters!
j/k
http://i420.photobucket.com/albums/pp286/cacaface/jjswastika.jpg

Toecutterp
12-10-2009, 12:49 AM
I just got a WTB thread closed on the JJ because i bumped it 3hrs too early. Dragon can suck it

ChoppyGee
12-10-2009, 1:54 AM
wow three hours? is this guy living off the government or what? I don't even have that kind of time.

beanhead78
12-12-2009, 5:48 PM
4) Before flaming someone for any reason, ask yourself this: Would I say the same thing to this dude's face if we were sitting in a bar?" If the answer is no, please think twice before clicking "send. There aren't any moderators on ChopCult.com, and the only chance we have of keeping it that way is if everyone treats each other with intelligence, dignity and respect.

it would be cool if the same rules applied on the jj. and no ive never had my ass handed to me over there. but i see alot of dickheaded comments all the time

Toecutterp
12-12-2009, 8:45 PM
Yes i would say that too anyone any where any time. Right to your face beanhead.

beanhead78
12-12-2009, 9:11 PM
Yes i would say that too anyone any where any time. Right to your face beanhead.

why right to my face? im just saying there is alot of opinionated motherfuckers on the journal that cant back up whatever the hell they are talking shit about.i like to look at the profiles of the idiots baggin on others. im always on the computer myself cause im a stay at home dad. my wife makes a shit ton of money so this is what i do . when the kids are down i get on here to pass the time. my kids are very young. and yes ive read pleanty of your posts on the journal.

cHiCoD
12-12-2009, 9:23 PM
uh... happy holidaze guys.

Toecutterp
12-12-2009, 9:46 PM
I was just saying i'm not a internet shit talker, I am the internet shit talker. So are you saying i am one of the dumb asses talking shit or can i back it up. I'm not trying to make cyber enemies just stirring it up a little. Right Chico. Ok lets inter net high five Beanhead78 \ //// i just made that up for us

beanhead78
12-12-2009, 10:24 PM
I was just saying i'm not a internet shit talker, I am the internet shit talker. So are you saying i am one of the dumb asses talking shit or can i back it up. I'm not trying to make cyber enemies just stirring it up a little. Right Chico. Ok lets inter net high five Beanhead78 \ //// i just made that up for us

you got a freaky long thumb.

jpswino
12-20-2009, 9:44 PM
Just living the dream, man................that's all I want to do.

framus
12-22-2009, 9:52 AM
I run a very similar board to this one, only it's car related. It was started because another board became a bit too stuffy, regulated and just plain unfriendly to use (software changed in a bad way). Granted, mine is low/no-budget and tight knit, but it is nice to be able to say whatever you want because it isn't attached to any sponsors or up-tight people. It reminds me a lot of the differences between this place and jj. Both have their place, I feel more at home here.

Think I've had it going for 3 years now...we're a bunch of weirdos. http://rodderscorner.informe.com

GreaserMike
12-22-2009, 10:37 AM
I run a very similar board to this one, only it's car related. It was started because another board became a bit too stuffy, regulated and just plain unfriendly to use (software changed in a bad way). Granted, mine is low/no-budget and tight knit, but it is nice to be able to say whatever you want because it isn't attached to any sponsors or up-tight people. It reminds me a lot of the differences between this place and jj. Both have their place, I feel more at home here.

Think I've had it going for 3 years now...we're a bunch of weirdos. http://rodderscorner.informe.com

Look at those ppl on Rodder's Corner! They all act soooo superior because they've got four wheels and we're only using two! We'll see who's laughing when it comes to buying new tires.

(sometimes I have ZERO restraint)

framus
12-22-2009, 2:38 PM
Oh shit, internet fight!

LoL...yep.

TemeculaTerry
12-22-2009, 8:31 PM
Internet Fight, did he say Internet fight.....F I G H T!
Fuck all of you JJ haters and Cult Lovers - BRING IT BITCHES!!!!!!!!!

framus
12-23-2009, 2:16 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v391/brownpau/sumo-internet-fight.gif

TimB1640
12-23-2009, 7:35 PM
what fuckin good is JJ when they delete threads!

mikestobbe
12-23-2009, 9:15 PM
When the threads are bullshit , it's a lot of good .

We don't have a "junk pile" for everyone to trip out in and cry about shit like this so they go away .

A thread like this being open as long as this one has , breeding shitstorm after shitstorm , complaint after complaint . . . that's doing a lot of " good " .

Sawbones
12-23-2009, 10:52 PM
http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/6008/internetargumento.jpg

TimB1640
12-26-2009, 1:01 PM
i still say that JJ sucks and there are better forums out there to associate with!

TemeculaTerry
12-26-2009, 9:05 PM
I think we are dealing with here is a bunch of opinions and opinions outside of other what JJ seems acceptable is not allowed, this is how I can see where mikestobbe's post gets justification.

Personally Im not a JJ hater, met some good people through that place and picked up allot of tips - other than that I dont like what goes on behind the scenes with the Nazi moderator but that goes with the show and I deal, besides the Internet is ghey just like choppers...lol

beanhead78
12-29-2009, 9:20 PM
sugar bear is on the jockeyjournal.

Danisdead
12-31-2009, 4:08 PM
JJ is a tech oriented board and by far the best tech on the net (american and brit). You wanna argue about whats better Chop Cult or JJ, or argue about nazi stuff, or find out whats "cool" right now in California, or some great Jap tech even....you come Here.

Gommorah
12-31-2009, 6:20 PM
sugar bear is on the jockeyjournal.

I heard count chocula is on Horse backtalk.... whats your point?

spooner
02-17-2010, 1:32 PM
I have been a member of the JJ for several years but have grown tired of the moderators' (Dragon) close minded, heavy handed tactics. Yes, there are some good tec articles and some of the members have a wealth of knowledge and would probably give you the shirt off their backs. But at what point do you say enough is enough? My type of bike may not be yours or vise versa, but on some level we should appreciate the craftsmanship of how we got to a finished product along with a love of the freedom that motorcycle riding gives us.
I have asked JJ to cancel my member info.
I feel very fortunate to have found this forum!!!

