PDA

View Full Version : any way to make an 09 sporty lean like on the home page?

REV
10-19-2009, 6:47 AM
i was just wondering, i know its not the kickstand now, but aside from lowering the hell out of the bike (id like to keep the suspension somewhat working, and i dont have too much movement in it now and i still scrape shit when i turn) is there a way to make it lean over like rousers tfl3?

logi
10-19-2009, 8:06 AM
Why?

REV
10-19-2009, 8:29 AM
Why?

why not? i like it, is different

vin
10-19-2009, 8:51 AM
solid mount pegs (wont flip up) and dont use your kickstand.

logi
10-19-2009, 9:09 AM
why not? i like it, is different

It won't be different if everyone copies it. I'm not even sure what "it" is ... we're just talking about leaning bike over. Throw some floorboards on and you'll be set.

billdozer
10-19-2009, 10:46 AM
Just lower it and then kick it over.

logi
10-19-2009, 12:56 PM
Wait, just found it in the HD parts catalog ... damn those guys are fast. It's part number 457890-57840656806-569 [billet bike lean stand] MSRP $300. But in order to buy it you have to purchase part number 4950-7850-4684069 [billet bike lean stand kit] MSRP $500.

Fredo
10-19-2009, 1:16 PM
I happen to know that when Rouser's bike is leaning that far it's because he's had enough shit for one day. He's not even willing to deal with the kick stand.
Thats the "angry lean" you cant buy it, build it or find it. You've just got to get pissed enough to toss your bike on it's side.

MsHeather
10-19-2009, 1:21 PM
Damn Fredo, the angry lean? I thought Rob's bike had more of a gangsta lean.

Looks like he isn't 'gangsta' afterall.

Supertouch
10-19-2009, 2:47 PM
Dont even bother less is more. I mean who would fuck with a guy that gets off his bike and drops it on it's side ?

JohnnyWolf
10-19-2009, 8:43 PM
http://gi264.photobucket.com/groups/ii163/5Z44F1WGOE/3td.gif

imtheslime
10-19-2009, 10:42 PM
Load it into the bed of a truck and ratchet strap it with your kickstand down(like a jackass), at least that's how the previous owner of my bike accomplished it.

imtheslime
10-19-2009, 10:44 PM
Dont even bother less is more. I mean who would fuck with a guy that gets off his bike and drops it on it's side ?

I though about that more than once...just like I did with my bike when I was little.

JL
10-19-2009, 11:28 PM
Maybe that's why Ness called 'em "paper boy" bikes? lol

Boylecomm
10-20-2009, 12:33 PM
Junk pile!

Toecutterp
10-20-2009, 12:39 PM
Ha ha my bike will do it (regular and switch). You won't be different you'll be copying me too. I just went out and tried it. Looks like it's going to fall over. Hey look at the cool bike in front of the cool emo biker bar it's leaning the wrong way. The owner must be really awesome with tools to have his bike so different.

REV
10-20-2009, 6:24 PM
wow, didnt know id get so much shit for liking something. i guess everyone here is so original and has never saw something someone else did and tried to do it too. fuck.

billdozer
10-20-2009, 7:51 PM
Thick skin, deadman.

Toecutterp
10-20-2009, 9:37 PM
Hey deadman don't be upset. People like to stir shit up sometimes. If you had a more realistic request your responce wouldn't have been not so harsh. It goes in line with (what color should i paint my tail light bolts or are gremlin bells cool i bought this 84 ironhead whats it worth) Try ,how do you make a plate holder or how do bob you rear fender. If you thought i was being a dick thank you i was trying to be:)

rouser
10-20-2009, 10:36 PM
now that the question is in the appropriate section... i got three words

laziness

motoguru
10-20-2009, 10:44 PM

hahaha. jackpot!

MrLabios
10-20-2009, 10:49 PM
Just to be different I lean my bike against buildings, cars, other bikes and large dogs. Fuck kickstands!

Toecutterp
10-20-2009, 11:17 PM
I flip mine on to the seat like a BMX bike

alfonso
10-21-2009, 1:13 AM
I balance mine on a tall kerb with the pedal. No wait....

CabritoLoco
11-02-2009, 11:25 AM
now that the question is in the appropriate section... i got three words

laziness

your eloquence is genius.

avastyematey
11-03-2009, 2:05 PM
gremlin bells. i want them.

Toecutterp
11-03-2009, 2:26 PM
I have a question about gremlin bells, ok someone has to give you one to make it work right. But what if you steal one off someones bike. Do you get super powers? That would be a rad thing to collect off douche bag baggers. Like ears in the Nam. I have on that i stold all ready. i need more. We should make this a Chop Cult contest who can get the most. You have to take a pic of the bell on a bike then nab it. DO NOT take any from 1%ers i think that don't have to explain. Take only from dealer biker type/ HOG members

avastyematey
11-03-2009, 6:51 PM
I have a question about gremlin bells, ok someone has to give you one to make it work right. But what if you steal one off someones bike. Do you get super powers? That would be a rad thing to collect off douche bag baggers. Like ears in the Nam. I have on that i stold all ready. i need more. We should make this a Chop Cult contest who can get the most. You have to take a pic of the bell on a bike then nab it. DO NOT take any from 1%ers i think that don't have to explain. Take only from dealer biker type/ HOG members

i don't know dude. i think if you steal them you end up getting the gremlins that come with the bike that you stole it from.

revmike
11-15-2009, 9:22 AM
You should steal the kickstands off of bikes until everyone has to just lean their horse over at the bar. Manufacturers will stop making them and soon it will just be what everyone does. Eventually, some hotshot will come along and start casting kickstands at home in the back yard and start the trend all over again. Then you can sell your stock pile of old school kickstands on EGay.... man, talk about a business plan.....

~Rev Mike

ridemore16
11-15-2009, 9:49 AM
You should steal the kickstands off of bikes until everyone has to just lean their horse over at the bar. Manufacturers will stop making them and soon it will just be what everyone does. Eventually, some hotshot will come along and start casting kickstands at home in the back yard and start the trend all over again. Then you can sell your stock pile of old school kickstands on EGay.... man, talk about a business plan.....

~Rev Mike

that sounds like a plan Rev...I like it!!!!

Toecutterp
11-16-2009, 10:43 AM
Ok i was a little drunk when i came up with the gremlin bell thing. Like all drunk ideas, good when drunk dumb when sober. I still think they are gay