PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in the Greater Raleigh Area

Structural1
10-22-2011, 3:42 PM
How many Chop Cult folks are in the Greater Raleigh NC area? Raleigh, Chapel Hill, Durham, Cary, Apex, Garner, etc.....

I live down in Cary.... and was thinking of putting together a Greater Raleigh email list/yahoo group for guys to plan rides. It seems like all the cool runs/bike nights are over in Greensboro or down in Charlotte.

I would love to get an email list going where guys can post shit like "anybody up for a run to fayetville this weekend" or "who wants to head to Bar So and So Thursday night...."

So if you live in the greater Raleigh area sound off.....

CMAC

GlassBikerNC
10-22-2011, 8:00 PM
I'm pretty close to that area. Over in Kenly (about 45 mi SE of Raleigh)
Shoot me a PM

Chief777
10-23-2011, 3:57 AM
I'm down in the Fayetteville area.

Zooligan
10-23-2011, 7:39 AM
Aren't a bunch of the Death Science crew from Raleigh?

jrjonez
10-24-2011, 6:13 AM
In Jacksonville area, but spend a lot of time in Greensboro area.

pootergirl
10-24-2011, 7:48 AM
In wake forest area....Not in to bar hopping but PM if you'd like to go with Kevin and I riding. We ride with a great group of people. Looking to do some long riding this weekend

Structural1
10-24-2011, 8:55 AM
Hi folks.... 5 responses.... thats a good start :-)... Lets see how many responses we can get. I'll PM the locals that respond and we'll see where it goes.

I know Matt and Tim and the DS guys...I made the Revenge Run back in April... Hell the tank on my Sporty was won in the raffle.... I was just looking to build nice list of folks to bounce potential get togethers off of.

Pootergirl..... we met briefly at the DS BBQ a few months ago. You were on that ironhead right.....

pootergirl
10-24-2011, 11:22 AM
Hi folks.... 5 responses.... thats a good start :-)... Lets see how many responses we can get. I'll PM the locals that respond and we'll see where it goes.

I know Matt and Tim and the DS guys...I made the Revenge Run back in April... Hell the tank on my Sporty was won in the raffle.... I was just looking to build nice list of folks to bounce potential get togethers off of.

Pootergirl..... we met briefly at the DS BBQ a few months ago. You were on that ironhead right.....

Yes at the BBQ and the 2nd RR. Have to see you to remember ya. Did you put it on your bike? Congrats on the tank it was awesome. Just let us know if its not raining on Friday we might do some riding out in Yadkin area. Great riding we are almost always up for riding unless we are working on someone's bike.

GlassBikerNC
10-24-2011, 2:36 PM
Not in to bar hopping

Same here. I tend to like riding

Structural1
10-24-2011, 8:47 PM
Not much of a bar hopper either.... My type of run is more along the lines of a ride out to some random little town in the boonies.... grab a beer/burger.... hit some nice roads on the way back...

I'm also into weekend runs and camp outs....

CMAC

captainsportster
10-25-2011, 6:50 PM
I'm in Fredericksburg, VA now, but used to live in N. Raleigh (about 10 miles away from Crabtree Valley Mall). Work moved me from Raleigh, to Philly, and now to VA... hoping to get back to NC in a couple of years.

I'm going to watch this thread - it'd be cool to see more riders in the area that aren't HOG members.

Juddson
10-26-2011, 10:22 AM
I'm moving to the area in a few months, from Florida. March or beginning of April most likely. Will be going to school in Sanford, maybe 40 miles SW of Raleigh. Hope this thread develops. Might make it easier to get acquainted with the area when I get up there.

pootergirl
10-26-2011, 10:40 AM
I'm in Fredericksburg, VA now, but used to live in N. Raleigh (about 10 miles away from Crabtree Valley Mall). Work moved me from Raleigh, to Philly, and now to VA... hoping to get back to NC in a couple of years.

I'm going to watch this thread - it'd be cool to see more riders in the area that aren't HOG members.

Frederickburg would be a nice ride. You could also just set up a ride say hey going to place A if anyone would like....just a thought I know Kevin and I would be down with it. I want to get some riding time in this year

Structural1
10-26-2011, 6:54 PM
Hey Juddson.... make sure you get here before mid April. Mainly for 2 reasons..... the 20th is my BDAY... and the third week of April is the Revenge Run out to the Outer Banks.