(Whew! Now I feel better!)

killjoy408
02-24-2010, 2:14 AM
all i have to say is FUCK DRAGON. He needs to take the cactus out of his ass. Banned me twice for some BULLSHIT.

vonpetrol
03-02-2010, 1:44 PM
I belong to a number of forums all under the same user name so I'm easy to find...anyway, they all offer something different and have their own personalities.

The last 6 months or so, I must say that nearly everyone I've run across has a lot of negative feelings toward the JJ. I just got a call from a cat in Australia the other day who had some Triumph parts I was looking for and almost the first thing he says is that he only found out that I was looking for something though a friend because he's blocked out of the classifieds for some reason...he says, "what the fuck is with the guys that run that thing?". I have a running bet with a friend about how long it is going to be before the JJ changes the front page that was last updated in August 2009...I mean come the fuck on.

However, that being said, I think the JJ still has a lot to offer especially in regards to archives and there are still a lot of cool cats on it, especially some of the oldsters...ooops, I keep thinking that 40 is young.

This site looks way cool to me and is all make friendly which I like because frankly the Japs made some cool shit and plenty of folks here and abroad have made their stuff even cooler. Hell, I'd take an old sandcast CB750 over a new billet and chinese chrome clad $30K Harley Road Douche anyday.

I try to take the best from every forum and keep on truckin' or biking in this case. Don't get tied up in all the bullshit and internet squabbles...if you have time for that shit then you're not turning your wrenches enough.

Pete

DeathMarch
03-02-2010, 3:00 PM
Probably stepping out of my bounds....this community (CC) is the shiznit!!!!
I stumbled upon this site from ordering through Lowbrow Customs.
I can't keep away.....
Anyways, hats off to everyone as some of you I have talked to are cool as hell and I look forward to talking to many more of you in the future.
I am like a kid in a frickin candy store!!! Ahahahahahahaha!!!!

cntrhub
03-04-2010, 11:03 AM
I've been banned from 42 websites because I run into a 'Dragone" at these sites as if I should suck up to their moral conduct.

HA!

Toecutterp
03-04-2010, 11:51 AM
Dragons erased 2 of my last comments their

primer
03-04-2010, 12:47 PM
yeah JJ is to sanitary, I've had a couple posts deleted I thought were not out of line at all,
Chop Cult's cool it's like you have 20000 freind's to bs with,say what you want about anything

mad750
03-04-2010, 7:55 PM

- Ryan (owner of the JJ)

KrOwN
03-04-2010, 9:16 PM
that sums it up

TemeculaTerry
03-04-2010, 10:06 PM

- Ryan (owner of the JJ)

What an ass...

http://fashionindie.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/2010-03-02-ViewImage2.jpg

Flarris
03-04-2010, 10:27 PM
Yes it is

killjoy408
03-04-2010, 10:27 PM
What an ass...

http://fashionindie.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/2010-03-02-ViewImage2.jpg

an ass indeed which reminds me why i got banned from JJ. I posted a picture in the Bikes with chics thread with an old 70's pic with a lady & her joob joobs hanging out sitting on a cb750 digger. her funbags were blurred out to protect the children's eyes but i was still banned which made me think if it was because of the boobs or the honda cb750. i made a second account and he found out somehow and banned that account too saying that you can't reregister.

what an ass indeed. FUCK DOUG!

ryan is cool, i'm still on the hamb.

MadRiverMoCo
03-04-2010, 11:43 PM
Yep

they closed the ugly bike thread

mikeyfrombc
03-05-2010, 12:17 AM
Yep

they closed the ugly bike thread

i think that was me i posted and when i came back it was cleaned up and locked , i didn't name any bike mags or builders names but i flamed a recent cover bike .

i do like the site i have gotten to know several locals to me since joining and have picked up some work as well

mikestobbe
03-05-2010, 12:20 PM
It's a picture thread and a full page of only comments and people talking about tripping out on shit like that will get deleted . It will be opened after a few days when everyone calms down .

CRFyou
03-05-2010, 12:34 PM
i'm pretty sure I got the ugly bike thread shut down. I was referring to that last bike that was posted. With that horrific tank. I said something to the effect of.. " it looks like a back alley abortion where it was butchered so bad, the mother died on the way to the dumpster before she could chuck it in."

it was shut down minutes after that. i pm'd dragon to see what was good, but no response yet. and he usually responds....

oh well. i have a vulgar biker mouth. maybe it belongs over here and not there...

BigDan75
03-05-2010, 12:51 PM
R.I.P Jockey Journal! http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/af16/danmojo/the-end-03.jpg

ridemore16
03-05-2010, 1:05 PM
first off, I have never been on the JJ, ChopCult is my first experience with "message boards" in general. I'm just wondering why someone who doesn't like motorcycle "culture" or "biker lifestyle" would have a website to begin with. I understand the guy started first with Hot Rods so why even bother having a motorcycle site? As far as this "Dragon" goes, I sincerely hope he doesn't show up here! I get the douche chills reading about his antics!!!

mikestobbe
03-05-2010, 2:46 PM
i'm pretty sure I got the ugly bike thread shut down.

nope , read my explanation above

MadRiverMoCo
03-05-2010, 2:53 PM
I didn't see it wander into the back alley,so I can't comment. I did go back to see what kind of jive was being thrown Lock's way and I was sad to find the thread dead. Hope Mike is right and it pulls a Jesus. I'm praying...

mikestobbe
03-05-2010, 3:20 PM
Mad River , I moderate over there so I'm sharing insider info with this one . It's happened many times already in the past . give it a day or so .

seventhirteen
03-05-2010, 5:50 PM
first off, I have never been on the JJ, ChopCult is my first experience with "message boards" in general. I'm just wondering why someone who doesn't like motorcycle "culture" or "biker lifestyle" would have a website to begin with. I understand the guy started first with Hot Rods so why even bother having a motorcycle site? As far as this "Dragon" goes, I sincerely hope he doesn't show up here! I get the douche chills reading about his antics!!!
well, Ryan does like motorcycles, he doesn't care for the whole outlaw biker culture, surely someone can like motorcycles without having to like outlaw culture and swazi's which is what alot of people really get their panties in a bunch over, he doesn't want swazi's, ss bolts or any nazi shit of his site. he had family that fought in the wars against em and doesn't like em, seems fair enough, it's HIS fucking site. hell, i love nazi shit and it doesn't bother me that he doesn't like it on HIS site.

here's another Ryan quote for you:
"I went to Bonneville last week. While there, I remembered why motorcycles don’t suck. Purpose built machines focused on going fast, not on posing. To me, there is something so much more interesting about a bike built with a determined goal that has nothing to do with fashion."

