PDA

View Full Version : Cycle Electric

dalebfast
08-02-2009, 5:55 PM
If you guys (and girls) are having electrical problems with your scoot, Please consider going with Cycle Electric parts. I should have bought the best when I was building my scoot, instead of being a cheap-ass titewad. I would have saved money.
I was burning up regulators and getting stuck with dead batteries. I finally said fuck it and got a CE voltage regulator. One of the best investments I made for the chop. Of couse they cost more. But they are made here in USA, and it's better to keep the money here. Now my lights are blazing brightly, my battery stays charged and it starts better too. (Kick only you pussies)

Do it, they work. And a two year warranty too!

Dirty Dee

BlueCollarMoto
08-02-2009, 6:11 PM
CE IS the shit! Couldn't agree with ya more.

rouser
08-02-2009, 6:12 PM
i third that. real good stuff

Halwade
08-02-2009, 6:28 PM
CE sounds like a prime candidate for a product how-to on the ChopCult news. Anyone care to shoot photos and take notes on their next install? We'll run it on the news and give props to the manufacturer, the stunt mechanic and the owner of the guinea pig. send me a PM if interested.

dannyb
08-02-2009, 7:11 PM
i would like to know more about this, as i am planning a rigid or bratstyle xs. just havent decided which yet. what i do know, is i want kick start only, but have ABSOLUTELY ZERO knowledge of working with electrics.
i for one, would really appreciate a feature on this subject.

dalebfast
08-03-2009, 1:30 AM
Easy install. Two wires to the generator, and one to the battery positive. CE suggests putting an inline fuse between the battery and the regulator. Of course I wired one in, I'm not effing with this investment. Even the two wires to the generator are nearly idiot proof: one wire is longer than the other, so you can't hook them up wrong. I'm sure there's a few who could, though!

Dirty Dee

imtheslime
08-03-2009, 11:24 AM
Sounds interesting...

EnglandStGarage
08-08-2009, 1:42 AM
ya i did the same thing. i bought some cheap crap and it burnt up in about a month. thinking it was the reg i bought a new one then eventually just bought the reg and genny combo from ce. been workin perfect ever since. install is a piece of cake and it even comes polarized from the factory.

Hwywoman
02-25-2016, 3:23 PM
That's all I like to sell at my shop if possible. American made!!!

whino
02-25-2016, 5:51 PM
I never had aproblemwith Harley gens as long as there assembled right 40yrs on ironheads