PDA

View Full Version : jockeyshift for shovel

Dusty52
10-13-2009, 6:20 PM
I just got a shovelhead at this time its in a swingarm but I'm going to put a hard tail on it and I also went to do a jockey shift. I've never done one so I need some help. Any pics or advice would really be helpfull. I'm pretty sure its a rachet top tranny.

mikestobbe
10-14-2009, 12:37 AM
the easy way to do it is to just buy a kit . I know custom chrome sells one , it pretty much has everything you would need . It's a pretty straight forward & easy switch

.http://www.customchrome.net/images/images/0197.jpg

Zooligan
10-22-2009, 8:17 AM
Will that work with the turd-top tranny?

Z

Boylecomm
10-22-2009, 10:57 AM
From the sounds of this post I would suggest you do a Hell of a lot more homework, not only on the bike you own but what you intend to do with it. People will be more than willing to help you out if you do.
What year/model of bike (shovelhead)? Go buy the manuals for this bike & use them.
Figure out what tranny you actually have, if and when you get stuck that would be a good time to post for help. This shit isn't easy but it's by no means rocket science either. Dudes that buy a bike and just start writing a please hold my hand through this build post will get nowhere quick & very little respect in the process. Do your homework you'll be stoked on learning it all anyway.
Is it an original HD swingarm frame? If so Why are you cutting it up? if you want a ridged frame sell the OG Harley set up and buy a Spartan, Flyrite or some other after market frame instead of butchering another old Harley frame. This is just my opinion but it would be nice to keep the originals intact.

I just got a shovelhead at this time its in a swingarm but I'm going to put a hard tail on it and I also went to do a jockey shift. I've never done one so I need some help. Any pics or advice would really be helpfull. I'm pretty sure its a rachet top tranny.

mjasen10
10-22-2009, 11:16 AM
From the sounds of this post I would suggest you do a Hell of a lot more homework, not only on the bike you own but what you intend to do with it. People will be more than willing to help you out if you do.
What year/model of bike (shovelhead)? Go buy the manuals for this bike & use them.
Figure out what tranny you actually have and if and when you get stuck that would be a good time to post for help. This shit isn't easy but it's by no means rocket science either. Dudes that buy a bike and just start writing please hold my hand thought this build post will get nowhere quick & very little respect in the process. Do your homework you'll be stoked on learning it all anyway.
Is it an original HD swingarm frame? If so Why are you cutting it up? if you want a ridged frame sell the OG Harley set up and buy a Spartan, Flyrite or some other after market frame instead of butchering another old Harley frame. This is just my opinion but it would be nice to keep the originals intact.

im gonna have to go ahead and second that. its ok to not be an expert, i sure as hell am not but no ones gonna wana help if you arent at least trying to help yourself