And for Dragon, he is a bitter old man, but seriously the Jockey Journal is ment to be a site for TECHNICAL information about american and british bikes, not for posting pictures of naked chicks, bikes with swazi's, jap bikes in general, what you think is cool or not cool, talking shit or any of the other stupid things.

Dragon has countless posts with SOLID technical data, diagrams and pictures taken of bikes in his collection showing technical data.

if you want technical information about american and british bikes the Jockey Journal is a great place, if you want to chat about honda choppers and biker culture, chop cult is a great place, apples and oranges is all

ridemore16
03-05-2010, 6:13 PM
well, Ryan does like motorcycles, he doesn't care for the whole outlaw biker culture, surely someone can like motorcycles without having to like outlaw culture and swazi's which is what alot of people really get their panties in a bunch over, he doesn't want swazi's, ss bolts or any nazi shit of his site. he had family that fought in the wars against em and doesn't like em, seems fair enough, it's HIS fucking site. hell, i love nazi shit and it doesn't bother me that he doesn't like it on HIS site.

"I went to Bonneville last week. While there, I remembered why motorcycles don’t suck. Purpose built machines focused on going fast, not on posing. To me, there is something so much more interesting about a bike built with a determined goal that has nothing to do with fashion."

And for Dragon, he is a bitter old man, but seriously the Jockey Journal is ment to be a site for TECHNICAL information about american and british bikes, not for posting pictures of naked chicks, bikes with swazi's, jap bikes in general, what you think is cool or not cool, talking shit or any of the other stupid things.

Dragon has countless posts with SOLID technical data, diagrams and pictures taken of bikes in his collection showing technical data.

if you want technical information about american and british bikes the Jockey Journal is a great place, if you want to chat about honda choppers and biker culture, chop cult is a great place, apples and oranges is all

I can understand not liking swazi's because of their association with WWII (I had family fight as well) and I understand it is his site. If you read through this entire thread, most of the complaints mention the Nazi type moderation from Dragon. Can you post pictures/tech articles about BMW or Ducati motorcycles or is it just Japanese brands that get banned because of the war? I've seen several "purpose built" Japanese, Italian and German motorcycles. Apples and Oranges indeed, I can get everything I need here at the ChopCult

seventhirteen
03-05-2010, 6:47 PM
jap bikes aren't banned because of the war, the site is "we are going to dedicate The Jockey Journal to traditionally influenced British, Euro, and American bikes only."

it's simple really, you shouldn't post about your jap bike on a harley message board anymore than you would post about a harley on a jap bike message board, you don't post swazi's on a jewish message board, dogs on a kitten message board, ect, ect... it's not that complicated, Dragon is the one that has to delete countless posts and replies with all the above mentioned content, posts that are about "traditionally influenced British, Euro, and American bikes" don't get deleted

mad750
03-05-2010, 10:35 PM
"I went to Bonneville last week. While there, I remembered why motorcycles don’t suck. Purpose built machines focused on going fast, not on posing. To me, there is something so much more interesting about a bike built with a determined goal that has nothing to do with fashion."l

Sounds nazi thinking to me to me. Blonde hair, superior culture, purpose built/born... nazi.

either way, it's the fucking internet. So with that being said, blah, blah, blah...

And yes, Dragon has some good knowledge but since Ryan wants nothing to do with the site, per say, Dragon has the run of the place, for the most part. With several others taking the hit as a by product. (Mike, I feel for ya) Dragon can't even say good morning without being a fucktard. Add him to the D-bag thread.

The JJ has it's purpose. Lately it's more nazi then ever but whatever...

Edit: no need to be mean.

Others on that site are great and are a wealth of knowledge in which I will always listen to and learn from.

In the end we all just want to learn and not be stifled for questions that we pose.

The JJ... ask questions but make sure that they fit their mold. If not get that fuck out or get banned. (nazi thinking? Just saying) Remember, its all up to Dragon (that douche bag) and Ryan doesn't give a fuck.

The CC... ask away. Someone will be helpful in any and all capacity with out you feeling like a ass.

I'll stick around here for a minute cause I'd rather hang with people of like minds. Instead of...

- Ryan (owner of the JJ)

Love... hate... agree... disagree... it's just the internet.

Respect each other and ride more when you can, cause the road will end in this world at some point and you won't be able to turn back on the other side.

mad750
03-05-2010, 10:57 PM
Mikestobbe,

Do you mind if I ask you of your honest opinion on Dragon and the direction of the JJ? I only ask this as a civilized conversation. If you feel better to respond through PM, then by all means...

I've been on your mod board because someone was careless and left it open and several of us read most of the behind the scenes action and will reserve to use it till time comes. I've copied and pasted most of it for occasion such as this. I believe you know the situations that have occurred to warrant my feeling towards Doug and would like a civilized answer from one who was not involved directly.

I understand the task of moderating the masses and since you have involved yourself in this thread conversation, I would love to hear it from your side... since your on that side.

I ask you because I'm sure we shared a drink and a laugh at the Bash... and maybe some moonshine. Also, I'm in the same situation right now.

FlyingEyeBall
03-06-2010, 5:53 AM
Doug is a douche. I have words and a baseball bat aimed at his head for him. Pass that on.

Really?

TemeculaTerry
03-06-2010, 8:48 AM
Ol' Doug is not popular among some FlyingEyeBall,,,
Without getting specific,, he has done bad trades with people, has had really bad conversations, bad items sold and bad promises, its more than just him being an asshole of a moderator...

revmike
03-06-2010, 9:16 AM
Sounds nazi thinking to me to me. Blonde hair, superior culture, purpose built/born... naz.

Nice, I hadn't thought of it that way.