Its a Great run put on by the Death Science Guys up in Wake Forest. The run includes a ride through the low country... 2 ferry trips.... a night of camping right next to the beach......and a Bash in Wilmington..

I'm about 35% done on my new girder...and hope to have it ready by riding time in the Spring.

This damn thing is taking me longer than I ever expected.....

bobber41
10-26-2011, 6:56 PM
im not far from raliegh. im from the aberdeen/pinehurst area. lil over a hour on US1 south. would love to get together and do some riding.

2003sob
10-26-2011, 7:00 PM
I'm in Carthage which is between Sanford and Pinehurst. I ride with a couple guys but would like to do more riding when I'm not watching my daughter....

Shaun

Structural1
10-26-2011, 9:02 PM
Shaun... same situation here... Seems the more I want to ride the more the little guys (my 4 and 2 year olds) wanna have some daddy time.....So I have to squeeze riding time in when I can.... I have a minibike I stretched 9 inches and made it a 2 up. The boys love riding it with daddy and wanna know when they can ride with daddy on the "big boy" bike..

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/9707/mini3f.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/210/mini3f.jpg/)

Juddson
10-27-2011, 9:47 AM
Hey Structural, thanks for the heads up. Sounds like a great way to start my NC experience.

GlassBikerNC
11-02-2011, 7:17 PM
So...

Anyone going to the Jacksonville Bike Bash Saturday and want to meet for the ride?

poonslammer
11-02-2011, 8:17 PM
im a greenville transplant from the fayettville area so i spend alot of time between the 2, school in gville and work on my scoot in fay. the bar hoppin thing sounds like it would be fun...if i was 21 :( but fuck it we can get together and party up at my place if anyone ever comes thru, if you have 2 wheels and a good attitude my place is more than open to anyone.

jrjonez
11-03-2011, 6:18 AM
So...

Anyone going to the Jacksonville Bike Bash Saturday and want to meet for the ride?

Thought about going since it is only 20 mins from the house. Went last year but left after about 2 hours.

GlassBikerNC
11-03-2011, 6:39 AM
Thought about going since it is only 20 mins from the house. Went last year but left after about 2 hours.

Was it that bad?

jrjonez
11-03-2011, 7:21 AM
Was it that bad?

It had its good parts. I had just gotten out of the Marine Corps so I did run in to a bunch of people I know. A decent amount of bikes there. A lot of crocth rockets and baggers. There where a few chops there. When the drag strip was open, wasnt bad. Looks like they have added some new things from last year though.

pootergirl
11-03-2011, 9:53 AM
Marine Corps Ball on Sat....so no riding on sat :-(

EasyRider84
11-04-2011, 6:10 PM
I'm in Charlotte.

Juddson
02-09-2012, 12:00 PM
So as I mentioned earlier on this thread, I am preparing for a move from Florida to NC in April with my girlfriend. I'll be going to school in Sanford, and she is going to try and pick up a nursing job somewhere around there. I have been looking at rental houses on the internet, and it's pretty much getting down to the wire here, time wise. We are going to take a little trip up there at the end of this month to try and find us a house. I have only been in the area once, so I was looking for a little input. I'll be schooling in Sanford, so I am looking at houses there, but it's kinda slim pickins and I'm not necessarily opposed to living somewhere else in the area, but when I'm browsing craigslist and whatnot, I don't really know what to look for around there. As in, towns where I might find affordable rental houses, and be close enough to Sanford that it's not a bitch to commute, and that aren't shitholes, basically. Any suggestions?

jessewho68
02-09-2012, 6:42 PM
i am in kernersville good starting point for the mountains up hwy 8 or 66 to va and the parkway if out this way pm me

jrjonez
02-10-2012, 7:46 AM
So as I mentioned earlier on this thread, I am preparing for a move from Florida to NC in April with my girlfriend. I'll be going to school in Sanford, and she is going to try and pick up a nursing job somewhere around there. I have been looking at rental houses on the internet, and it's pretty much getting down to the wire here, time wise. We are going to take a little trip up there at the end of this month to try and find us a house. I have only been in the area once, so I was looking for a little input. I'll be schooling in Sanford, so I am looking at houses there, but it's kinda slim pickins and I'm not necessarily opposed to living somewhere else in the area, but when I'm browsing craigslist and whatnot, I don't really know what to look for around there. As in, towns where I might find affordable rental houses, and be close enough to Sanford that it's not a bitch to commute, and that aren't shitholes, basically. Any suggestions?

