PDA

View Full Version : "Fishing for friends/points?"

drucifer
10-27-2009, 10:03 PM
I've gotten a bunch of "friend" requests from people that have no idea who I am and are just looking for points for free stuff. I'm all for being "friends" with someone but at least try and be interested in the person for more than just points. I'm guessing it's happening all over here? Just ranting.

CHEN
10-27-2009, 10:15 PM
oOoohhhhh so thats why people wanna be my friend.....shit

Max
10-27-2009, 10:19 PM
The points you have to achieve to actually get something is such a high number. You can easily post pictures to get points, comment on polls to get points, make threads etc etc..This ChopCult community is made for all of us to become friends, why not add people.. why not get to know people across the world that share the same interests.

drucifer
10-27-2009, 10:22 PM
I hear what you're saying max but at the very least people could comment about something on my profile instead of just adding without saying a thing.

imtheslime
10-27-2009, 10:29 PM
Just reject them, or you could add them as a "whipping boy".

Max
10-27-2009, 10:40 PM
I hear what you're saying max but at the very least people could comment about something on my profile instead of just adding without saying a thing.

Yes i agree on that drucifer

JohnnyWolf
10-27-2009, 10:49 PM
I believe they only get 1 point per add...when soneone req an add, ask them why first.

drucifer
10-28-2009, 10:32 AM
I like the whipping boy option. Thats good.

jakazz
10-28-2009, 4:58 PM
Yeah I was kinda wondering the same thing, I dont have alot of posts so I didnt think alot about it.........AND I DIDNT KNOW ANYBODY WAS GIVING AWAY FREE SWAG... I just come here for the innovative ideas, tech, and cool bikes.... its an awesome site with great people here....DOES KISSING UP GET ME ANYTHING?

this part is true though: I just come here for the innovative ideas, tech, and cool bikes....

inxs
10-28-2009, 6:08 PM
Fuck!
And I thought people just thought I was cool?

DaddysDevil666
10-28-2009, 6:16 PM
Actually, I thought it would be cool to meet new people who are into bikes and be able to meet up with some of ya if I ever get out your way. (damn it! It will happen!)

I always say... you can never have enough friends and good times. I've had a lot of really great conversations with some of you that I've never met.

jamesgs4
10-28-2009, 6:35 PM
Actually, I thought it would be cool to meet new people who are into bikes and be able to meet up with some of ya if I ever get out your way. (damn it! It will happen!)

I always say... you can never have enough friends and good times. I've had a lot of really great conversations with some of you that I've never met.

lol nice first post, it only took 3 months, and 211 friends later

DaddysDevil666
10-28-2009, 6:45 PM
lol nice first post, it only took 3 months

I've been readin the forums, just haven't had the nerve to post anything. I am still learning about bikes. I ride them and have always been into them, just need to know more before I say anything about them. Which is what I'm trying to do and why I'm here. I'd have to say that this is a pretty good way to do so. You learn from the guys that are actually building them.

jamesgs4
10-28-2009, 6:51 PM
lol im not hatin on ya jus pokin fun

DaddysDevil666
10-28-2009, 6:54 PM
lol im not hatin on ya jus pokin fun

No worries. Besides... you're one of my friends... hahahaha!

junkyard2
10-28-2009, 7:45 PM
thats funny

jamesgs4
10-28-2009, 8:09 PM
No worries. Besides... you're one of my friends... hahahaha!

yeah i know lol

DaddysDevil666
10-28-2009, 8:15 PM
yeah i know lol

See... you just couldn't resist the "ryde Bykes" undies on my head... could ya!

mplsdave
10-28-2009, 8:34 PM
some of us have to get friends where we can! will you be my friend, chop cult?

DaddysDevil666
10-28-2009, 9:02 PM
some of us have to get friends where we can! will you be my friend, chop cult?

Aaaaawwwweeeeee!

Halwade
10-28-2009, 9:12 PM
I think ALL you fuckers are cool, and I'd like to be friends with every one of you.

If creeps are adding friends to score miles is bumming you out, simply bulk reject them in the approval interface.

Some of the programming on this system is out of our hands, and "friend adds" happen to be one of them.

We're always working on it, however, and most of the people on here seem to be doing their thing for all the right reasons.

I'm gonna move this to the Junk Pile now (no offense, but it's ain't really about motorcycles, so that's where we'll send it to die)

love peace and hair grease,

mcGoo

onigoroshi
10-29-2009, 12:55 AM
there needs to be a permanent reject. i keep rejecting friend requests and the same people keep sending them over and over. give up fuckers!

spindle
10-29-2009, 3:14 AM
1 point

spindle
10-29-2009, 3:14 AM
2 points

spindle
10-29-2009, 3:15 AM
3 points, i'll soon have a free t shirt, ha ha

imtheslime
10-29-2009, 7:58 AM

That's what sold me......

Bet your ass, If I end up in dire straights close to any of my "friends"(that I have never met),
I'm going to load your box full of pm's until I get some assistance, and I expect the same.

joshb
10-29-2009, 6:01 PM
i just wanna go fishing WITH friends.

i don't mid people adding me or whatever. you can meet some cool folks in the weirdest of ways

junkyard2
11-02-2009, 4:40 PM

i just noticed those..last time a had undies on my head it was a very fun night damn you jack damn you

Toecutterp
11-16-2009, 5:46 PM
Whats up points

Toecutterp
11-16-2009, 5:47 PM
going 4 200

Toecutterp
11-16-2009, 5:48 PM
i mean miles;)

Toecutterp
11-16-2009, 7:36 PM
going 4 200

revmike
11-23-2009, 4:22 PM
I'd go with the "ask why" response, and the "You make friends in the weirdest ways"

Couple things,

I ask to add friends with people that are fairly local to me, I don't always say anything.

I add people who obviously are into the same shit as I am - again sometimes I don't point that out, I can let them decide.

I add people who I want to get to know better and who are already well known. I don't think I need to cup someone's balls or polish their knob. They know they are looked up to in the community, it is a way to approach them. Sometimes slobbering on someone is worse than just a cold friend invite.

I'm not offended if you reject me. Of course when I'm cool and famous don't come sucking up to me to be my friend. LOL

Also, it's nice when you're new to have some people welcome you. I've already grown some acquaintances from that and I am grateful for the approach.

Oh and you get points er... miles... for cool stuff....

Who cares, I can buy stuff if I want it. Besides half the shit they would give you for free if you asked. Well, maybe not helmets and bars, but you know, the cool trinkets....

K, I should get a per word mileage rating...

Friends = part of the fun. If you dont want one, dont accept one..... karma goes around..

Love

~Rev Mike