I have to agree with both sides of the JJ argument. JJ was losing focus becoming more about biking and style (in the sense of building style, not fashion) so they clamped down on where the board was going. They were trying, I think, not to let bullet bikes and street fighters take over from the "purist" track fo building and fixing.

But, that also means that ANYTIME you post something that has to do with a Jap bike, it gets pulled, and, rather quickly, I might add. Even if it has nothing to do with jap bikes, per se, if it is just generic points that have something to do with gearing or electrics or what have you.

Ultimately, it is what it is. If it suits your purpose that's cool. If it doesn't then drift away.

And, it is easy to get caught up in the mentality of looking for what is wrong or what to pick on in people's posts. You quickly realize that it can be non-constructive if not destructive.

After a while, getting to have only one opinion gets a bit tedious. I got tired of looking for something that was there yesterday only to find out it had been 'erased' because it didn't conform in some way. And I don't necessarily like threads to be closed after some arbitrary period of time or just because one person is tired of what is, or MAY be, said. That's why I like the idear of a Junk Pile, where we can moan about the same shit if we had a bad day or just want to pick at the same old sores...

Gee, I bet we could spend hours around the campfire talking about JJ.

Of course, people may disagree, but there might not be a Chop Cult had it not been for JJ.

There's a can of worms.

~Rev Mike

mikestobbe
03-06-2010, 10:09 AM
I wasn't aware of bad deals or any other kind of problems outside of the complaints of his moderation so i can't comment on that . As for passing on the threat to him , I'd just as well be left out of that too .

His moderation techniques are brisk sometimes but effective . We get more "thank you's" for keeping the forum focused than we do for letting it run rampant . Every once in a while someone continuously breaks the guidelines or rules and eventually get's tossed . I can say from the inside that it's generally always warranted . Usually it's only a temporary ban to give the " offender " a moment to reflect on what's going on . I don't know if he always or even ever gives a personal explanation to every one who steps out of line , there's a spot to add what the infraction was and why they're being banned and for how long . If you can't manage to follow the forums rules then you need a nut check , still can't manage then you're more trouble than you're worth . Other than that any one's personal problems with him are there own , I can't really comment .

As for threads being closed after an arbitrary amount of time , that's not true . There's nothing arbitrary about how we control the flow . Threads are only closed or deleted if they run against the guidelines and direction that the forum is going in . Hostility , off topic rants , conversation about why something sucks , movie critiques , are all things that Ryan and Jason have decided don't need to be discussed on what is supposed to be a tech oriented board .

Ryan's quote ( taken out of context ) regarding biker " lifestyle & culture " is appropriate in this instance because that's not what the board is for . There are plenty of other boards & forums out there that are up to their eyeballs in this type of mess and that's okay too .

I feel mind of silly repeating a lot of this , I've made comments earlier in this thread and all over the JJ defending and explaining all of this before . I think this thread is toxic and a good reminder about why we DONT have a junk pile area on t he JJ . All the shit talking and complaining and hostility just breeds more of the same and doesn't solve anything . I'm sure not interested in enjoying the 20 or so lame threads that are already in this part of the forum because I don't like drama and I'm not interested in reading about other people's drama and problems that only live on the internet . No one is complaining about Hot Topic or roach coaches over there and that's fine by me because I'm not interested in that .

This forum is already really interesting and has a lot of neat things going on . In the beginning it was similar over there with the wild west , no rules feeling as well and it started down the shitter fast . Too many idiots took the ball and ran with it and that's when the idea of moderators were brought up . Not long after that Ryan & Jason decided to refocus the intent of the board and personally I think it runs tight and smooth . I can find information I need quickly and don't have to wade through pages of bullshit to get to it .

Rev , your comment about this forum not existing without the other is pretty dead on in lots of ways . A lot of the code from the JJ was used in the construction of this forum apparently , so from a pure physical point of view that's true . The people who built this site had become disenfranchised over there so because of that they decided to head out on their own and create this forum . One wouldn't exist without the other .

I don't know , maybe I'm just not that worried about any kind of us vs them bullshit . It's just two different websites for crying out loud .

I don't take internet drama personally or seriously . I think a lot of the people complaining in here should do the same .

mad750
03-06-2010, 11:11 AM
Thanks Mike. I appreciate the response and I'm sure we'll tip a glass or two in the future.

Now back to my morning coffee and a broken clutch cable.

Enjoy the day kids.

billdozer
03-06-2010, 11:12 AM
Rev , your comment about this forum not existing without the other is pretty dead on in lots of ways . A lot of the code from the JJ was used in the construction of this forum apparently , so from a pure physical point of view that's true . The people who built this site had become disenfranchised over there so because of that they decided to head out on their own and create this forum . One wouldn't exist without the other .

I don't know , maybe I'm just not that worried about any kind of us vs them bullshit . It's just two different websites for crying out loud .

I don't take internet drama personally or seriously . I think a lot of the people complaining in here should do the same .

Mike,

Thanks for bothering to take the time to write all this. I've already gone on the record saying the JJ has been a wealth of information over the years and I've met quite a few quality people in real life after interactions there. There is a lot of thankless work that goes on behind the scenes to keep even a simple message board running. I realize that more now than ever. It takes daily pruning, massaging and moving, even on a site like this one where it's pretty wide open. It should be run however the admins want. It's not a democracy and Ryan and Doug don't owe anyone anything. I got tired of Doug's style so I quit going. Simple as that.

As for lifting code, you need to check your facts on that. VBulletin is a forum software anyone can buy and use, as we have done. There are thousands of forums out there using this set up, Ryan didn't write it and we didn't lift it. CC is quite a bit more than a re-skinned VBulliten forum.

I took the "Smilies" out of the forum options because it seemed gay for grown men to send little happy faces to each other, but this is one of those places where I'd put one in to try and say "Don't take any of this too serious, it's just the internet and I've got no hard feelings over any of it."

We've done nothing to try and foster the us vs. them thing other than let this thread live on in the Junk Pile. Some people need a place to vent their spleen and quite a few of them feel strongly about it so they can talk about it here.

Bill

TemeculaTerry
03-06-2010, 1:04 PM
Great post Bill...

mikestobbe
03-06-2010, 7:41 PM
Bill I'm sure you know what I said about the code wasn't intended as a slam .

I just wanted to make that clear .