I ride through Sanford a lot on my way to Greensboro. I take 421 through. I can give you help with other towns. Lilington is about 25 mins to the southeast. One bad thing about that stretch of 421 is it is 2 lane country road. So traffic from time to time does get bad. Silier City is about 30 mins to the Northwest. That stretch of 421 is 4 lane and traffic usually isnt bad. Hope this helps.

Juddson
02-10-2012, 2:28 PM
Thanks Jonez

poonslammer
02-10-2012, 3:28 PM

i went to college back in sanford about a year ago, and my parents still live there so I'm up there quite a bit on the weekends between school there are is a good amount of housing in that are due to ft.bragg being 30 -/+ miles away. id suggest not actually staying in sanford though, thats just my opinion though. there are a lot of good neighborhoods about 15 miles out of sanford twards fayettville though

Juddson
02-10-2012, 4:20 PM
I was only in Sanford a couple days went I went up there to tour that school a little while back, so I didn't really get much of an impression. You suggesting living outside Sanford cause it's not a great place, or is it just that there are better options elsewhere? On a side note, and bringing the thread back closer to it's intended purpose, I just reserved my spot on the Revenge Run. Might be nice to run with folks from the area to the meet up, and back when it's over. Who else from Raleigh area is doin RR?

pelican
02-18-2012, 8:59 PM
I live in sanford. Don't know why in the world you would want to live in this scum hole.

To summarize
The community college here is crap. I don't know why you would want to move from florida to go there.

As far as bikes- you might find a friend or two to ride with eventually, but there is no scene and certainly not a lot of chops or bikes period.

Most of the community is based on factories. As the economy has gone down unemployment is high here.

Crime- lots of shootings, but mainly black people shooting each other, lots of small theft
Housing- single bedroom apartments start around $550 in town, price goes up from there. A lot of people live outside of town in between sanford and fayetteville. Mostly trailers and cheap prefab homes. In this area you can rent a 3br trailer or similar for around the same 550-600

There's a handful of bars that all suck. If you want to shop you have to go to raleigh/cary, fayetteville.

If I could afford to move I'd be gone

Raleigh/Cary is a lot better place to live. Lots of schools too. Like night and day compared to sanford though.
There's a nice metal fest in raleigh twice a year at the lincoln theatre
Any questions send me a message...

trash
02-19-2012, 8:04 PM
I'm going to have to agree with Pelican. The small amount of time I spent in Sanford didn't impress me. And although I do like the areas between Sanford and Fayetteville, the crime rate in the country was pretty high in certain areas. I've been staying in Johnston and Wayne counties and have had any problems with thieves since.

GlassBikerNC
02-19-2012, 8:15 PM
I'm going to have to agree with Pelican. The small amount of time I spent in Sanford didn't impress me. And although I do like the areas between Sanford and Fayetteville, the crime rate in the country was pretty high in certain areas. I've been staying in Johnston and Wayne counties and have had any problems with thieves since.

Where are you in JoCo/Wayne? I'm in Kenly and work in Princeton.

Juddson
02-21-2012, 5:43 PM
Ouch. Well, I was kinda avoiding the subject, but I'm goin up there 'cause of that motorcycle mechanic program they got at CCCC. I have seen a few threads on here and elsewhere regarding MMI and whatnot, and I just didn't want to deal with peoples varying opinions and/or criticism on that subject. I have read em plenty, and my mind was already made up anyway. Plus, honestly, I'm little self conscious about it. I have only been on a motorcycle for a few years and know even less about 'em so I figured it might come off funny, me jumpin in here and talkin bout trying to pursue some kind of career in motorcycles, to a bunch of dudes with much more experience. Didn't wan't folks to go back and look at dumbass questions I have asked on here and say why in the world does this asshole think he needs to go to motorcycle mechanic school. So anyway, I been bullshittin around Panama City here for several years and kinda goin to school on and off, here and there. Motorcycles came into my life and learning about/working on and around them started sounding appealing, but MMI and schools like that are really expensive. Read on the Harley website that besides MMI, they also have a partnership with four different colleges, and the closest one to me was in Sanford. I wasn't going anywhere fast here so I just pulled the trigger on the school. Just figured ya know, the program's only a year, I'll learn a lot, North Carolina seems nice enough and I'll be close to Raleigh which seemed like a somewhat happening place, or at least, one of maybe 3 city names I was familiar with in the state. At the very least, it'd be an experience and a change of pace and scenery. So, I'm all signed up for the school. Went and checked out the facility and talked to the instructors a couple months ago. Class starts in May, the 25th maybe I think. So, I'm comin' up there for sure, and from the sound of it I reckon I'll be looking for a place outside of Sanford. School is gonna be my #1 priority, so maybe living in an apparently shitty area won't be too big a deal. Thanks for the discouragement! I'm just kiddin, I asked for input and I got it. Keep it comin.

