PDA

View Full Version : Just got a "Loud Pipes" ticket up by the Ortega HWY

BlueCollarMoto
08-02-2009, 3:47 PM
Anybody around Torrance have a set of stock pipes for a evo Sportster laying around I can borrow for a afternoon so I can get this ticket signed off by the CHP? There's beer in it for ya!

I could make some brackets etc for these and use a set of slip on's I have laying around but it would just be easier to bolt a set on for the afternoon. I'm trashing these pipes next week anyway.

currysurr
08-02-2009, 4:01 PM
That shit sucks. How much is the ticket?

BlueCollarMoto
08-02-2009, 4:05 PM
It should only be $20 if I can get a set of stockers on there to show to the Chips.

Magickman
08-02-2009, 4:13 PM
Arnold has the CHiPies out padding his deficit, eh?

imtheslime
08-02-2009, 4:20 PM
Bummer. Someone got to have some. if I was closer you could have mine.

BlueCollarMoto
08-02-2009, 4:29 PM
Bummer. Someone got to have some. if I was closer you could have mine.

Thanks. I'm sure someone close to home has a set they can loan out for a afternoon. Anyone who's ever been to my blog knows I'm down on the cops most of the time but this guy could of nailed me for no turn signals, horn, and my lid as well. He asked me how long Ive had the helmet and my reply was "forever". I think if I answered any other way he would of nailed me for that as well. Its a pre DOT SNELL certified one from the 70s. Still the pipes thing was BS. I wasn't sitting there revving my junk or anything. Hell, I was just sitting at a light.

BlueCollarMoto
08-02-2009, 4:31 PM
Arnold has the CHiPies out padding his deficit, eh?

Sheriff DP on a new BMW. Rich yuppie neighborhood.

JohnnyWolf
08-02-2009, 4:44 PM
Anybody around Torrance have a set of stock pipes for a evo Sportster laying around I can borrow for a afternoon so I can get this ticket signed off by the CHP? There's beer in it for ya!

I could make some brackets etc for these and use a set of slip on's I have laying around but it would just be easier to bolt a set on for the afternoon. I'm trashing these pipes next week anyway.

Hey Man,

Got a stock set (head pipe, x-over, and muffs) from my '95.

I'm not in Torrance, but if ya' get into a bind I'm in Ontario off the 60 and 15. If your going to see Slim anytime soon he can swing by my pad on the way...???

I'll be in Buea Park off the 91 and Beach this Thursday, thats about as far S/W I get normally.

Let me know...
JW

BlueCollarMoto
08-02-2009, 4:51 PM
Hey Man,

Got a stock set (head pipe, x-over, and muffs) from my '95.

I'm not in Torrance, but if ya' get into a bind I'm in Ontario off the 60 and 15. If your going to see Slim anytime soon he can swing by my pad on the way...???

I'll be in Buea Park off the 91 and Beach this Thursday, thats about as far S/W I get normally.

Let me know...
JW

Thanks JW!
I'm hoping someone a bit closer to home will chime in. The 91 and beach isn't that far. I may hit you up for that.

TooManyProjects
08-02-2009, 5:21 PM
Tell the truth... Was it actually the bike or was it because of the burrito you had for breakfast???

dalebfast
08-02-2009, 5:30 PM
Hey Chris,
This is just a fixit ticket, right? I'm into fighting tickets that I get, even if I know I did it. Mostly I get tickets in my Mustang, when it ran. I want to see them show up and explain to the judge. Alot of times, most times, they don't show up for court, and I won! Of course Arnie probably has told the cops to show up for court, for the money. It's not about safety, it's about revenue!

Dee

BlueCollarMoto
08-02-2009, 5:46 PM
Tell the truth... Was it actually the bike or was it because of the burrito you had for breakfast???

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh64/BLUECOLLARMOTO/0066.jpg

Magickman
08-02-2009, 5:48 PM
Sheriff DP on a new BMW. Rich yuppie neighborhood.

Wow, that IS a shame, the guy rides two wheels for a living and still wrote you up.

BlueCollarMoto
08-02-2009, 5:58 PM
Hey Chris,
This is just a fixit ticket, right? I'm into fighting tickets that I get, even if I know I did it. Mostly I get tickets in my Mustang, when it ran. I want to see them show up and explain to the judge. Alot of times, most times, they don't show up for court, and I won! Of course Arnie probably has told the cops to show up for court, for the money. It's not about safety, it's about revenue!

Dee

Ya know, they have to set up equipment just like so, etc to get it done. I just figure it would cost more when the judge don't care about the law and the cop exaggerates. The Sheriffs office pays them to go to court once or twice a month. They just throw all the cops tickets into the same days docket. If I extend a few times it could work in my favor that way but I may be working by then and I would have to take a day off. I would rather save up some time to take off the Friday before the ride to the SLO in Pismo. If money wasn't so tight I would fight it. Think it would just be easier this time to chuck a set of stockers on there for a afternoon and pay the $20 bones. I can always go to the court house in the future and drop a bag of rice in the toilet for revenge. A drain cleaners nightmare that is! And metal detectors wont pick it up. Need to drum up some work for the local plumbers anyway.

dalebfast
08-02-2009, 6:01 PM
A bag of rice!!! That made my day!!!
Ohh jeez, it don't get no funnier than that!!

