PDA

View Full Version : On Any Sunday

onit
04-25-2011, 12:59 AM
have you seen it. it was a good movie, if you have not, netflix has a free one free membership. post a comment about it.
like the truth in the comment about riding w/ friends at the end of the movie

cntrhub
04-25-2011, 9:17 AM
Yes, I've seen both. Tizz sad to see On Any Sundayll hit the can with the good stuff you never saw. Truth is, the two collaborators parted ways. One took the reels of racing right out of the movie theater. See, all you saw were filler. And that filler was; keystone cops running down chasing an old model-T down the street and 3 times did the trains collide in that movie.

Bruce Brown made a bike movie. OnAny-2 was a reel of toilet paper. No offense to those who did make it; like showed a wedding at a particular race. So, keystone reels, a wedding... Get my DRIFT??? :cool:

Yeah, two friends and did they make movie or a youtube video... :asshat:

TroopThrowback
04-25-2011, 9:27 AM
Yes, I've seen both. Tizz sad to see On Any Sundayll hit the can with the good stuff you never saw. Truth is, the two collaborators parted ways. One took the reels of racing right out of the movie theater. See, all you saw were filler. And that filler was; keystone cops running down chasing an old model-T down the street and 3 times did the trains collide in that movie.

Bruce Brown made a bike movie. OnAny-2 was a reel of toilet paper. No offense to those who did make it; like showed a wedding at a particular race. So, keystone reels, a wedding... Get my DRIFT??? :cool:

Yeah, two friends and did they make movie or a youtube video... :asshat:

Man, I have no idea what you're saying.

I grew up on "On Any Sunday" used to watch it every day after school with my little brother, then we'd go out back on our bicycles and "lay it down" on the gravel driveway at speed so we could see how tough those flat track racers were.

There's no better film out there to express the variety and passion of fun that can be had on two wheels. Bruce did it once and for all for surfing (Endless Summer), did it once again with motorcycles, I'd say he's got a gift. Oh yeah, don't forget that little Baja movie he did in '67, that was as good as it gets in the day, too.
Troop

rustrocket84
04-25-2011, 9:48 AM
I just watched it again the other day. It'd been a couple years since I had seen it and it was like wathcing it all over again. It always fascinated me because I grew up in the Elsinore, and spent a lot of time riding in high desert area of Victorville and Barstow.

KidRockGTX
04-25-2011, 10:50 AM
I like to whistle or hum the theme song while i ride. Dirt or street it helps :cheersmate:

TRUMPNUT
04-25-2011, 10:53 AM
I wore out like 2 VHS copies of it . Now I have it on DVD and my 3yr old watches it all the time . It is a great piece of work , The On Any Sundy revisited is great too . The kid at the begining was a motorcross star in the 80's .

piecemaker
04-25-2011, 12:24 PM
that the little kid walking the wheelie at the beginning of the movie is Jeff Ward.

SoNorthCustoms
04-25-2011, 12:42 PM
You just inspired me to watch it this morning at work… hahahaha. It's free on hulu, just have to deal with a few commercials. Makes me want to go out and tear it up. It also makes me wish I didn't sell my CR.

Mollard
04-25-2011, 5:49 PM
I want to watch, but my netflix says it's unavailable......

Waylon
04-25-2011, 8:08 PM
Who doesn't feel like Malcolm after a ride. No matter how brutal, still smilin' ear to ear. Knees breezin' is a good day.

Revelator
04-25-2011, 10:21 PM
My old Man took Me to see On Any Sunday on the big screen when it 1st came out back in '71 or '72

My dad dug the movie so much that shortly after that He bought 3 brand new Yamaha dirt bikes!, 1 for Him, 1 for My twin Brother & one for Me!
Pretty much every weekend (in the summers) We would jam out to the Mojave desert, To places like
Jawbone Cyn.(Our favorite), Red Rock Cyn., El Mirage, & Indian Dunes, I Also raced (MX) for many years, & have owned many
bikes (dirt & street) all because of the impact that Movie had on Me as a kid.
For Me.........On Any Sunday is not just another Bike Movie...It's an American Icon.

onit
04-27-2011, 3:30 AM
those bitches probably took it off bec everyone from cc wanted to see it

Saltytonk
04-27-2011, 6:57 AM
there are 2 things that set in motion my obession with 2 wheels. When I was a small kid , sitting on my Dads bike in the driveway ,imagineing the feeling of rideing. And the other was watching On Any Sunday. Had it on VHS and wore it out. Havent seen it in years. I think its time to.

cntrhub
04-27-2011, 11:52 AM
with the two "ii"; type on any sunday ii

There is your filler. Old 1950's Catalina island, the keystones, more old archive footage back in the 50's on down.

They had that film crew at some endurance race. I came in the pits for gas, had no ear plugs, ears ringing; I can't ear myself so I start yelling for something. This microphone comes under my helmet, my old lady gets all insulted I'm yelling at her. We are leading for 2 hours of the 6 and I have to have some bitch in the pits getting all upset it's all about her LOL