PDA

View Full Version : Michigan riders

Garyc42660
07-14-2011, 6:45 PM
anyone from michigan or more specfic metro detroit area...My friends and I ride alot...always looking for new people to ride with and places to ride too...were actually going to ride down to toledo on 7/27/11 to headliners and end the night at scarletts. the best titty bar on a wednesday night...anyone want to join?

SuperP
07-14-2011, 7:07 PM
Crap, I am in for any other time. Can't make your Toledo ride.

Twinkies
07-14-2011, 7:11 PM
You guys still have a chain of "Beaners coffee" stores out there?

Being from southern CA, I thought the fact that detroit had a "mexican town" was funny until
I passed a Beaners coffee... I laughed for two days straight....

Too bad they dont have them out here... it would be a hit for sure!

Garyc42660
07-14-2011, 8:15 PM
You guys still have a chain of "Beaners coffee" stores out there?

Being from southern CA, I thought the fact that detroit had a "mexican town" was funny until
I passed a Beaners coffee... I laughed for two days straight....

Too bad they dont have them out here... it would be a hit for sure!

We actully did, but the changed the name to bigby coffee..it was beaners..haha

Garyc42660
07-14-2011, 8:16 PM
Crap, I am in for any other time. Can't make your Toledo ride.

That suck dude..i sent you a pm about tommorow night if your free

ironheadmikem
07-17-2011, 6:49 AM
I am near the Flint area...

Garyc42660
07-17-2011, 1:53 PM
I am near the Flint area...

right ion dude....heading out in about an hour to get some miles in

ironheadmikem
07-17-2011, 4:33 PM
So whens the CC Michigan Rally?

Garyc42660
07-17-2011, 7:17 PM
So whens the CC Michigan Rally?

thats actually a good idea...i know were going to toledo on the 27th to this huge "biker" bar then the titty bar after

bparsel
07-18-2011, 8:35 AM
I'm in the D. Out of all the great places you guys could ride to...........who picked fucking Toledo???

Garyc42660
07-18-2011, 8:49 AM
I'm in the D. Out of all the great places you guys could ride to...........who picked fucking Toledo???

We go everywhere..this past friday we went to port huron, then to girbralter and then to detroit...toledo is usually a once a month thing...this bar "headliners' is pretty cool...its fucking huge..you can ride litterly into the bar grab a beer and then park it..and usually the local"talent" from the 2 titty bars come down and have wet t-shirt contests.....just another place to ridde to for the night

bparsel
07-18-2011, 9:24 AM
Nice, sound like a good joint. The ride to Port Huron up the coast is one of my fav's. Its a great ride on super hot days cause its always about 10-15 degrees cooler.

Garyc42660
07-18-2011, 12:24 PM
Nice, sound like a good joint. The ride to Port Huron up the coast is one of my fav's. Its a great ride on super hot days cause its always about 10-15 degrees cooler.

Oh for sure, riding by the water when its this hot out makes a huge difference, less swamp ass

ironheadmikem
07-18-2011, 6:02 PM
So when the fuck we all gonna meet up in Port Huron and ride the Thumb Area? Anybody down? Meet up on a Sat or Sun and put some miles on

SuperP
07-18-2011, 7:00 PM
I'm in. Itchin to meet up....

junkyardjon
07-18-2011, 9:19 PM
well shit, sense i'm in marine city, i might be up for a ride.

side note... i hate port huron, nothing but a shit hole place. and yes i use to live there LOL

bparsel
07-19-2011, 7:03 AM
I'm down for a ride up the coast.

Agreed on Port Huron, there isnt a whole lot there. I always hit the brewery for some beers and food though when I ride up.

Garyc42660
07-19-2011, 9:39 AM
I'm down for a ride up the coast.

Agreed on Port Huron, there isnt a whole lot there. I always hit the brewery for some beers and food though when I ride up.

I go for the same when riding that ways

ironheadmikem
07-19-2011, 6:05 PM
Shoot for a day in August so we can spread the word? Sound good, Any suggestions...

SuperP
07-19-2011, 7:39 PM
What if we headed west for a short ride on back roads, maybe Milford? Another small town with a cool main street?

EricWoodward
07-19-2011, 7:57 PM
What if we headed west for a short ride on back roads, maybe Milford? Another small town with a cool main street?

I am right by Milford, on the east side of Brighton, love to go ridin once my bikes fixed.

On a side note, I am out of town until Sunday, but after that I'd like to pass the Chopcult biltwell lid on to someone. Anyone who wants in on the BOTTL adventure, let me know, maybe we can meet up next week.

Garyc42660
07-19-2011, 10:03 PM
I am right by Milford, on the east side of Brighton, love to go ridin once my bikes fixed.

On a side note, I am out of town until Sunday, but after that I'd like to pass the Chopcult biltwell lid on to someone. Anyone who wants in on the BOTTL adventure, let me know, maybe we can meet up next week.

im in for that

bparsel
07-20-2011, 8:52 AM
Let me kick this idea out to you guys. If we're interested in setting something up to head West ........what about doing a meet-up at The South Lyon Hotel, very biker friendly. From there we can ride nice backroads all the way across through Ann Arbor and as far as Jackson through the Irish Hills.

Some nice riding through the lakes out there on rural windy 2 lanes and could make for a nice day trip. Just an idea.

But then again I'm gonna be on an Evo bagger right now so you guys may ban me from riding with ya anywhoo!!

SuperP
07-20-2011, 12:58 PM
Maybe a loop...to South Lyon, then to up Milford and back East by the lakes.

Not sure how mine will hold up. Only miles will tell. Backroads are good for me, My 4spd is tops at about 70-72mph.

I won't make fun of your evo, It is reliable.

Garyc42660
07-20-2011, 2:03 PM
Maybe a loop...to South Lyon, then to up Milford and back East by the lakes.

Not sure how mine will hold up. Only miles will tell. Backroads are good for me, My 4spd is tops at about 70-72mph.

I won't make fun of your evo, It is reliable.

I cant make fun of the evo either considering im riding a twin cam and the shovel is not done yet cause my garage is a million degrees and I lasted like an hour in there yesterday..prob lost about 20lbs from the heat

ironheadmikem
07-20-2011, 3:05 PM
Milford, south lyon, im down. as far as the lid, My brother just handed it off to ya Eric... I'd love to put some miles on with it as well. Sounds like we got a good thing going as far as a ride. When you guys wanna DO THIS? Irish Hills woud be a bad ass trip. I am saying pick a weekend in August so everyone can spread the word, The more the merrier. I personally dont giva shit if your riding a pink moped.
Somebody wanna throw a date out and we can pick a place to meet up?