mosten
02-21-2012, 10:06 PM
I've been in Charlotte for a few weeks and staying perm. Haven't had time to do shit, but my bike is here. Anyone hook me up with some local knowledge?

83hdchopper
02-23-2012, 6:25 AM
I lived in Johnston county for 8yrs till I moved away, was about a hour from Sanford. There are a lot of nursing jobs in Raleigh/Cary area for your girl. I'd split the difference between where she can get a job and the school. The scene around Raleigh seems to be growing and a lot of things happening since I left. The M/C program at CCCC is pretty good, has pluses that the others don't but doesn't have the name. I've know several that have gone thru the program and I went thru there for HDU training. Wayne and Stan are good guys, not sure if they are still there and who teaches the program now.

Juddson
02-23-2012, 2:38 PM
Hey 83hdchopper, thanks for the info. I haven't spoke to anyone that went through the program, so it's nice to hear good things. I met Stan and he was real nice and seemed pretty professional. Took me AND my folks and girlfriend on a tour of the facilities and really made us feel welcome. From what the website says, I think Wayne is still there too, but I didn't meet him.

EasyRider84
02-23-2012, 7:22 PM
I'm in Charlotte, but not from here. I don't know too much about the area or working on a bike really, but I like riding. What do you want to know? Today was a good day to ride, got out for a while and it was mid 70's.

HWC
02-23-2012, 8:53 PM
" i wanna take week end rides,,i wanna camp,i hav big brown dreamy eyes,,,i dont know shit about my motorcyle, im gonna go to school in ghetto shithole ,,,,GAWD DAMN,,is this a ghey HOG thread or what the fuck!!!! im goin back out to the shop an shoot a hole thru a fukin gas tank!!!!

sorry had to do it:asshat:

junkyardxl
04-11-2012, 5:28 PM
hey im from the rocky mount area, add me to the list for runs and shit. unless we are going for long rides on the beach and having candle light dinner. for those that do wanna do a little bar hoppin im game.

Juddson
04-16-2012, 9:26 AM
I just got to Sanford. I'm down for gettin out n about bars or trips or whatever. I do gotta get a little work done on my bike right away though. Anybody have any suggestions for any shops in/around Sanford that services harleys? I keep fucking shit up and I just need to get it on the road.

jeezy
04-25-2012, 9:14 AM
Sounds about right, I'm in downtown Raleigh with a buddy in Hillsborough and another in Cary..

brach77
05-03-2012, 6:32 PM
Gonna be moving to Winterville/Greenville area in June. Any one here around this area or am I gonna have to head to Raleigh?

poonslammer
05-13-2012, 10:14 PM
thunder cycles up on 87 past the walmart is pretty straight there are a few more on down the road, green light cycles, m&m there are actually quite a few indy shops in fay.
where my greenville people at?

poonslammer
05-13-2012, 10:19 PM
Gonna be moving to Winterville/Greenville area in June. Any one here around this area or am I gonna have to head to Raleigh?

i got cha bro

turbochad
05-16-2012, 8:08 AM
spring lake here

Juddson
05-16-2012, 2:11 PM
Anybody else from this area riding over to Tennessee next week for the Big Mountain Run?