As for the rest of this & that & the other stuff . . . you're right . It's just the internet !

SMChewy
03-06-2010, 8:05 PM
Never been on JJ, but I see valid points with everyone. If this is a laid back, talk about what ever site, and that's what you like. Right on!! Let's shoot the shit. But if you want tech info, go to JJ. It IS just the internet, and one of our great freedoms is the right to choose. If you don't like the site, go somewhere else. If your into CB's, find a Honda tech forum, if your into XS's, find one for Yammys. I personally get my tech info for my bike at XLforum for my Ironhead, and some of the XS forums for my Yamaha. Why? Because I have built a little rapport with some of them, they explain things in a way I can understand, and are knowledgeable. Do I post the same things I would post here??? Hell no, they are 2 totally different sites. What I could post in the "Hot Babe Thread" would have nothing to do with "79 Sporty, no spark, help please". I think everyone needs to take it for what it is. If you do start a thread there, and it's shut down, and your upset. Start it here! Maybe it should have been here in the first place. Maybe I'll cruise by JJ one day when all my other efforts are exhausted. But if I get the info I need, without having to make another profile, on another site, then I just have no need to head that way. I get lots of input with the sites I already patronize. Bottom line, not to be a dick, but if you don't like it, don't go there. Find other means for your info. It's the web, you can find anything on here, and in multiple places.

P.S. In defense of those bashing the junk pile, I say the same thing. Don't like it, don't look. But how can you not love the Junk Pile for the greatest thread ever made! The Hot Babe Thread!!!! Common now!

SMChewy
03-06-2010, 8:09 PM
Guess I should have read the last few posts before puttin my 2 cents. Could have saved some typing and just put. AGREED!!! Ha ha.

xllance
03-07-2010, 5:35 AM
Problem with the hot babe thread is it leads me to other sites, I mean other people, other perverts I mean guys, not me I'm not talking about me, clearly I was referring to other guys.

revmike
03-07-2010, 6:13 AM
Mike:

You're right, I shouldn't have said "threads closed after an arbitrary time" but rather they "seem" that way. And yes, you can usually tell when a thread is going "toxic" in a way that runs counter current to the values of the JJ board.

I think in some ways it is the Junk Pile that makes CC a bit different. I think your comments about how THIS thread is toxic are instructive. I have seen a number of times on CC where a thread has gone to the Junk Pile and people have ranted and raved and then someone brings up some interesting perspective that maybe wasn't as apparent. I think having a place to do that, which is available but separate is very valuable. Some times people need to rant or talk about stupid shit in a quasi safe place. The Junk Pile is kind of that crazy bar outside the city limits where you can go do shit that aren't acceptible in town. Eventually every Wild West town wants to grow up and have street cars and fairs instead of gunfights and whorehouses. (Don't ask me why).

It adds a sense of humanity, esp when the moderators have shit that ends up in the Junk Pile.

But, again, I say that to point out a DIFFERENCE, not to say one forum is right and the other wrong.

I think taken as a whole, the Journal, Chop Cult and Choppertown Nation are complimentary (even complementary?) in a lot of ways.

Choice is good.

~Rev Mike

revmike
03-07-2010, 6:17 AM
Problem with the hot babe thread is it leads me to other sites, I mean other people, other perverts I mean guys, not me I'm not talking about me, clearly I was referring to other guys.
I only look at the "Hot Babe" thread to understand sin and debauchery and try to find ways to bring the poor perverts and miguided girls back into the fold. Sometimes those girls just need a hot meal and a bath. And sometimes they need someone to scrub those parts that are too hard to reach... Well, um, er , so I've heard...

~Rev Mike

mikestobbe
03-07-2010, 9:52 AM
Rev , re: choice is good . . . no shit man . I agree 100 %

I say the more the merrier . take what you can from every source you are able . I've just never had much tolerance for bellyaching or continuous complaining of any kind . I always just thought if you didn't like something , STFU and move along . No reason to sit in a wet diaper and go on and on about how it's wet and how much it sucks . . . take it off and get over it !

HFMC
03-08-2010, 2:16 AM
I've been a member on JJ since 2005, but I only have a handful of posts. The two sites are very different. I think this forum is just too new to compete with the expertise and information available on JJ, but CC does have a more friendly feel. I'll continue to check both of them everyday, and I appreciate all the work that goes into both forums. I figure the guys who own the sites have the right to say what does and doesn't go on there. If I didn't like it enough, I suppose I'd start my own.

Frankenfab
03-08-2010, 7:12 PM
Prior to finding this board my "attendance" at the JJ had definitely been dwindling regardless. Seeing people told "use the search" and various other patented responses via one moderator in particular has gotten so annoying that it just seems like bullying at this point.

I can appreciate people wanting to purify the forum to only include traditional bikes etc but the fact is that most people cannot afford to start with traditional bikes... given the economy some people wont EVER own one. The end result is just a lot of people feeling alienated for not being a part of the "cool kids traditional rod club."

Do what you want with your forum, just means a lot of others won't want to participate.

revmike
03-08-2010, 10:16 PM
Thanks for chiming in Bill :) can I have my fucking happy face back now?

~Rev

revmike
03-08-2010, 10:17 PM
Sorry, that sounded too serious ;) :)

billdozer
03-09-2010, 12:14 AM
Thanks for chiming in Bill :) can I have my fucking happy face back now?

~Rev

Nope. I figure books have gotten away without 'em this long, we can too. It's more old skool anyway. : )>

Boston
03-09-2010, 6:17 PM
JJ = cool bikes, great knowledge by some contributors. On the downside...it has Dragon.

CC=potential for all to visit and find something of interest. Has already picked up momentum with members from quite a few other forums.

I'm a "hater" so I deleted my original opinion. Keeping THAT point of view made me feel like I was still on the JJ!!!!