SuperP
07-20-2011, 3:32 PM
I am good for anything except the 20-21st. I have a buddy (ChopCult too) coming into town and he's not bringing a bike with him. Unless we can find another bike.

honchop1
07-20-2011, 3:44 PM
I'm down with all this so count me in. Living in Port Huron Now and coming from Flint Town the armpit shit hole of Michigan its pretty nice over here. Just my opinion. As far as the Evo Bagger Im right there with ya man wouldnt trade it.

SuperP
07-20-2011, 6:27 PM
So, South Lyon has the hotel. Milford has O'Callaghans, what would be next on the way back East? Maybe reverse the route and find somewhere on the way back from S Lyon? Royal Oak?

Garyc42660
07-20-2011, 7:39 PM
So, South Lyon has the hotel. Milford has O'Callaghans, what would be next on the way back East? Maybe reverse the route and find somewhere on the way back from S Lyon? Royal Oak?

do not go into roayl oak, cops are pricks there to "bikers" which is funny because city has 2 bike nights but the cops tag bikers all the time when they leave the city..

SuperP
07-20-2011, 7:50 PM
do not go into roayl oak, cops are pricks there to "bikers" which is funny because city has 2 bike nights but the cops tag bikers all the time when they leave the city..

Cool, good tip, Where else?

Garyc42660
07-20-2011, 8:22 PM
we could always head into detroit, theres the stone house on state fair and woodward..it use to be capones hideout and brothel and the purple gangs place...now its a biker bar in a neighborhood..there the old miami downtown, a veterans biker bar...corktown, mexicantown...

bparsel
07-21-2011, 6:38 AM
Agreed on Royal Oak. It blows, I got popped for loud pipes and a buddy got a helmet ticket a few years ago. That and RO is mainly douchebags.

Some of my favorite little ride destinations around:

Clarkston Union
Oxford Tap
Otooles in Waterford
Lakeville Inn

I usually stay pretty rural, but Corktown and Mexicantown would both be pretty badass-love those places. Running up the river from there we could head all the way to St. Clair Shores and hit someplace like Jacks right on the water. A whole lotta options, sounds like we're gonna need to plan a few rides!

SuperP
07-21-2011, 7:24 AM
I think we should plan separate rides for North, South, East and West. Just my .02.

For a West ride, we could do S Lyon, Milford, up to Waterford.
North ride, up to Oxford over to Romeo and back down, maybe somewhere else.
East ride along St Clair Shores, etc..

I am still trying to work out bugs in my bike, I don't want to sign up for a 150+mi trip and have you guys waiting for me on the side of the road if something happens. That is why I keep looking at smaller loops and off the interstates. Never know how it will go.

ironheadmikem
07-21-2011, 12:08 PM
Agreed on Royal Oak. It blows, I got popped for loud pipes and a buddy got a helmet ticket a few years ago. That and RO is mainly douchebags.

Some of my favorite little ride destinations around:

Clarkston Union
Oxford Tap
Otooles in Waterford
Lakeville Inn

I usually stay pretty rural, but Corktown and Mexicantown would both be pretty badass-love those places. Running up the river from there we could head all the way to St. Clair Shores and hit someplace like Jacks right on the water. A whole lotta options, sounds like we're gonna need to plan a few rides!

Clarkston Union
Oxford Tap
Otooles in Waterford
Lakeville Inn

These are all real cose to where I reside, keep going north on m15 at the carkston union and you'll run into Goodrich...

ironheadmikem
07-21-2011, 12:19 PM
Meet up at Mcdonalds on M-59 and Airport rd in Waterford MI 10 A.M. grab bag of some greasy shit to fill the hole then it's on, Who's got the next destination from there? Tell your friends, bring your mom, :D

SuperP
07-21-2011, 12:45 PM
I'm in. We could take the North route through Oxford, Romeo, or whatever...Or South route by Milford, S Lyon. Oxford has a bar, Romeo has a bar.
I am still new to the area, only been to Romeo and Milford. Don't know what else is cool out there.

ironheadmikem
07-21-2011, 12:55 PM
I'm in. We could take the North route through Oxford, Romeo, or whatever...Or South route by Milford, S Lyon. Oxford has a bar, Romeo has a bar.
I am still new to the area, only been to Romeo and Milford. Don't know what else is cool out there.

Have at it Super P wich way you want to go?

Chris300s
07-21-2011, 1:34 PM
Clarkston Union
Oxford Tap
Otooles in Waterford
Lakeville Inn

These are all real cose to where I reside, keep going north on m15 at the carkston union and you'll run into Goodrich...

Ha! I just went to my neice's graduation at goodrich HS! My brother and I rode out, had breakfast at the Union and a couple of pops. They made us stand in the back of the auditorium.
Would love to join you guys but I'm in the UK 'til Sept.

Chris

SuperP
07-21-2011, 6:18 PM
Welp, considering I don't know too much more about the area, I would say Waterford, to Clarkston, to Oxford, to Romeo and back to utica somewhere for a final stop and drink and some bullshittin. It would be about 60miles.
If there is a detour you all can think of or more miles to add let me know. We could stop off in Oxford at the bar mentioned before, and find one at the end.

livingdeadmc
07-21-2011, 6:37 PM
Bout six of us in lansing that are down for whatever...

SuperP
07-21-2011, 6:52 PM
Bout six of us in lansing that are down for whatever...

You guys able to head this way? Maybe we can push west and meet up.

StillIll
07-21-2011, 7:01 PM
I always like the 23 > M-50 ride out to Tecumseh. Or Michigan Ave to Jackson,MI.

Garyc42660
07-21-2011, 7:19 PM
I wish ic ould, but have a 16 hr shift at work

Garyc42660
07-21-2011, 7:26 PM
anyone up for the ride my crew is doing the 27th, usually you'll prob need pert of the next day off cause we tend to stay out late

SuperP
07-21-2011, 7:56 PM
anyone up for the ride my crew is doing the 27th, usually you'll prob need pert of the next day off cause we tend to stay out late

I can't make it on a weeknight. Sounds like fun though.

