PDA

View Full Version : CHOPCULT vs. HD forums

donhd
10-23-2009, 9:37 AM
Why am I starting this? we don't use walkers and wheel chairs!!! there is no comparison

Although I did figure out by visiting this site how Harley can boost the sales of most of (not all of) their bikes. Just add a bracket for a folding wheel chair or walker and post it on that site and sales will go through the roof.

CHOPCULT FUCKIN RULES I HAVE FINALLY FOUND A HOME.

billdozer
10-23-2009, 11:45 AM
Welcome Don, glad you dig it. This place will be what we all collectively make it.

You'll note I'm moving your thread to the Junk Pile. Not to be a dick, but just to try and keep the main page dedicated to motorcycle related topics and the "CHOPCULT vs all kinds of other shit" thing has already been hammered quite a bit over the last few weeks, so we'll leave it at that.

Enjoy!

donhd
10-25-2009, 8:58 AM
Perfectly understand. I noticed that there were no responses anyway.
thanks

northeasteric
10-29-2009, 10:42 PM
with the exception of 12ozprophet.com, chopcult kills everything in it's path.

Richard
11-02-2009, 6:45 AM
Why am I starting this? we don't use walkers and wheel chairs!!! there is no comparison

Although I did figure out by visiting this site how Harley can boost the sales of most of (not all of) their bikes. Just add a bracket for a folding wheel chair or walker and post it on that site and sales will go through the roof.

CHOPCULT FUCKIN RULES I HAVE FINALLY FOUND A HOME.
I'm surprised that the motor company hasn't come out with a Depends line to boost sales. R

oldmansporty63
03-13-2011, 2:50 PM
with the moco changing thier bikes (dark customs) and thier apparel ($60 plaid shirts) you can sure as hell bank on them starting a website for all thier RUBS so they can compare chrome accessories...mark my words.

Fredo
03-14-2011, 11:23 AM
Someday everyone of you fuckers will be old. Until then you're just a bunch of kids doing what has already been done. The sad part is you think you're the first to hate on your elders.

drumballer
03-14-2011, 11:38 AM
Someday everyone of you fuckers will be old. Until then you're just a bunch of kids doing what has already been done. The sad part is you think you're the first to hate on your elders.

Wise words! I have been seeing a lot of this type of BS lately. Don't get me wrong as I love CC but the attitude of many of the peole on here is getting pretty ridiculous. Damn scenesters anyways! I'm just gonna keep building what I think is cool and if you got good workmanship and trick stuff on your flaked out springer ironhead that actually looks just like the ones my dad and his buddies rode back in the day I'll let ya know it's badass. However your upturned hat with skinny jeans, flannel, and Vans will be subject to ridicule!:cheersmate:

Bret
03-17-2011, 4:16 PM
Why am I starting this? we don't use walkers and wheel chairs!!! CHOPCULT FUCKIN RULES I HAVE FINALLY FOUND A HOME.

Hey, wait a minute! Up until three weeks ago I WAS using a walker. Graduated to a cane now. Hopefully in a month I'l ditch it and won't need to bungie it on my bike. BTW I'm 43.

Welcome aboard!

rustrocket84
03-17-2011, 5:12 PM
I"m 33 and using a walker right now. Hopefully for not more than a week or so. I can walk without it, but it's seriously slow going.

Bret
03-17-2011, 5:47 PM
I"m 33 and using a walker right now. Hopefully for not more than a week or so. I can walk without it, but it's seriously slow going.

That's right, I forgot you had knee surgery. Take it easy and don't push it. You wanna be set for EDR. You doing physical therapy?

rus
03-17-2011, 6:06 PM
anytime ive asked for advice or help in any HD forum, dudes have bent over backwards to help me.
dudes have taken parts off their bike and take photos just to show me mounting brackets, even though i didnt ask.
maybe some are 'RUBS" (the use of which personally i think makes the speaker sound far fucking dumber than anyone he's attempting to insult) but from my limited experience all they've cared about is helping other people who were into bikes, no matter their experience or 'cool' level. people here claim to care about riding more than anything else, yet half the conversation here is drama queen bullshit/bikering/high school insults. a pissing match to prove who is more 'down'. laughable.

dont get me wrong, i like this forum, or more specifically the site. it's got tons of good content and some very cool bikes and people, but it's also got 100x's more attitude than ive ever seen at xlforum or any other hd forum ive checked out. on a personal level i feel i have more in common with dudes here, but that's because i'm kind of an asshole so i can relate. i dont think everyone needs to be nice all the time. not everyone should be coddled. but if you're doing it just to prove how real you are.... well you kinda just lost.

