PDA

View Full Version : If you're really me, what number am I thinking of? 69 dude!!!!

born2boogie
10-28-2009, 7:52 PM
PIcked up a 69 CB450, Monday, on the cheap. It's pretty clean considering it just turned 40 this month. Pretty much just a motor in a roller with everything else in a big ass Rubbermaid container. Needs neck bearings, battery, chain, wired up, n a few other odds n ends such as one of them bolt kits on ebay since those old ass bolts n screws are stripped, rusted, n all around fucked. Once the bitch is runnin, I'll start with the changin shit up. Keepin it simple. Shorter shocks, stubby rear fender, smaller tank, narrow bars, n whatever else. Nothing about this bike is gonna happen fast.

Nevermind that I have 2 kickstands n a sawed off broomstick for bars. That's just how us master fabricators do shit.

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l89/panthercreek/bike.jpg

JayTucc
10-30-2009, 7:46 PM
Dig the bars man!
Bike is a great canvas to start with. Keep us posted on the progress.

rusjack
10-30-2009, 9:06 PM
please dont paint that tank!

born2boogie
10-31-2009, 6:38 AM
please dont paint that tank!

It's not really blue. It's a badass teal color. I was gonna trim it up n keep it the same color, but I think I'm gonna just get a different one.

MB
10-31-2009, 7:39 AM
Hmmm - if anyones got one of those front drums, I want it!
PM me if you have one you don't want/need.
Cheers
Matt

matt289
11-02-2009, 3:14 PM
SCORE!,
Nice find there. Please whatever you do don't screw up that tank. That's a 2 year only 68-69 tank and they are getting harder to find. The early tanks had a screw on removable cap rather then the flip style that came later. Also the second gold stripe on the bottom wasn't a factory paint job, but the top one is correct. Still have the side covers for it? Eghey the tank and covers and have some spare money to boot for your project.
Just my 2 cents
Good Luck
Matt

born2boogie
11-02-2009, 5:48 PM
SCORE!,
Nice find there. Please whatever you do don't screw up that tank. That's a 2 year only 68-69 tank and they are getting harder to find. The early tanks had a screw on removable cap rather then the flip style that came later. Also the second gold stripe on the bottom wasn't a factory paint job, but the top one is correct. Still have the side covers for it? Eghey the tank and covers and have some spare money to boot for your project.
Just my 2 cents
Good Luck
Matt

The bottom stripe is only masking tape so no worries there. It has a 7" dent running lengthwise down the other side on the stripe but the paint didn't crack from it or anything. Might have to sell that thing. No side covers. The guy said the mufflers were off of a black bomber but I dunno.

dirtyd
11-05-2009, 10:04 AM
MB I got the drum set up you are talking about. Born to boogie let me know if you want to sell the tank . Also if you may need some parts I have a 70 that I started to work on but the gal that I was gonna build it for flaked. So it kinda died in the water. good parts and such on it though.

born2boogie
11-05-2009, 3:52 PM
MB I got the drum set up you are talking about. Born to boogie let me know if you want to sell the tank . Also if you may need some parts I have a 70 that I started to work on but the gal that I was gonna build it for flaked. So it kinda died in the water. good parts and such on it though.

Most of the stuff I got is in pretty good shape. The odo only read 6,7XX when I picked it up. PM with an offer on the tank. I kinda like it so I'm not sure if I wanna sell it.

born2boogie
11-13-2009, 5:07 PM
Picked up a new tank on the Bay n it came in yesterday. The seat rails get in the way, so since I'd have to cut the rails anyway, I've decided to hardtail the fucker. Slow happenings but whatever. The GA winter is creepin in n I got time.

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l89/panthercreek/newtank1.jpg

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l89/panthercreek/newtank2.jpg