Garyc42660
07-21-2011, 8:49 PM
You have to one time, its well worth the ride down..its a fun time

bparsel
07-22-2011, 7:01 AM
Welp, considering I don't know too much more about the area, I would say Waterford, to Clarkston, to Oxford, to Romeo and back to utica somewhere for a final stop and drink and some bullshittin. It would be about 60miles.
If there is a detour you all can think of or more miles to add let me know. We could stop off in Oxford at the bar mentioned before, and find one at the end.

I can do August August 7th. So, Ill throw this out:

Meet in Waterford per Ironheads suggestion:

Waterford backroads to Clarkston

Clarkston to Oxford (Stop @ Oxford tap)

From Oxford we head North and catch the turn east on Dryden Rd.

Dryden to Rochester Rd South (this takes us back down past Lakeville Lake for a stop at The Lakeville Inn.

From there we head south on Rochester and can either head east on 32 Mile road (Romeo Rd)out towards Romeo, or if need be can head back West if Super P's bike is hating on us.

Alright - Someone else take the route if we wanna head east cause honestly, even though I live in Rochester I dont really know the Romeo area.

SuperP
07-22-2011, 8:24 AM
Sounds good to me. From Romeo, we can ride VanDyke South, or any other road if there is a better one. We can readjust while on a rest break.

Garyc42660
07-22-2011, 12:27 PM

Dryden to Rochester Rd South (this takes us back down past Lakeville Lake for a stop at The Lakeville Inn.

From there we head south on Rochester and can either head east on 32 Mile road (Romeo Rd)out towards Romeo, or if need be can head back West if Super P's bike is hating on us.

Alright - Someone else take the route if we wanna head east cause honestly, even though I live in Rochester I dont really know the Romeo area.

thats a nice route..you should goto the kit kat club on 25 and romeo plank..it looks like a glorified trailer, but its a cool bar with the best ribs on the eastside...depending on how long you want to ride you should shoot down to jefferson and head into the city to belle isle...the ride down has nice view of the water and thses crazy nice homes...stop by a liquor store near the city pick up some beers to throw into the saddle bags and head into belle isle opr a brown bag liquid lunch/pre-dinner to end it

ohcmike
07-22-2011, 12:48 PM
I'd like to be in on that! I mentioned it on the original post. My bikes almost finished, im waiting on hearing back from a elec. repair place to see if my component is fried or not. If its fucked so am I! Im in Flint btw. Anyone going to see The Sword tonight?

ironheadmikem
07-22-2011, 2:08 PM

From there we head south on Rochester and can either head east on 32 Mile road (Romeo Rd)out towards Romeo, or if need be can head back West if Super P's bike is hating on

Im down with this, like Super P mentioned we can change it up if need be on the fly

ironheadmikem
07-24-2011, 4:26 AM
Meet up at Mcdonalds on M-59 and Airport rd in Waterford MI 10 A.M. grab bag of some greasy shit to fill the hole then it's on, Who's got the next destination from there? Tell your friends, bring your mom, :D

Just curious if the word is out...

SuperP
07-24-2011, 4:44 AM
I count 5 confirmed-
ironheadmike
me
Bparsel
Honchop1
harleybill1970

Tentative-
ohcmike
ericwoodward
6 from Lansing
2011FXDWG

2011FXDWG
07-24-2011, 1:16 PM
I'm way up north in Traverse City(where the best riding roads are!), but I'm always up for a trip. Put me down as a "maybe"!!!

Garyc42660
07-25-2011, 10:50 AM
anyone ride on the weekdays

ironheadmikem
07-25-2011, 4:00 PM
I do but not very late since I gotta be up for work, I usually stay pretty local on the weekdays

harleybill1970
07-25-2011, 6:35 PM
hay aug.7 im in. live in utica and know all those places be good ride

ironheadmikem
07-25-2011, 6:59 PM
Keep spreadin the word

2011FXDWG
07-25-2011, 11:01 PM
anyone ride on the weekdays

I've only got two wheels, so yeah!!! Too bad here is nobody but old people on baggers up here :/

bparsel
07-26-2011, 7:52 AM
I've only got two wheels, so yeah!!! Too bad here is nobody but old people on baggers up here :/

TC right? Im originally from Charlevoix. No better riding in the Country than the west coast of MI.

2011FXDWG
07-26-2011, 9:22 AM
Yep, TC. I'm still blown away that there are so few people on these amazing roads! When I go for rides I'm all by myself with almost no other vehicles on the road. Need to do a fall classic up here. Ride M22, Tunnel of Trees, the Mac bridge and back. When the leaves are changing this place makes Vermont look like shit!!!

Garyc42660
07-26-2011, 12:58 PM
Yep, TC. I'm still blown away that there are so few people on these amazing roads! When I go for rides I'm all by myself with almost no other vehicles on the road. Need to do a fall classic up here. Ride M22, Tunnel of Trees, the Mac bridge and back. When the leaves are changing this place makes Vermont look like shit!!!

Ive been up that ways a few time, great roads...I usually do a trip to the U.P ...just haven't had the time this year yet

Garyc42660
07-26-2011, 12:59 PM
hay aug.7 im in. live in utica and know all those places be good ride

right on...im in sterling hts..19&clinton river area

bparsel
07-26-2011, 1:36 PM

I could DEF. be down for something like that. The stretch of road from Petoskey to Cross Village is unreal, the Legs Inn is an awesome spot WAY out there. That used to be my favorite destination back when I was a teenager flogging my old '81 Virago 750!! I thought I was the hottest shit on 2 wheels :cool:

ironheadmikem
07-26-2011, 1:55 PM

Sounds like another potential ride...

bparsel
07-28-2011, 12:24 PM
I kinda dig this little sub forum we have started so Ill keep it going.

What are you guys currently working on?

I tore apart an old seat I had in the attic last night and started cutting down the base. Trying to see what i can come up with for a new solo for the old bagger. I'll finish trimming it down and hopefully get it recovered tonight, although I still have to figure out how Im actually gonna mount it.

Sorry, shitty pic.

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii32/bparsel/IMAG0029.jpg

beanhead78
07-28-2011, 1:25 PM
im here in flint. it would be nice to make the aug 7th ride but the wifes workin and my only babysitter ( my mom ) is locked up in the genessee county jail right now.