(not directed at anyone, just observations).

cntrhub
03-17-2011, 6:25 PM
fucking depends flapping between your legs. I'm not saying some of you wear any, but you drama queens is I look for you faggots so I can keep the theater open. You start it... I'll end it.

Because here, we ride better than we wrench. Wear a depends prouder than any other wannabe biker with tiewanted parts anshit.

Tell me I ain't cool. I've been banned from that fag poise station called a harley webiste? I've seen better shit behind a mule's ass.

rustrocket84
03-17-2011, 6:52 PM
Bret, therapy starts a week from Monday. Just cold therapy right now and bending and straightening my knees as much as possible to try and keep them loose. It's harder to straigthen them then it is to bend them.

And I've had shitty luck dealing with people from HD forums. 98% of those guys are so sold on what the dealers tell them they don't know which way is up. I went onto those forums a long time ago and was looking for info on the gear drive cams for my Twinkie and they all said the same thing about having to go to a 95" kit and yadda yadda yadda. I changed the cams and love every change that I got from the change. I ride my bike harder than most of those douche nozzles would ever dream about riding.

xs650addiction
03-17-2011, 7:00 PM
i just had knee surgery and i am on the coach hoping it all went well .at least i can walk but it is slow going for sure. turtle status for sure ,,,,,,,HD well whatever floats your boat .xs650 for life .....

SeaChicken
03-20-2011, 11:24 AM
You can ride a long time with depends.

donhd
03-20-2011, 8:05 PM
You can ride a long time with depends.

depends on how long of a time you ride.

donhd
03-20-2011, 8:12 PM
anytime ive asked for advice or help in any HD forum, dudes have bent over backwards to help me.
dudes have taken parts off their bike and take photos just to show me mounting brackets, even though i didnt ask.
maybe some are 'RUBS" (the use of which personally i think makes the speaker sound far fucking dumber than anyone he's attempting to insult) but from my limited experience all they've cared about is helping other people who were into bikes, no matter their experience or 'cool' level. people here claim to care about riding more than anything else, yet half the conversation here is drama queen bullshit/bikering/high school insults. a pissing match to prove who is more 'down'. laughable.

dont get me wrong, i like this forum, or more specifically the site. it's got tons of good content and some very cool bikes and people, but it's also got 100x's more attitude than ive ever seen at xlforum or any other hd forum ive checked out. on a personal level i feel i have more in common with dudes here, but that's because i'm kind of an asshole so i can relate. i dont think everyone needs to be nice all the time. not everyone should be coddled. but if you're doing it just to prove how real you are.... well you kinda just lost.

(not directed at anyone, just observations).

IM the original poster and over there you would get a million old people saying how bad your attitude is and yet over here all i can say honestly is you have your opinion and you may be right on the majority of the people. but i have been registered over there for almost or a little over 2 years, hell it may be longer for all i know, but just as soon as a person post an opinion, a million old farts start to weigh in on how your wrong and why your wrong and telling me what im supposed to think and that all bikes are shit unless its a harley. Well first, no one tells me what im supposed to think and second i haven't had that yet on this forum. So im not saying i totallly disagree with you and im not saying that i do agree with you. just, to me, seem s like the guys and girls on chopcult have a more open mind and DON'T GIVE 2 SHITS WHAT YOU RIDE, AS LONG AS YOU RIDE.

cntrhub
03-21-2011, 1:55 AM
I cop an attitude just for those 'gotta run to the toilet' old farts. There is only one answer basically to the bike, right? Does a tire need air? No, it needs oil, you listen to some gray beard. And there you go. Just airing out our differences and keyboom, banned I match attitude or more, just ride your fucking bike you rude some of a flag get the fuck sit the fuck down!