Boston

Sawbones
03-22-2010, 12:21 AM
Just got permabanned from the Jockey Journal after my second post ever.
There's a thread up about valve seats in Ironheads and whether they need to be machined out and replaced with hardened seats or not. I have to say, the beginning of the thread was pure troll; basically, "Should original Ironhead valve seats be replaced to run unleaded fuel or not? Discuss." and the OP said something also to the effect of "I'm a professional, so I know the answer to this question, I'm just testing to see if you guys know." Okay, interesting enough topic, it's got my attention.
A number of people then chime in with some great responses. I have a little time to do some background research so I call up some friends in drag racing and I call up some local guys who know a thing or two about race fuel because I'm wondering if I should make this modification on my own bike. I put together a post with the information I've dug up, asking the OP to come out and tell us what he knows. Five minutes after being up my post is gone. I'm actually pretty mystified about this because I've never been on a forum where the administrators mysteriously disappear entire posts like that. I re-post something commenting on the absence of my original post, thinking what happened was some sort of mistake, and boom; done, goodbye, banned forever. The reason given was "nice intro, link your spam somewhere else," or something to that effect. Between my first and second posts I was digging around to see if maybe I violated the rules. Sure enough, I didn't post an introduction. Whoop dee doo. But spam? Really? I wasn't flogging anyone's brands or personal blogs. I linked to a study done by Chevron, but that's about as close as anything I wrote came to spamming.
So I came over here and read through this entire thing and started to feel at least a little better about knowing that I'm not the only one this has happened to.
beanhead78 asked whether anyone would say something on the internet that they wouldn't say to someone's face in a bar (known as the Greater Internet Fuckwad Theory (http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2004/3/19/) in some circles), and I think it works both ways. If I were in a bar, whoever deleted my posts wouldn't simply be able to erase what I've said just because they didn't like hearing it. Sure, if you're the bouncer you can toss someone out of a bar, but you can't delete the memory of their words or presence in real life. Nor should you be able to. No matter what, I'm going to have this chip on my shoulder now about someone over at the Jockey Journal acting like a mexican general over something completely foolish. This isn't about quality control, it's some dictator exercising what little power he has to the greatest degree possible. I used to see that behavior from 14 year-old boys moderating the IRC forums and music forums I visited when I was a teenager. 'Shit's silly.
Someone else compared the site to Nazi Germany, but in reality I think the Jockey Journal's administration and policies of censorship are far more like the attitudes of Communist China toward the internet or those of North Korea to the international press.
Yet another poster in this thread said the Jockey Journal isn't a democracy. Well, it certainly isn't. In fact what bothers me so much about the Jockey Journal is that it ain't fucking free. Not even a little bit. It sounds like the whole place is the singular domain of one man-child, and for whatever reason everyone else involved has left it up to him to do with the place what he sees fit. The captain is out to lunch and the sailors have taken over the ship. I'm not trying to be jingoistic when I say that I don't think greatness can flourish in places with so little freedom.
Anyway, sorry for the diatribe, I have a little insomnia right now. I'll go to sleep thinking about the magnificent d.i.y. tech articles I should post here. Be excellent to each other.

EDIT:

To Jockey Journal's credit, my membership status was reactivated today. Still, no reason as to why, but I'll take it as a charitable gesture.

Joey
04-09-2010, 9:51 PM
Pretty sure I just got the banhammer

altshovel
04-09-2010, 11:14 PM
Just don't pay attention to Dragon. He seems pretty knowledgeable ( Kurt says he doesn't know jack, but he's holding a grudge). I get bumped all the time, who cares? It's still a good source of information and not everyone who posts is an asshat. Hell I'm an asshat WTF??
JJ kind of started it and it has lost some of it's edge.
I go there most days.
I was told to check out Dragon's posts on the Horse but I never go there, I don't hate the Horse, I just don't go to their forum.

Joey
04-09-2010, 11:33 PM
He's a jackass on both. I've had run ins with him before but just little dust ups.
He is getting more ham fisted daily. Whatever.
I'm an idiot too... I just hate that EVERYTHING turns into a pissing match over there. Sometimes I just wanna look at pictures and read actual motorcycle content.
I say that as I post this. I'm an idiot.

NeoDutch
04-11-2010, 1:57 AM
Watch out, you never know who's lookin'.

Boston
04-12-2010, 9:07 AM
Watch out, you never know who's lookin'.

I'm banking on it...nothing like knowing you are the asshole of the site!

Great job, Dragon!

Boston

FlyingEyeBall
04-14-2010, 11:34 AM
I'm banking on it...nothing like knowing you are the asshole of the site!

Great job, Dragon!

Boston

How many times have you been banned from the jockey?

4?

5?

antisocialcreep
05-01-2010, 2:10 AM
cc has no fucking dragooon dicking it up, gets a thumbs up in my book

NeoDutch
05-01-2010, 6:50 PM
Just noticed my avatar has been deleted.

http://www.pinheadlounge.com/photos/0/34/42227/thumb_JJ2TShirt.jpg?cache_id=1272761354

xllance
05-01-2010, 8:06 PM
CC feels free...........you know, like this country used to be.

That would be the USA! Still the best but slipping fast.

savage454
05-01-2010, 11:08 PM
I posted my 59' Triumph in the Skinny tires thread and it was deleted. I was pissed because 6 or 7 of the previous bikes were quite big. I ranted and it was deleted, I ranted again and it was deleted. i p.m.ed Dragon and this is the response I recived. BTW my back tire is skinnier than he claims. Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by savage454
I've been frequenting this site for awhile. I don't post much because someone has already answered or it can be found with a search. I have never had to post a tech question for the same reason. I was not trying to cause drama but how is my bike less skinny than the one posted directly below my deleted pic? Or 10 others for that matter? like I said some people don't have money to have a different bike every other month. I am proud of my bike. Is it a crime? It was relevant to the thread. I like the knowledge in this site, but the pissy scenster attitude is distasteful. I understand the "don't come here if you don't like it" attitude but come on. The thing about scenster circle jerks is, yeah, it feels good when you're doing it, and hell maybe you've even got a good rhythm. You're not first but you're not gonna eat the biscuit either. As fun as it seems when someone walks by and looks in a window they all just look like fags.

I ride with a club full of old guys who were there when this technology was new. They helped start it. They don't care what others ride. They aren't sucking each others dicks via blogs and piss partys. i'll just keep getting my knowledge from them. Thanks anyway. If you could delete my profile that would be cool. Ryan Martin

Reply from Dragon

Honestly I dont have nor seldom take time to respond to rants and mutiple drama-reposts after deletes, but you bring this personal.....and make such a sweeping generalisation I have to address it. Maybe you didnt notice it for everything else you mention, but this is meant to be a tech-oriented board, not a marketplace or party network.