Motorradfahrer
07-28-2011, 2:18 PM
TC right? Im originally from Charlevoix. No better riding in the Country than the west coast of MI.

Ha! I'm originally from Ellsworth. There's a lot of great riding in the Charlevoix area.

bparsel
07-28-2011, 2:27 PM
Ha! I'm originally from Ellsworth. There's a lot of great riding in the Charlevoix area.

Gold Nugget :cheersmate:

SuperP
07-28-2011, 6:31 PM
I kinda dig this little sub forum we have started so Ill keep it going.

What are you guys currently working on?

Well, just about every weekend I paint, Goldleaf and pinstripe a new helmet. Each time gets a little better.

ironheadmikem
07-28-2011, 6:52 PM
Well, just about every weekend I paint, Goldleaf and pinstripe a new helmet. Each time gets a little better.

I have a black half hemet I've been wearin, If your interested I'd ike to change it up and have something of my own. I need a 3/3 logo of some kind on it. Let me know what it cost to get it stripped up. As far as projects my Intruder is a work in progress and a buddy gave me a siezed up moped I am thinkin of getting going for the kids to kick around the yard

SuperP
07-28-2011, 7:12 PM
I have a black half hemet I've been wearin, If your interested I'd ike to change it up and have something of my own. I need a 3/3 logo of some kind on it. Let me know what it cost to get it stripped up.

Yeah man, I'd like another challenge. Never tried lettering. PM me with some ideas.

bparsel
07-28-2011, 9:34 PM
Yeah man, I'd like another challenge. Never tried lettering. PM me with some ideas.

I saw some of your work in your profile pics. Pretty badass. If you get this going I have a rootbeer biltwell and a 67 Shoei I would love done up. I was gonna have Shawn at imperial house do them but after his cost and shipping I could have just bought some of his pre done helmets and saved money. So let me know if you wanna start making some cash working on some helmets.

SuperP
07-29-2011, 4:20 AM
Yeah, I can do that....but I am no where near as good as Shawn, Josh or any of those guys. I can replicate just about anything, especially with leafing.

2011FXDWG
07-29-2011, 11:55 AM
Everyone here in Michigan needs to go to the community section at the top of the screen and check out the Hi-Five riders. It's a Michigan spot with almost no traffic. Maybe we can get organamized and do shit!

image1
07-29-2011, 12:02 PM
if you guys like putting miles on, get your asses down here next weekend for R4YL (http://r4yl.blogspot.com/)!! I know there are a couple MI dudes that plan on coming down (motoguru's crew). More info in the EVENTS section, gonna be a good time, love to see some of you guys down here.

ironheadmikem
07-30-2011, 6:44 AM

I'll throw it to ya on Sunday and think of some Ideas before hand, Looking forward to the meetup/Ride

ironheadmikem
07-30-2011, 6:48 AM
I'm down with some organization and some michigan meet ups/ rides, we need something to do after August 7th ride. As much as I hate to say it we have limited time to get miles on before the cold winds start blowin, Come October I got deer to kill!

standrew
07-31-2011, 8:39 AM
Thanks to 2011fxdwg. We do need more traffic on the hi five rides page. I will do my best to keep posting events and rides but my time is limited with work and my boy. Please everyone feel free to to get this page a little more interesting

junkyardjon
07-31-2011, 9:40 AM

sounds like a painting party is in order !!

ironheadmikem
08-02-2011, 4:17 PM
Just tryin to keep this thread alive and the word out on the CC site that we are havin a meet up/ Ride on Sunday the 7th meeting at Airport Rd and M/59 in Waterford at McDonalds. Keep spreadin the word and come on out!

SuperP
08-02-2011, 4:44 PM
I'm still tracking. Hopefully I can change out my rear tire by then. Gettin pretty bald.

beanhead78
08-02-2011, 5:06 PM
if you guys like putting miles on, get your asses down here next weekend for R4YL (http://r4yl.blogspot.com/)!! I know there are a couple MI dudes that plan on coming down (motoguru's crew). More info in the EVENTS section, gonna be a good time, love to see some of you guys down here.

Shit I'll see if my crews going down again this year. You remember Eric Jared Andy and Jon? My wife had to work that weekend last year and I stay at home with the kids. But she might have next weekend off. I'll see what's up with those dudes. It just depends cause all our schedules are all fucked up this year

bparsel
08-03-2011, 11:11 AM
I'm still tracking. Hopefully I can change out my rear tire by then. Gettin pretty bald.

Just PM'ed you back on that tire situation.

Wonder how we're looking for attendance on Sunday, a few people havent chimed in much since the beginning.

Garyc42660
08-03-2011, 11:14 AM
I would go in a heartbeat, but have to work

image1
08-03-2011, 11:26 AM
Shit I'll see if my crews going down again this year. You remember Eric Jared Andy and Jon? My wife had to work that weekend last year and I stay at home with the kids. But she might have next weekend off. I'll see what's up with those dudes. It just depends cause all our schedules are all fucked up this year

hell yeah! I don't think Eric is gonna make it (or last i talked to him anyway) but i say kidnap his ass and bring him along, its gonna be a GOOD ONE this year!

standrew
08-03-2011, 12:56 PM
http://www.chopcult.com/group/106/

Here is the link to the MIchigan bikers page.

SuperP
08-03-2011, 3:40 PM
This is my current count

I count 4 confirmed-
me
Bparsel
Honchop1 ?
harleybill1970 ?

Tentative-
ohcmike
ericwoodward
6 from Lansing

SPIT
08-03-2011, 3:57 PM
Gold Nugget :cheersmate:

I love this bar...hit it every year when I go up to Charlevoix for deer camp.

2011FXDWG
08-03-2011, 4:52 PM
Shit, I'm out. Gotta work for somebody who's in need.

