PDA

View Full Version : How hard does your Triumph start

KT
10-18-2009, 4:28 PM
I stopped at the garage today and fired up the triumph and ran the generators for a bit ...hadnt got a chance to start it for a week ...anyways took alittle kicking and priming ...alittle sputter and coughing but it straightened up pretty quickly ...My bike usually starts just looking at the kicker and thinking about it ...Joking but seriously it does starts real easy ......

my question is how hard is your unit twin to start after letting sit for a while ...also been pretty cold in ohio last week ...I imagine temp has a lot to do with it ...

Scraper
10-19-2009, 9:12 AM
1 or 2 kicks above freezing, 3 or 4 below.

Grashopr
10-19-2009, 1:25 PM
Both of myne fire 1st or 2nd kick. Amal and Boyser on the Daytona, Amal, points and battery eliminator on the Tiger. However last night it was around 45 outside when I went to start the 500 and it took 3 or 4 kicks. If you guys are getting the same cold spell we just had, that's probably it.

rockaphilly
10-19-2009, 1:34 PM
Mine is always a 1 kicker unless it's super cold then it's a 2 kicker.

travasesino
10-23-2009, 9:01 PM
all of mine with amals are moody & very weather dependent. my 1 with mikunis fires first kick (if chokes are on).

KT
10-23-2009, 9:40 PM
I added alittle sea foam and stabilizer to the gas after I had it running went back yesterday been 5 days or so and it fired and ran alot better ....But it warmed up to the 70s this week too...