Dee

Craze
08-02-2009, 8:36 PM
They were out all over the place today... even had a pair looking for "irregularities" in people's shit at Cooks... then a noise net further up the canyon... we did Ortega and didn't see any thankfully...

JP
08-02-2009, 9:52 PM
Im in Hesperia and have a set, I could probably meet you somewhere wednesday if you need a set still. Let me know.

currysurr
08-02-2009, 11:22 PM
Rice in the toilet? never heard of that one. good job.

Triumphteer
08-02-2009, 11:33 PM
Thanks JW!
I'm hoping someone a bit closer to home will chime in. The 91 and beach isn't that far. I may hit you up for that.

i am heading to Santa Monica tuesday morning from Vegas......i could relay them.

let me know.

Scottienoooo
08-02-2009, 11:49 PM
thats a great idea with the rice hahaha! im a fan of the ole upper decker. when in doubt, take a dump in the top tank

BlueCollarMoto
08-02-2009, 11:56 PM
They were out all over the place today... even had a pair looking for "irregularities" in people's shit at Cooks... then a noise net further up the canyon... we did Ortega and didn't see any thankfully...

Yep. I was heading for Ortega from Cooks when it happened. I wasn't going to try for Hells Kitchen with my charging system but on my way back from Cooks I said fuck it and turned around. Great ride if your in a group but on your own they single you out.

Thanks everybody! Just got back from Pasadena. Went to go see On Any Sunday on the big screen. That was fucking awesome! Made up for this morning as far as my attitude goes. Time to get my head back on straight with a few highballs.

BlueCollarMoto
08-03-2009, 4:14 PM
Thanks everybody! Have a set I can use now!

EnglandStGarage
08-08-2009, 1:53 AM
hey bud make sure you take a close look at your ticket. i got one on pch in huntington not too long ago. the motocop wrote me a "fix it" ticket for not having any baffles in my exhaust. i specifically asked him if i could just throw some removeable ones in and get it signed off. he said yes. a couple of weeks go by and i get a ticket in the mail saying i owe them $200. turns out the shithead wrote me a "non fixable" fix-it ticket.
cali is broke and were picking up the tab.
i have some stock pipes off an 09 fuel injected and has holes for 02 sensors but they might work just for a quick sign off if all else fails.

Gepetto
08-08-2009, 8:16 AM
hey bud make sure you take a close look at your ticket. i got one on pch in huntington not too long ago. the motocop wrote me a "fix it" ticket for not having any baffles in my exhaust. i specifically asked him if i could just throw some removeable ones in and get it signed off. he said yes. a couple of weeks go by and i get a ticket in the mail saying i owe them $200. turns out the shithead wrote me a "non fixable" fix-it ticket.
cali is broke and were picking up the tab.
i have some stock pipes off an 09 fuel injected and has holes for 02 sensors but they might work just for a quick sign off if all else fails.

Dude PCH in Huntington Beach is a "no fly zone" for bikes!! If you went down main st. on a honda goldwing, they will still pull your ass over and fuck with you. One of our customers is a cop in pamona and he got a fix it ticket on his Harley for loud pipes, turn signals and even no front fender, and he is a fucking cop too!!! I would do dounuts on the White house lawn before I would ever think about riding in H.B.

BlueCollarMoto
08-08-2009, 10:58 AM
Funny thing is Ive had this bike flying threw HB a million times by myself on PCH and no ticket.

Revelator
08-08-2009, 11:58 AM
Funny thing is Ive had this bike flying threw HB a million times by myself on PCH and no ticket.

Same Here.
A buddy of mine lives a few blocks inland from the HB Pier, next to the
park on Main street. But when I ride down there I always bypass
pig central (Main & PCH) & pull off of PCH about 4 or 5 blocks
from that hot zone, & then head inland a few blocks, then cut over to Main st.

OINK!!!

EnglandStGarage
08-08-2009, 6:10 PM
ya hb cops are no joke. i live down the street from the hb pier too and its always a gamble. when we go on rides we meet up at my pad and get straight outta hb. i have encountered one very cool motocop around here...one.
i hear seal beach is cracking down really hard on loud pipes too.

RockinRyan
08-09-2009, 12:46 AM
Seems to me like most of Orange County is becoming like this. I can only hope that this strict enforcement doesn't move into the Inland Empire.

I know alot of guys on this forum live and ride in the OC, how do you all avoid tickets?

BlueCollarMoto
08-09-2009, 11:53 AM
I work and ride all over the OC and this is the first one I ever got. The Samson baffles I used to have in there made no dif as far as the noise levels.

I'm thinking there must be a way to find out where there is going to be a sound trap setup before it happens. They have to post where they are going to put a DUI checkpoint. Don't know about a sound check though since they don't actually stop all traffic to do the check.