YocumBros
06-03-2012, 1:38 PM
I'm just south of Raleigh near Fuquay

2stroketim
06-05-2012, 10:41 AM
Anyone riding up to the South Central Bike Fair? This Saturday - June 9th - meet up at the Sheetz market/gas station on 501North and Hwy 58. Meetin up around 8:30, rollin out at 9.

poonslammer
06-18-2012, 1:49 AM
anyone got any plans for smoke out?

Dallasmn26
07-14-2012, 4:13 PM
I know this thread is a lil old but kinda new to the asheboro area been trying to find some bar hoping buddies riding something other than a geezer glide

TheGooch13
07-16-2012, 4:25 PM
I think I am riding up for this from Daytona its my birthday weekend and I want it to be a wild blast. I always love seeing ANTiSEEN but I never have seen the Necrobutcher and will be kicking ass there as well. If you arent hip to either of these things google them. This is sure to be a wild one.....

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-TPR7RP5szKg/T7vK8tZCcII/AAAAAAAAJuU/VWHoGY_Lz0Y/s1600/RockNRassle_Poster.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jgv1AowkDfw&feature=relmfu

Allen
07-17-2012, 4:55 AM
Raleigh to Charlotte; 3 hours, 169 miles. You all gotta work this one out. Perfect excuse for a ride.

Juddson
07-27-2012, 5:54 PM
I'm down here in Sanford, only been here a few months. Got one buddy here I ride with real regularly, been goin to pittsboro, Raleigh, Durham, chapel hill and whatnot. It'd be nice to find some more folks to run with, or at least find some good bar spot or somethin to meet like minded folk. Where's the place to be around here? I'm thinkin bout maybe tryin to do this antiseen show in Charlotte, anybody from over this way headed there tomorrow?

mosten
07-27-2012, 6:53 PM
I'm down here in Sanford, only been here a few months. Got one buddy here I ride with real regularly, been goin to pittsboro, Raleigh, Durham, chapel hill and whatnot. It'd be nice to find some more folks to run with, or at least find some good bar spot or somethin to meet like minded folk. Where's the place to be around here? I'm thinkin bout maybe tryin to do this antiseen show in Charlotte, anybody from over this way headed there tomorrow?

I'm in Charlotte, and anyone that's into Antiseen and rides is alright in my book. I might make the show, taking the family to "Wheels of Time" in Maggie Vally. Also, we've got a camping trip to Hot Springs planned for Aug 25th with some of the QCA guys and you'd be welcome to join the slow group (believe me, you don't want the fast group) . Hit me up.

sam13
08-14-2012, 12:19 PM
starting a build after I get back from deployment, anybody know any good shops in NC that would be able to help with it?

brach77
08-14-2012, 12:36 PM
What part of the state?

JohnnyRainbow
08-14-2012, 1:17 PM
What part of the state?

Since he's deployed, probably Fayetteville.

And sorry, I don't know of any shops out East. But see if you can talk to some of the guys in the Devils Brigade car club. They're at Bragg and into bikes too.

sam13
08-15-2012, 10:32 PM
ok just realized my post got moved to this forum. Im out of Goldsboro, Im Airforce. Havent been in the area long so my contacts are slim to none.

brach77
08-16-2012, 5:51 AM
http://torchscustomfab.home.coastalnet.com/
he is in Jacksonville.

Jetblack
08-22-2012, 3:59 AM
Antiseen really? Man I'd have figured they'd have went the way of GG Allin. I saw them about 20 years ago with some band called Brickbat opening up. I'm also surprised that dude has a face left, after all this time...he was non stop stabbing himself in the face with a shattered beer bottle all during that show.

I'm originally from Wilmington, we had a lot of good people in the scene then; great bands running through every week. I'd name drop some friends bands from then but the only one anyone has probably heard of is Helmet. But what the hell; Sour Vein, Buzz Oven, Billy Club Fest, Weedeater, Blatzbox, The Amateurs.

Thanks for the :kill: to my :asshat: from those days...I'm in Crumbleya, South Cack right now. As soon as I get my current build done, I'd be down to hook up with some touring up that way, for shows, camping, dive bars, whatever.

JukeJointGypsy
10-31-2012, 8:03 PM
Pinehurst here. Anybody wanna ride or work on some shit on the weekends hit me up. I like wrenching as much as riding.