SPIT
08-03-2011, 5:07 PM
Dont mean to hijack the August 7 planning....but I see a few are interested in doing a coast side ride. I started trying to put something like this together a while back.... go here: http://speedpracticeintheory.blogspot.com/search/label/Wagon%20Wheel%20Run
I have a finalized route/map figured up, just never really had the ineterest. Im still into doing something if I can get enough guys together. Im located over near Lapeer and my final route starts around there, heads north and over to the lakeshore and down to Algonac area. Any suggestion or interest let me know.....Id love to do something

SPIT
08-03-2011, 5:15 PM
Heres the newly figured ride route....

http://speedpracticeintheory.blogspot.com/

ironheadmikem
08-03-2011, 6:25 PM
I'm no good for Sunday, If it aint one thing it's another. Somebody post up some picks, I wont be able to make it out, got a obligation to attend to.:banghead: I gave somebody my word that I owed them one and time to make good on it.

image1
08-04-2011, 6:47 AM
I count 5 confirmed-
me
Bparsel
Honchop1
harleybill1970
Image1

if you are counting me in for a MI ride this weekend, you have mis-read... I will be in OH, KY & IN doing R4YL.

motoguru
08-04-2011, 7:29 AM
I will be in OH, KY & IN doing R4YL.

ME TOO!!

A little late to this thread, but I am in Royal Oak/Clawson and I ride every single day. A few of us are heading down to R4yL today, so can't make this 7th meet, but I'll keep an eye on this thread for future fun.

bparsel
08-04-2011, 7:50 AM
ME TOO!!

A little late to this thread, but I am in Royal Oak/Clawson and I ride every single day. A few of us are heading down to R4yL today, so can't make this 7th meet, but I'll keep an eye on this thread for future fun.

We'll look forward to setting something up. At the very least this thread has brought some people out of the local woodwork.

At the rate this is going, the 7th is gonna end up just being SP and I with an FL and an FLHR. Not to mention the weather is now looking like thunderstorms on Sunday.

bparsel
08-04-2011, 7:51 AM
BTW - You fellas have fun and ride safe on R4YL

2011FXDWG
08-04-2011, 8:50 AM
Heres the newly figured ride route....

http://speedpracticeintheory.blogspot.com/

Looks like a good day! When do you do your Apocalypse run? It's up near where I'm at, and I'm actively looking for other riders in my area that aren't all on baggers.

harleybill1970
08-06-2011, 6:08 AM
hay im still on for sun the 7th ill b there !

bparsel
08-06-2011, 8:44 AM
hay im still on for sun the 7th ill b there !

That makes 3 of us. Ha. Super P and I got his tire changed last night with a lot of sweat and swearing. He's test riding today to make sure he's all good. We still plan on hitting the McD's in case anybody else wants to join up tomorrow.

EricWoodward
08-06-2011, 11:10 AM
That makes 3 of us. Ha. Super P and I got his tire changed last night with a lot of sweat and swearing. He's test riding today to make sure he's all good. We still plan on hitting the McD's in case anybody else wants to join up tomorrow.

What time are you guys hitting the McDs? I didn't see it in the thread, and I wont know if I can make it until tomorrow morning.

bparsel
08-06-2011, 11:26 AM
What time are you guys hitting the McDs? I didn't see it in the thread, and I wont know if I can make it until tomorrow morning.

Supposed to be 10am.

EricWoodward
08-06-2011, 12:20 PM
Supposed to be 10am.

Cool man, thanks for the quick reply. I will try and ride over there even if I can't go on the ride just to hand off the BOTTL helmet so someone else can go nuts with it.

bparsel
08-06-2011, 1:12 PM
That would be badass. I don't think my current evo is worthy of the helmet, but SuperP's definitely is.

Garyc42660
08-06-2011, 1:27 PM
Cool man, thanks for the quick reply. I will try and ride over there even if I can't go on the ride just to hand off the BOTTL helmet so someone else can go nuts with it.

I would love to take taht thing

Garyc42660
08-06-2011, 1:28 PM
That would be badass. I don't think my current evo is worthy of the helmet, but SuperP's definitely is.

doesent matter what you ride as long as you ride my friend

SuperP
08-07-2011, 3:44 PM
Well, we just finishd up nice little ride today. 4 of us ended up riding, we also met up with Ericwoodward who passed us the BOTTL.
I have it and will pass it one to who wants it next.

Enjoy some pics!

http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/6917/1020181.jpg

http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/9149/1020183.jpg

http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/8443/1020184.jpg

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/4158/1020185.jpg

http://img847.imageshack.us/img847/2433/1020189.jpg

http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/5428/1020190.jpg

http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/428/1020191.jpg

More to follow...

SuperP
08-07-2011, 4:04 PM
http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/4272/1020192m.jpg

http://img830.imageshack.us/img830/7817/1020197.jpg

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/2756/1020198.jpg

http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/5179/1020200.jpg

http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/9119/1020201.jpg

http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/8929/1020205.jpg

http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/5224/1020213.jpg

SuperP
08-07-2011, 4:07 PM
XtQaFLUV0Co

caJTspaCWNA

zamochit
08-07-2011, 5:19 PM
damn only four people showed up? I am gonna miss the entire riding season again. I have all the parts too finish my shovel, but can't find the time too get her together. I'm going to try hard to have it on the road for bikes on the bricks in flint this September.

Garyc42660
08-07-2011, 7:30 PM
riding tommorow afternnon if anyone wants to go..prob head toward the stonehouse to hang for a few...leaving from stgerling hts area if anyones interested

standrew
08-08-2011, 12:09 PM
I'm looking for some riding to do this weekend. Gonna get free all by my lonesome. Are there any rides or events going on this weekend?

bparsel
08-08-2011, 1:23 PM
Great ride yesterday with a great bunch of guys, couldnt have asked for better weather. We also managed to spend 6hrs on a 2hr ride :cool:

Big props to Eric for delivering the lid even though he couldnt ride for the day.

ironheadmikem
08-08-2011, 4:29 PM
Nice to see some pics, now I'm really kickin myself in the dick for not being able to make it. Any Ideas for another meet up/ ride?
Still wanna get my hemet to ya for some paint...

harleybill1970
08-08-2011, 6:08 PM
it was a good day hade a great time look forwerd to do it again ill try to post some pics as well

standrew
08-09-2011, 6:05 AM
RELIX RIOT 2011

When: August 20, 2011

Where: Gilmore Car Museum : 6865 West Hickory Road, Hickory Corners, Michigan

Pre 1965 traditional rods and customs

Friday night pre-party on site with free camping
Live music Friday & Saturday
Pin-up contest with cash prizes
Vendors

Vendor spots available – $100
Swap meet – $25

Admission: $15 for car or $9 spectators
Price of admission allows access to all museum’s buildings on that day.

