PDA

View Full Version : simple handlebar controls ?

northlandak
10-29-2009, 10:25 PM
Anyone know of a place to get SIMPLE hand controls for my xl project ? i need a master cylinder for dual disk with no switches ( not running wires to handlebars) and a clutch lever.....sounds easy enough - but everythin i find has big switch boxes OR is $400 ....... not looking for billet - just some simple controls that match ..............

kingdeadbeat
10-29-2009, 10:42 PM
Fab Kevin takes metric res. and bores em out to 1" for your bars.You can shave down the stock clutch mount right.the switches are seperate ?????????

northlandak
10-29-2009, 10:48 PM
well - the ones i'm using have some bulky (broken ) switch boxes - i took em off and am just running my levers - but they are long and goofy for cleaned up bars , with a big gap between grips and levers (where the swithes would have been ) i dont know if im explainin it right - someone put some silly bulky ass controls on this thing - i know the clutch lever is easy enough to get - but the hard part is a simple master cylinder for my front brake

svwannabe
10-30-2009, 4:08 PM
The master cylinder isnt that big of a deal, like kingdeadbeat said just pick up a cheap jap master cylinder and bore it to 1" for the handle bars. Those master cylinders typically push dual calipers on most sport bikes so it should be enough for your bike. I ditched all my switches but still running the stock xl m/c with a new cheapy throttle tube and it doesnt look bad, there is a thread on here about simple levers and someone posted a picture of stock xl controls just shaved down and they look decent.