We try to keep the specific threads, yes even the pic threads, on topic....why I made the specific note. You have a fine looking Triumph, well-suited (and more "relevant") to many of the Triumph & Brit & "your bike" pic threads, but a 5x16 on a bike that stock had a 3.75 or 4x18 is fat-tired, by definition.
You have no idea how many others have been removed for the same reason.

As the membership has gone well over 20,000, the problems (and intent trouble-causers) have increased geometrically. We dont have time to go back thru every thread and sanitise them for the full 5-year duration of the board, but we have been paying more attention the last couple years.

And I couldnt help but notice your post ranting at the general board for sucking dick on Dice and other scenesters (which inspired another 1/2 dozen drama-posts).....yet now you choose to bring it to lump in with me personally.

I am the farthest from a youngun or a scenester...and have long resented the attitude of them on here, demanding respect cause they used to skateboard (whoopee fucking doo) and now ride their first 'bobber' in their cool skate shoes.

For years I have appealed to the forum owner for a separate area for the parties, magazine & social events, but to no avail.

I have ridden self-built and self-maintained raggedy custom bikes since the late '60s, many years never owned a car or truck. Never owned a new bike. Look back thru some of my huge number of posts, go back enough there's more (when I was more inspired to help the new guys over defending this place from them) than a bunch offering up tech help, links, pics and scans from my library of tech manuals.....mostly lessons I learned long before the 'puter age by fixing my shit beside the road, not expecting instant answers online on how to wire a Triumph, what color was cool, and where to get a flaky helmet....

And since 2000 when I dropped a career/10 years last job working 70 hour 600 mile weeks driving a rock truck, to come take care of both elderly parents full-time, the last couple years I have become disabled myself (just not re govt $), and can barely get around....so I happen to have a lot of indoor time, and invest quite a bit of it trying to help this place be as good as it can be and almost is......for absolutely no compensation, and very rare acknowlegement or kind words.

So, in closing, I'm sorry this huge & worldwide mix of folks on here and our semi-strict guidelines, have caused you such problems.

And sorry you paint with such a broad brush judging us/expressing your feelings.
Maybe there's someplace on the net that'll be better.

Doug .

NeoDutch
05-02-2010, 6:16 AM
The JJ may have 20 000 "members", but in all probability there's only a couple of hundred that make any real contribution. If you're bored or at work, go through the member list and check how many have never posted at all (maybe more than half) and then there's the guys that were there at the start, but no longer post because of the heavy handed moderation. Add that to the fact that at least 2 strong forums have sprung up as a back lash to the policies of the JJ.

xllance
05-02-2010, 8:24 PM
Sniffle sniffle.

Boston
05-03-2010, 7:53 AM
How many times have you been banned from the jockey?

4?

5?

...And your lame point....? My being banned removes Dragon from the Asshole-of-the-month club? Many would say different. Neo-Dutch who responded just above me hit the nail on the head..."heavy-handed moderation"...

I think there were more numbers who quit the site and moved on or were banned for having the balls to call him on talking out the side of his neck than are total registered members now. Actually the last time you posted there was a month ago, and that was to sell something! But go ahead...defend the man.

Too F'ing funny there Mr. Von Dutch.

Markee
05-06-2010, 8:34 AM
http://www.googlefight.com/index.php?lang=en_GB&word1=+JOCKEY+JOURNAL+&word2=CHOP+CULT+

You asked for it. Curious to check that again in 1 year.

billdozer
05-06-2010, 8:52 AM
Markee, I don't even know what that means, but with a five year running start I'd think the JJ would kick our ass at any traffic or numbers-based competition. Funny, I got different results each time I loaded it too.

Markee
05-06-2010, 9:05 AM
Markee, I don't even know what that means, but with a five year running start I'd think the JJ would kick our ass at any traffic or numbers-based competition. Funny, I got different results each time I loaded it too.

"Google Fight is a game based on how often a word or phrase appears in Google."

So winning doesn't always determine better if the words and conversations are negative.

Exampe: http://www.googlefight.com/index.php?lang=en_GB&word1=Jazzy+Scooter&word2=Wheel+chair

Sawbones
05-06-2010, 9:48 AM
Yeah, I don't really feel too bad about it. It's like our older brother just beat the shit out of us. Maybe he won, but you know...he's older, he's bigger, but he's still an asshole and he won't seem that big forever. Wait until Chop Cult is a freshman in high school and is banging senior chicks at the prom in his Mustang convertible. Meanwhile JJ is graduated and still working at the gas station, with all the teachers saying "Just don't turn out the way your brother did!"

Punkskalar
05-06-2010, 9:38 PM
Baggin on the young guys again.... Dragon sure is one Pretentious Mouth Breather huh?

Dragon Wrote:

"I have only heard of tanks "called" 'Alien' in the last couple years.

And I suspect it's simply a matter of some modern maker trying to establish a 'label' on their copy of a timeless form.

Namely, the first aftermarket versions (whatever company) called it the "Axed" tank...as did the early chopper guys
slicing ('axing') split tanks then joining them, making a small vessel w/no tunnel.

T[I]hose first aftermarket pieces bring huge $$ when found now...thank the jap "cool-kid" builders.

I had one and put on a Triumph 650 frame raked by shortening the top tubes & pulling the downtube back....(back in the late '70s)
only tank I found that would fit due to the short lenghth....couple of the local hardcore HD guys named it "Bugzilla" cause
of the 2 caps (eyes) and how tiny yet bulbous it was on the backbone....."

antisocialcreep
05-07-2010, 12:09 AM
so as i was parooosing some of the older posts again and laughing my ass off it occured to me that i dont care if ryan likes outlaw culture or what his stupid fucking reason for always making swastikas or un-p.c. shit out to be bad is all about. ya know, this is how the culture has been since... well, forever. if he doesnt like it then jog on. sniveling lil' brat. political correctness is the antithesis of the core bike expirience.