For more information contact Mike at 616-890-9347

This is an awesome event held by our good buddies the Relix MC/CC out of Grand Rapids. A good grass roots event with hot rods and bikes. I believe Friday night Left Lane Cruiser and the Hex Bombs are playing. This is an event you most definately do not want to miss!

bparsel
08-09-2011, 8:45 AM
Relix riot sounds like a good time. I've got family coming in for the Dream Cruise that wknd though.

SPIT
08-09-2011, 10:19 AM
Looks like a good day! When do you do your Apocalypse run? It's up near where I'm at, and I'm actively looking for other riders in my area that aren't all on baggers.

Last weekend in July usually. July 29-31 this past year. If you may be interested in going next year, keep in touch....

cpracing519
08-09-2011, 7:15 PM
Hitting the Easy Rider Rodeo in Fowlerville Aug. 19-21! Should be a great time!

standrew
08-10-2011, 6:13 AM
@SPIT-
Hey, I'm going to pick up the Chop Cult BOTTL helmet today. Would you and the rest of the Relix want to take it from me at the riot? If there is no interest, I can just pass it along to whoever wants it next.

SPIT
08-10-2011, 10:49 PM
@SPIT-
Hey, I'm going to pick up the Chop Cult BOTTL helmet today. Would you and the rest of the Relix want to take it from me at the riot? If there is no interest, I can just pass it along to whoever wants it next.

I'm not in the Relix club, just friends with a few of them....I'm not sure if I'm going to make it to the RIOT or not. If I do Id for sure be interested in taking the BOTTL. If not, Im sure somebody else would be into it.

standrew
08-11-2011, 6:17 AM
Sorry I thought you were. Anyway, just give me a heads up if your going. there is a guy on the east coast that wants me to ship it to him but I would rather ride to meet someone.

standrew
08-11-2011, 6:24 AM
Here are a few pictures from our pick up of the BOTTL. 100 miles round trip. I'll post more when my loser friends send me their pictures that they took.

livingdeadmc
08-11-2011, 8:05 AM
Friends and i are gonna try and hit the riot...camping out hopefully. Sounds like a blast!

bparsel
08-11-2011, 2:30 PM
May hit The OXford Tap tonight. Its bike night so at least its a destination. Stopped by last night and saw a dude in a "Sons of Anarchy" - Michigan vest. Righteous, ya cant make that shit up.

2011FXDWG
08-11-2011, 3:02 PM
a dude in a "Sons of Anarchy" - Michigan vest.

Hey man, it's not just a TV show........it's a lifestyle :kill:

Garyc42660
08-11-2011, 3:09 PM
May hit The OXford Tap tonight. Its bike night so at least its a destination. Stopped by last night and saw a dude in a "Sons of Anarchy" - Michigan vest. Righteous, ya cant make that shit up.

I'll be there tonight with a few friends..i'll be on a white fatboy with a solo saddle bag...

junkyardjon
08-12-2011, 6:38 PM
Ubly dragway august 27 & 28
motorcycle weekend

Garyc42660
08-14-2011, 8:04 PM
anyone up for a ride tuesday

onit
08-25-2011, 4:21 AM
This weekend on 28th st. from I-96 to I-196

bparsel
09-01-2011, 7:30 AM
Who's around?? I may be making a little trip Up North on the bike but otherwise a Port Huron run up the coast may be cool this wknd. I know the weather is looking a little sketchy. Anybody in town this wknd?

StillIll
09-09-2011, 3:35 PM
Hey I am looking for a video. Kid from Grand Rapids bought a CrossBones and was going to chop it out. I never got to see part two and see how it turned out. It was either on VBS or Vimeo. Anybody know what I am talking about?

standrew
09-10-2011, 8:00 AM
Yup. Dudes name was scout from the relix cc/mc. You can find it on the harley davidson website under dark customs. They have a bunch more too

StillIll
09-10-2011, 11:29 AM
Thanks. Found the original vid, was there ever a part 2 done?

Garyc42660
09-14-2011, 10:09 AM
planning on riding to the lions game sunday for the tailgate at my friends site...anyone want to join

SuperP
09-21-2011, 8:03 PM
OK team, we need another little social ride.

What do you think? OCT 8th, 15th, 22d?

Last time we turned a 1.5hr ride into 6hrs due to some watering holes and jaw jackin. lol.

Garyc42660
09-21-2011, 10:06 PM
im cool with any of those dates

Coyote
09-22-2011, 12:03 AM
Bikes on the bricks in flint this weekend is pretty fun

Garyc42660
09-22-2011, 5:34 AM
Bikes on the bricks in flint this weekend is pretty fun

i'll be there if the weather cooperates

SuperP
10-02-2011, 7:15 PM
What about next weekend? 8th or 9th? Supposed to be nice weather.

SuperP
10-05-2011, 5:54 PM
Bumpity

Garyc42660
10-05-2011, 9:54 PM
i can do the 8th

EricWoodward
10-06-2011, 11:42 AM
Also on the 9th is the Great Lakes Regional chili cookoff and bike show. There is a huge turnout most years:

http://greatlakeschili.com/

Flyer:

http://greatlakeschili.com/images/stories/2011_Flyer/Bike_Show_Flyer.pdf

SuperP
10-08-2011, 1:04 PM
i can do the 8th

Damn, not alot of interest this weekend. I just plan on striping a helmet in the garage this afternoon. What about tomorrow or Monday?

Garyc42660
10-09-2011, 8:31 AM
Damn, not alot of interest this weekend. I just plan on striping a helmet in the garage this afternoon. What about tomorrow or Monday?

I could do monday during the day

LEGACYTATTOO701
10-10-2011, 12:22 AM
Do they still have the swap meets and bike shows at the state fairgrounds on 8 mile and woodward?