There is some thread at another site, "hey man, were da old guard go?" and you know a lot left I show up hear their shit I make comment LOL

Just relax and make your point, then move on is what I say. But if you can't let it go, I'm the dog on the other tether pulling you in so you can take some of your own medicine without getting all upset someone pissed on your seat, you be running to the stool station again, yanking belt and yelling down the hall you just had to get involved in something you have no clue about and oopseas!

tokes61
03-21-2011, 2:08 AM
theres good an bad in both sites ,:cheersmate: just depends on which side of the fence your standing :cheersmate:.
just remember some of them old farts were punks befor most of the punks on here were born

billdozer
03-21-2011, 2:41 AM
theres good an bad in both sites ,:cheersmate: just depends on which side of the fence your standing :cheersmate:.
just remember some of them old farts were punks befor most of the punks on here were born

Perfectly stated. The sites and members are different. Enjoy one or both.

Enough on this subject I think.

Make this place better by posting tech instead of bitching about things we can't control.

paintsniffer
03-21-2011, 9:33 PM
Perfectly stated. The sites and members are different. Enjoy one or both.

Enough on this subject I think.

Make this place better by posting tech instead of bitching about things we can't control.

Word up

LivingCanvas
03-24-2011, 12:11 AM
Wise words! I have been seeing a lot of this type of BS lately. Don't get me wrong as I love CC but the attitude of many of the peole on here is getting pretty ridiculous. Damn scenesters anyways! I'm just gonna keep building what I think is cool and if you got good workmanship and trick stuff on your flaked out springer ironhead that actually looks just like the ones my dad and his buddies rode back in the day I'll let ya know it's badass. However your upturned hat with skinny jeans, flannel, and Vans will be subject to ridicule!:cheersmate:

Quoted for truth

bmxatv
03-31-2011, 10:42 AM
both places are really cool. i'm by no means an old biker from the past, nor do i try to be. i grew up on bmx bikes and rode them until a couple years ago when i blew out my acl. i just know what i like and that's it and don't care what anyone else thinks or says especially haters hiding behind keyboards that would never say shit to my face. other than atv forums in the past, that was the first forum i signed on to and have nothing but good things to say about it. yeah some people need to grow thicker skin but i can't be worried about those pussies there or here. if you post something on any board you must be able to except the good with the bad (period) and i've excepted it. 95% of the people on hdforums are really cool and helpful but just like anywhere else you have that 5% that thinks they are better than everyone, whatever. like billdozer said, lets worry about the things we can control rather than those we can't. just my two ass hairs.....

Skyhigh88
04-01-2011, 6:21 PM
with the exception of 12ozprophet.com, chopcult kills everything in it's path.

woostercollective used to be the jam when i was stuck working in a office...

cc for life though

cntrhub
04-05-2011, 10:56 AM
Perfectly stated...

And because I only deal in tech, someone comes UP against the shop man you will PAY! Suck your abstract right the fuck inn will it tear your eyes, say yes or no is it burned in stone.

I am the messenger is all that it comes down to are a shit load of variables and one is going to nail it not some cycle's world the way the world works is got snooze for you is leave you in a wake of tension... After all, it's not my bike that have a list of problems LOL!!!!!!!! :cool:

NO RETURN WASTING YOUR FUCKING [crybaby] MINUTES I have no control you've been warned :cheersmate:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkztW3yJhJ8

jwhite
04-05-2011, 10:59 AM
Chop Cult Vs. The Internet.

Discuss.

starwolf
04-05-2011, 6:36 PM
Chop Cult Vs. The Internet.

Discuss.

I would say Chop Cult, but owning a triple, I rely heavily on TOL ( Triples Online ), so, I have to say Internet , besides, if you didn't have Internet, you wouldn't have Chop Cult , would you ? Tho I do admit a great deal of my time is spent here , I find 10,000x more triple related stuff on TOL ,although that prolly has a lot to do w/ it being a triple specific site. I love this site just as much , maybe more, hmm I dont have any TOL patches on my vest , or stickers on my bike& truck , but I do have Chop Cult ones :D