3rdDegree
02-19-2013, 11:11 AM
Surf Club is hosting a bike night for choppers/bobbers and cafe's. Pretty good group. If you want more info on it look under events and it is posted there. Next one is February 22 and then every other Friday following that.

bombfreeind23
02-24-2013, 8:15 PM
Im out of sanford. Work at Ray Price. We are starting a bike night in the raleigh area this summer. Would love to have some chopper people support. Me and my pop have been buildin sleds and doin sheet metal fab out of the shop for a couple years now. Tryin to get a cone shovel build going for the smokeout. Any like minded folks hit me up.

SinisterRouge
02-24-2013, 9:04 PM
im moving from charlotte NC to greensboro in a couple of months. actually just bought a house there. i will also be spending alot of time in chapel hill in a couple years when i change colleges to start masters and PHD work. ive been looking for some folks up that way for a few months to ride with without any luck. feel free (anyone in the area) to hit me up with a PM.

SinisterRouge
02-24-2013, 9:06 PM
I've been in Charlotte for a few weeks and staying perm. Haven't had time to do shit, but my bike is here. Anyone hook me up with some local knowledge?

Pinky's westside grill bike night is the shit.

NoGent
04-05-2013, 10:33 AM
Hey ya I'm in fayetteville somebody please god tell me where there's some bike nights or if anyone wants to ride I never see anything but guys on sport bikes out here.

dazed84
05-01-2013, 5:00 PM
Hey ya I'm in fayetteville somebody please god tell me where there's some bike nights or if anyone wants to ride I never see anything but guys on sport bikes out here.

yo cruise it down to Wilmington ,you,ll be glad you did,,33rs are in force there

PurpleStuff
05-02-2013, 11:25 AM
I'm here in Fuquay. Majority of my buddies have street bikes so riding my bike with them isn't always that fun.

Clyde666
05-18-2013, 5:05 PM
IM in carrboro

Mutiny
05-21-2013, 9:09 AM

here in Fayetteville as well. Ray Price of Fayetteville is having a bike night tonight at Hooters...Great place to meet up plan some rides. we usually throw together quite a few rides out of Fayetteville through out the season. Never a dull moment.

lxlmariuslxl
06-20-2014, 5:02 PM
Here in wake forest, always down for anything car/bike related

3rdDegree
07-10-2014, 7:43 AM
Surf Club in Durham NC July 11th 7p-whenever. Good mix of bikes. Stocks, chops and café. 20-30 bikes when the weather is good. Fenced lot for bikes only and the beer is always ice cold.

83hdchopper
07-27-2014, 4:38 PM
Moved back to Raleigh a few months ago anybody on this thread still around the area?

leston
08-13-2014, 12:46 PM
Moving to Raleigh in 6 weeks. Any events in the area this fall? or people that meet up to ride?

Daddo
10-03-2014, 1:28 PM
Im in Chapel Hill

goofyfoot2001
10-03-2014, 2:46 PM
Just south of Charlotte if you're coming west.

williej87
10-19-2015, 4:28 PM
out in rocky mount, about 45 min east of raleigh. Some decent backroads in between here and there

1down3up
03-29-2016, 8:52 AM
I am in the fayetteville area.

Grimm90
04-03-2016, 6:31 PM
Im in winston . Dont really know anybody to ride with around here

thatdamnoakley
04-11-2016, 3:24 AM
Fayetteville/eastover area here. Nothing but street bikes out here and that ain't my scene, more of a jap bobber/cafe guy. I don't care what you ride as long as youre not a HD purist dick (no offense to HD guys). If there's any good rides coming up or whatever, I'm in.

ZKT
09-13-2017, 10:56 AM
I live in Fayette-nam. Anyone know of a good shop that does custom wiring?

horseshoe
09-25-2017, 12:29 PM
I'm in Creedmoor.

StrawBerry
11-22-2017, 10:39 AM
New guy in Durham here, if this thread aint dead. I'm in grad school so I don't ride as much for pleasure these days; but I commute every day on a bike older than me (if it runs that morning...)

BadMonkeyMW
11-26-2017, 7:57 AM
Im in winston . Dont really know anybody to ride with around here

I'm in High Point, moving to the Winston area when we buy a house next year.

SportsterShit
11-10-2018, 4:40 PM
Fayetteville here, I'm down to drink beer, wrench shit, ride, bar hop, love raising hell and I have a garage so I'm not standing in the rain working on my shit lol