HFMC
05-07-2010, 12:38 AM
Yeah, I don't really feel too bad about it. It's like our older brother just beat the shit out of us. Maybe he won, but you know...he's older, he's bigger, but he's still an asshole and he won't seem that big forever. Wait until Chop Cult is a freshman in high school and is banging senior chicks at the prom in his Mustang convertible. Meanwhile JJ is graduated and still working at the gas station, with all the teachers saying "Just don't turn out the way your brother did!"

Now that's funny!!!

Boston
05-07-2010, 12:09 PM
Baggin on the young guys again.... Dragon sure is one Pretentious Mouth Breather huh?

Dragon Wrote:

"I have only heard of tanks "called" 'Alien' in the last couple years.

And I suspect it's simply a matter of some modern maker trying to establish a 'label' on their copy of a timeless form.

Namely, the first aftermarket versions (whatever company) called it the "Axed" tank...as did the early chopper guys
slicing ('axing') split tanks then joining them, making a small vessel w/no tunnel.

T[I]hose first aftermarket pieces bring huge $$ when found now...thank the jap "cool-kid" builders.

I had one and put on a Triumph 650 frame raked by shortening the top tubes & pulling the downtube back....(back in the late '70s)
only tank I found that would fit due to the short lenghth....couple of the local hardcore HD guys named it "Bugzilla" cause
of the 2 caps (eyes) and how tiny yet bulbous it was on the backbone....."

I've been riding and building HD's for 44 years...and this man (Dragon) doesn't speak for my generation of bikers....PRETENTIOUS? No f'ing shit!

jazzmans
05-07-2010, 1:52 PM
The simple fact that this thread still exists, and that there is a 'junk pile' forum, is exactly why I'm here and not there.

It's a lot more adult to say, don't like it? don't read it! then to say don't like it, deleted it.
but, opinions are like assholes, everyone's got one.

keep riding and wrenching fuckers!

jaz

CRFyou
05-07-2010, 4:51 PM
The simple fact that this thread still exists, and that there is a 'junk pile' forum, is exactly why I'm here and not there.

It's a lot more adult to say, don't like it? don't read it! then to say don't like it, deleted it.
but, opinions are like assholes, everyone's got one.

keep riding and wrenching fuckers!

jaz

that's a good point. sometimes like-minded people want to talk about "off topic" things. there's a bit more culture/personality/ whatever here since we're allowed to talk about other things, like cunts, boobs, or the rudimentary free market system china uses.

Halwade
05-07-2010, 6:15 PM
Had to do a GoogleFight of my own, just for peace of mind:

And the winner is… (http://www.googlefight.com/index.php?lang=en_GB&word1=Gay&word2=Straight)

kingdeadbeat
05-07-2010, 8:50 PM
Had to do a GoogleFight of my own, just for peace of mind:

And the winner is… (http://www.googlefight.com/index.php?lang=en_GB&word1=Gay&word2=Straight)

I prefer quality to quantity my friend.

Coco
05-11-2010, 9:43 AM
Although this place has far too many helmet threads I do tire of the stupid questions over on the JJ. This place is a little more loose as well but I like both sites and each has their merrits.

turtle
05-17-2010, 6:59 PM
what the heck is Jocky journal

beanhead78
05-17-2010, 8:24 PM
what the heck is Jocky journal

one very short mans take on his profession. he updates everyday.
mon: "so i rode a horse today."
tues:"the horse seems to like me."
wed"god my life sucks."
thurs:" ahh fuck it, i hate being this short. goodbye cruel world."
fri:" if youd like to make a call,please hang up and try again."

StoneHead
05-18-2010, 6:59 PM
I changed my mind, JJ aint so bad I guess.

Man I thought for sure this would get a rise out of somebody. So much for baiting debate.
Anyway, JJ is a pretty good board and I've actually been lurking there for a couple years.
Shit like Dolce's run on Dick Gambino make it definitely worth the read.
But I stand by my initial reply and say I rather jump on Chop Cult on the daily for the it's collective personality, the wisdom of it's contributors and the entertainment of whats posted.

Given a choice between the two, CC wins hands down.

fozz
06-12-2010, 4:55 PM
trouble with the jocky journal is DRAGON. to heavy handed an self opinionated & doesnt know as much as he thinks , when he s proved wrong delete , dont agree with dragon delete say so ban , . hope its a bit more real on here, were only human after all

neptune
06-13-2010, 9:19 AM
Im new to this site CC but I have to say I started at JJ and found their policies to post and interact on that site lame. I couldnt just reply to a post or post any new things I was interested in or doing? wtf? Something about having a certain amount of time and posts before I could interact? On this site its free reign and thats cool. Im on alot of other tech blog sites and I would stand by my statement that JJ is LAME! This site is progressive and engaging, I enjoy it! Keep up the good work. R

Coco
06-15-2010, 11:51 AM
Im new to this site CC but I have to say I started at JJ and found their policies to post and interact on that site lame. I couldnt just reply to a post or post any new things I was interested in or doing? wtf? Something about having a certain amount of time and posts before I could interact? On this site its free reign and thats cool. Im on alot of other tech blog sites and I would stand by my statement that JJ is LAME! This site is progressive and engaging, I enjoy it! Keep up the good work. R

You probably thought the policies were lame beacsue you didn't read the stickies ect or what the site was about before you started posting.

You need 50 posts before you can sell something. They do that so some asshole does not come along, post shit for sale, rip someone off and then vanish. It's more for your protection as a buyer/seller so you don't get burned.

fozz
06-15-2010, 1:12 PM
You probably thought the policies were lame beacsue you didn't read the stickies ect or what the site was about before you started posting.

You need 50 posts before you can sell something. They do that so some asshole does not come along, post shit for sale, rip someone off and then vanish. It's more for your protection as a buyer/seller so you don't get burned.

So your gonna rip somebody off on yoiur 1st post but not after 50 , shit a rip off merchants a rip of merchant no matter what , Posting a pics gonna rip somebody off bullshit ,
The jj s got some good people on it & helpfull people an ya gotta have rules But most of us are bikers that site treats ya like a fucking 3 yr old kid , I was on that site fa 3 yrs 450 posts or so got kicked of fa tellin some dick head not to insult our war dead if that aint lame what is