PDA

View Full Version : MX master cylinders

rustrocket84
10-16-2009, 5:33 PM
Anyone using a front MX master cylinder on their scoot. Wanting to run something small on my CB750 DOHC project. I'm going to run the dual disc front for sure. I have a stock master cylinder, that needs a rebuild. It's pretty damn ugly and the reservoir needs replacement too. Any info will be appreciated.

TheDemon
10-16-2009, 6:38 PM
I don't have any info really but I know exactly what you talking about. I rebuilt the one on my 78 CB750F and it was kind of a pain on top of looking big and bulky. If you do end up rebuilding yours or need other parts check out www.crc2onlinecatalog.com they have a ton of shit and its all reasonabley priced.

Check out cycle X as well, he has some bad ass CB parts, I can't remember who much DOHC stuff he's got but I know there is a ton of SOHC parts.

www.cyclexchange.net

I'll be interested to see if anyone has any info though because thats a sweet idea. The only problem will be finding an MX reservoir that has a big enough bore size to handle the duel pistons. If you get one that is too small the lever will be really soft and spongy feeling or not stop the bike at all.

rustrocket84
10-16-2009, 7:20 PM
That's what I'm worried about is the soft/spongy feel. If anything comes up I'll let you know. Not sure if I want to go too big either and lose the modulation.

Boylecomm
10-18-2009, 8:47 PM
On the SR 500's I used CR-CRF Honda master cylinders through a brembo ducati calipers and they work well.

WOMPY
10-19-2009, 10:50 PM
Are you running two 1-piston calipers. If so maybe something in the neighborhood of a 9/16 to 5/8 (15mm-17mm) bore for your m/c. Look at KTM. They tend to bigger than the rest.

rustrocket84
10-20-2009, 1:52 PM
Yeah they're two single piston calipers. I've been gone from home quite a bit lately and haven't looked to see what size the master cylinder is. So long as it stops I'm cool. Thanks for the info on the KTM stuff.

earz
10-20-2009, 2:51 PM
I found a chart on another page a while back that helps determine the size of m/cyl
bore needed based on caliper(s) and their sizes

http://roadstarclinic.com/content/view/89/95/

TheDemon
10-21-2009, 2:34 PM
I found a chart on another page a while back that helps determine the size of m/cyl
bore needed based on caliper(s) and their sizes

http://roadstarclinic.com/content/view/89/95/

This is some really good info, thanks earz!

earz
10-21-2009, 3:49 PM
I've run across a few really informative links like that, seeing that I dream big and spend most of my work day on the Internet.

TheDemon
10-21-2009, 4:14 PM
Haha you and me both