Garyc42660
10-10-2011, 8:41 AM
Do they still have the swap meets and bike shows at the state fairgrounds on 8 mile and woodward?

i dont thinks so, the last onw was a few years ago, the new location is birch rin expo center ans novi expo center...the next one is on 10/23/11 at birch run...if its nice out my friends and I are riding there

Garyc42660
10-17-2011, 2:25 AM
swapmeet on the 23rd up at birch run expo center...anyone going????????

bedbug
11-15-2011, 9:00 AM
just found this. from canton originally, living in westland now. work in dearborn. ride to work on any given day it isnt raining (or snowing). anyone in the area? always down for the quick weekend trips or night rides. currently need a welder to mount my new biltwell seat bracket (buddy broke my current welder) ground off all the old brackets and shit then the welder crapped out before i could even tack up the new one. anyone in the are got a welder (tig or mig)? i got a bottle and wire for mig.

clutch1987
01-04-2014, 9:53 AM
Does anyone want to plan another cc rally for 2014

SuperP
01-05-2014, 8:32 PM
Does anyone want to plan another cc rally for 2014

I can go if it is before mid-June

d1long85
01-08-2014, 10:10 AM
id be down to do some riding

livingdeadmc
01-11-2014, 7:37 AM
just found this. from canton originally, living in westland now. work in dearborn. ride to work on any given day it isnt raining (or snowing). anyone in the area? always down for the quick weekend trips or night rides. currently need a welder to mount my new biltwell seat bracket (buddy broke my current welder) ground off all the old brackets and shit then the welder crapped out before i could even tack up the new one. anyone in the are got a welder (tig or mig)? i got a bottle and wire for mig.

I'm near Howell. I have a tig if you still needed it. I'll also be at the bitch run show if any one is going.

TimberwolfFXDL
01-11-2014, 8:23 AM
Not an east sider like many of you, but I'd be up for a meet and ride possibly. I'm in Battle Creek

SuperP
01-11-2014, 2:59 PM
I'm near Howell. I have a tig if you still needed it. I'll also be at the bitch run show if any one is going.

I thought you were near Ypsi?

livingdeadmc
01-12-2014, 7:26 AM
I thought you were near Ypsi?

Nah...I've lived in East Lansing for years. I just moved to Webberville about a year ago (15 minutes from Howell) we just sold or house here so well be moving soon, but staying somewhere in the area....I just need a bigger shop or land to build one. My cell is 5175802581 if anyone ever needs anything.

Efergoh
01-12-2014, 10:50 AM
Man, there really is no life north of the I-94.

Where the hell are all of the Northern Michigan Chop Culters? I'm in Petoskey, if there are any besides myself.

schooter
01-15-2014, 7:07 PM
Nah...I've lived in East Lansing for years. I just moved to Webberville about a year ago (15 minutes from Howell) we just sold or house here so well be moving soon, but staying somewhere in the area....I just need a bigger shop or land to build one. My cell is 5175802581 if anyone ever needs anything.

Holy shit my girlfriend lives in Fowlerville, I'm waiting on my sporty front end before I drag my frame down for the de-rake

BigRob8686
01-21-2014, 9:36 PM
Funny my wife's grandma lives in fowellerville her sister lives in lake Orion and the rest of our friends/family live in Harrison township ! Nothing like mi people!!! The best though we are stuck in sunny orlando! Lol we do get up there at least once a summer!

beanhead78
02-02-2014, 10:26 PM
Flint

ruckus
02-07-2014, 4:30 AM
West Branch, MI here.
Always up for beer or a run.
If any MI dudes are still active around here hit me with a message for my #

beanhead78
02-08-2014, 8:56 PM
Anyone near flint building a chopper/ long bike wanna trade some parts?

ruckus
02-11-2014, 7:45 PM
What parts are you looking for? I've got some stuff lying around, including a parting out sportster.

derekd403
02-11-2014, 7:54 PM
I'm in Fowlerville by Livingdead... I even have a bike in his garage lol. I'm ready to throw some studded tires on my ride now....

Schooter, does your gf still live in the ville?

schooter
02-12-2014, 11:50 AM
I'm in Fowlerville by Livingdead... I even have a bike in his garage lol. I'm ready to throw some studded tires on my ride now....

Schooter, does your gf still live in the ville?

She goes to MSU but yep she lives on Warner rd just out of the ville

Bangarang
02-12-2014, 12:36 PM
Hey guys me and some buddies from wisconsin are planning a trip around lake michigan this summer if anyones interested let me know!

derekd403
02-12-2014, 2:53 PM
She goes to MSU but yep she lives on Warner rd just out of the ville

Small world, cuz that's not too far from my house. If she went to school out here I prob know who she is. Weirddddd

schooter
02-12-2014, 3:45 PM
Small world, cuz that's not too far from my house. If she went to school out here I prob know who she is. Weirddddd

Yup, she's a Fowlerville gladiator

Mgregg85
02-16-2014, 11:35 AM
Hey guys me and some buddies from wisconsin are planning a trip around lake michigan this summer if anyones interested let me know!

I've been trying to plan a ride around Lake Michigan this summer too(but starting in MI), you pick a date yet?

I live in Midland and ride every day I can, if anyone wants to go grab a beer or something, I'd be down for some trips too. I try to get over to Castaways for bike night on Tuesdays if I'm not working.

Peternorth
03-27-2014, 8:04 PM
Ey yall, I live in Grand Rapids and am ready to ride as soon as this damn winter is over. I am organizing a few day ride/camping event to sleeping bear dunes. Let me know if your are interested.

2011FXDWG
03-27-2014, 9:38 PM
Ey yall, I live in Grand Rapids and am ready to ride as soon as this damn winter is over. I am organizing a few day ride/camping event to sleeping bear dunes. Let me know if your are interested.

Yeah, I live in Traverse City. The Leelanau Penninsula is my backyard playground.

Peternorth
03-28-2014, 7:37 AM
Right on 2011FXDWG. Have you ever camped on the north Manitou Island? I was thinking that would be a cool place to camp but it probably would not work because I am sure you wouldnt be able to bring bikes.

65bsanube
03-28-2014, 9:03 AM
anyone near the waterford area and wants to help me wrench on a 1965 BSA 650 with big bore kit? I am new to this and have quite a few leaks and little issues and could really use a helping hand with knowledge.twin AMIL carbs and BSA motor...rest is all custom..not done the best, but this is how I got it last week. I can supply beer of your choice, good tunes, food and am willing to pay a reasonable agreed upon hourly price for the work as well. Thanks.

2011FXDWG
03-28-2014, 9:14 AM
Right on 2011FXDWG. Have you ever camped on the north Manitou Island? I was thinking that would be a cool place to camp but it probably would not work because I am sure you wouldnt be able to bring bikes.

I have not, and no bikes would be allowed. But......right now you could drive to them. Let me know if you need any info on the area.

Slayer63
04-12-2014, 10:43 PM
Swap meet in birch run tomorrow. Probably gonna suck but if you're into leather and lawyers it's for you!

