PDA

View Full Version : short shocks for an 83 shadow.

rus
11-05-2009, 9:42 PM
looking for some shorter shocks for an 83 shadow.
i know no one makes anything specific for em, just wondering if anyone knows of something that will work. i dont remember how long the stocks are, but i'd like to drop em 2 inches or so at least.
im light (170) and no passengers, so im not too worried about weight and rubbing.

any ideas?
thanks

lobstermobster
11-05-2009, 10:53 PM
Licks Cycles has 10" short shocks. I think they are for a sportster but im sure you could make it work.

rus
11-06-2009, 9:26 AM
those are nice, but i dont think the bike is worth dropping $200 on right now. was hoping there was something old/used i could ebay. i think rebel shocks are about 10", might look into those.
thanks.

lobstermobster
11-08-2009, 2:05 AM
those are nice, but i dont think the bike is worth dropping $200 on right now. was hoping there was something old/used i could ebay. i think rebel shocks are about 10", might look into those.
thanks.

I hear you on the 200 bones. But my dad sent me a list not to long ago with bikes with shorter shocks, because i was going to try and rig something up on my kz.
and on that list was 88-98 Honda VLX 600 which i think is a shadow model if im not correct. Those shocks are supposed to be 10inches. check it out.

rus
11-08-2009, 10:38 PM
thanks.

hengky78
11-21-2012, 11:03 AM
looking for some shorter shocks for an 83 shadow.
i know no one makes anything specific for em, just wondering if anyone knows of something that will work. i dont remember how long the stocks are, but i'd like to drop em 2 inches or so at least.
im light (170) and no passengers, so im not too worried about weight and rubbing.

any ideas?
thanks

I think you can loosing clamp on triple tree than push the front fork through around 3-4 cm . it make automatically whole frame down. I tried on my 83 shadow and the bike more easier to control .

I push front shock 4 cm than lower the rear shock around 3 cm
http://i669.photobucket.com/albums/vv54/hengkychrist/latest%20progress/Image002-1.jpg