Efergoh
04-14-2014, 12:54 AM

I have. Great place for camping. It is primitive capmping. There are no facilities apart from potable water at the ranger station. You gotta pack it in and pack it out. There is a small campsite near the ranger station where you can have a fire in the provided rings, but if you opt for camping away from the station, no fires save for that produced by a cook stove.

No bikes on the island, but there is safe parking near the ferry.

Slayer63
04-15-2014, 9:26 AM
http://www.chopcult.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36521

Hammer In Hand in St Johns is having a thing.

rogergriffith2
05-05-2014, 10:12 PM
im in flint area

hillakilla
05-07-2014, 6:10 AM
way north. if anybody is planning trips around lake michigan, i suggest swinging up to lake superior in michigan and doing copper harbor and pictured rocks.

nwright719
10-08-2014, 7:53 PM
Anyone interested in heading up north this weekend, maybe to M-119 in Emmet County, to ride the Tunnel of Trees? I will be departing from Flint. I was thinking of pitching a tent somewhere for the night and heading back on Saturday, or perhaps venturing further into the UP, eh!? hit me up if anyone wants to go.

hillakilla
10-14-2014, 8:58 AM
was an amazing weekend in the north western UP (Keweenaw), sunshine, in the 60s. This week it looks like the winter decline may be starting, and last weekend may have been one of the last "good" weekends to get out... mid 40's this week, and we quite possibly won't see 60 again until March or April...but you never know. Hopefully still get some more rides in. Leaf color is still good, but past peak.

bparsel
10-29-2014, 1:21 PM
Nevermind

EXTRACREEPY
10-31-2014, 12:32 AM
Now I find this post !!!!!!
Well better late then never...

rowdyjeff
12-30-2014, 10:08 PM
There is going to be a ride through Detroit late April early May. I'll post more details as they are formalized. It's called the Ghetto Shakedown. This is the second time we're doing it.54833

bparsel
12-31-2014, 10:04 AM
There is going to be a ride through Detroit late April early May. I'll post more details as they are formalized. It's called the Ghetto Shakedown. This is the second time we're doing it.54833

Awesome, keep us posted!

IronManJr
01-02-2015, 11:44 AM
Any of you middle of the state folks going to the Hastings Swap Meet tomorrow?

milunchbox
02-17-2015, 5:22 PM
Lansing swap meet this Sunday anyone going?

rowdyjeff
03-04-2015, 8:29 PM
57506here is the flyer for the Shakedown. I'll post all the meet up details as the date gets nearer.

IronManJr
03-21-2015, 10:38 PM
Swap meet at the DeltaPlex in GR tomorrow, anybody going?

hillakilla
04-11-2015, 6:02 PM
I just moved from the U.P. to Hazel Park. Let's ride.

hillakilla
05-04-2015, 3:12 PM
Anybody? Thinking about a ride from detroit to lansing either saturday or sunday to get breakfast at Golden Harvest. Probably just blast there on the freeway then maybe return via alternate route, but i'm open to suggestions if someone wants to show me some roads in between.

savage454
05-23-2015, 9:46 AM
I'm in Madison Heights and am down to drink wrench or ride any time. Ryan "Irish" Martin

savage454
05-23-2015, 9:48 AM
I'll be downtown today looking at the techno kids. Sporty with the Misfit's skull on the tank.

rowdyjeff
06-05-2015, 5:59 PM
We only did 1/2 of our route for the Ghetto Shakedown. There will be another one in September. More details will be posted as they're sorted out,

hillakilla
06-19-2015, 9:36 AM
Anybody know what the Detroit River Days bike rally is like? It's tonight on the river front. I'm new in town and might check it out to see if there are any cool bikes but mostly what i've seen in town are baggers... still might be cool to see up close.

hillakilla
06-23-2015, 6:50 AM
Anybody know what the Detroit River Days bike rally is like? It's tonight on the river front. I'm new in town and might check it out to see if there are any cool bikes but mostly what i've seen in town are baggers... still might be cool to see up close.

was lame

hillakilla
07-14-2015, 10:26 AM
Anybody in SE michigan have any leads on roads with decent curves and uninterrupted flow of traffic? Looking for rides i can go on round-trip out of Hazel Park that are 3ish hours long. getting tired of stop and go and the same freeway loops.

bparsel
07-14-2015, 10:50 AM
Anybody in SE michigan have any leads on roads with decent curves and uninterrupted flow of traffic? Looking for rides i can go on round-trip out of Hazel Park that are 3ish hours long. getting tired of stop and go and the same freeway loops.

Ride the coast up to Port Huron, thats one of my favorite rides. You can also head north up past Oxford and then cut east over through Metamora and down to Lakeville, back to Oxford or to Rochester.

There's a ton of riding north of you or in the thumb that is great. You can also head west and roll through the Irish Hills towards Jackson. Some beautiful scenery and roads that way as well.

image1
07-22-2015, 6:06 AM
http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc41/image1art/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsqdv2l5bh.jpg

bparsel
08-18-2015, 8:31 AM
Oily Souls 3 Roll Call!

Who's going?

hillakilla
08-21-2015, 11:58 AM
Oily Souls 3 Roll Call!

Who's going?

Just found out about it. I will probably check it out.

hillakilla
08-22-2015, 5:37 PM
Just found out about it. I will probably check it out. here.

EXTRACREEPY
10-12-2015, 9:01 PM
Hey hillakilla i just saw that bike on CL.. why are you selling it?

hillakilla
10-14-2015, 3:35 PM
Hey hillakilla i just saw that bike on CL.. why are you selling it?

I have my eye on another project a friend of mine is trying to unload. Also buying a house. you know, blah blah blah...

Not totally sure i'd even let it go if someone showed up with cash in hand.

Junkman73
03-12-2016, 11:49 AM
Any body in the downriver area?Wouldn't mind meeting some friends to ride around with or have a beer or ten.That's if ya don't mind hangin with a two stroke rider.

beanhead78
03-15-2016, 3:51 PM
flint? anyone?

Brgrenier
05-04-2016, 5:46 AM
I'm up in Almont. Kinda new to the scene! I'm always looking for events or gatherings and people to ride with.

hillakilla
05-27-2016, 7:37 AM
I'm in Detroit. GF is out of town for the weekend, as are most of my other friends, and i'm smoking 8lbs of pork belly. If that interests you, shoot me a message.