PDA

View Full Version : Quebec Bobber/Chopper enthusiasts.

Grindhouse
04-19-2011, 3:41 PM
Greetings,

I would like to know if there is any C.C. users from Quebec? I'm looking for informations about possible swap meets, events in Quebec city/Montreal areas, runs, websites, forums, local builders, etc.

Thanx.

beanhead78
04-19-2011, 8:30 PM
we dont take kindly to canuks round these parts

beanhead78
04-19-2011, 8:31 PM
french canuks fer that matter

Grindhouse
04-20-2011, 4:58 AM
Thank you for your useful answer. It's always interesting to read about clever advices.

Warlock
06-25-2012, 10:23 PM
You ever find out about any swap meets in the end? There is a decent used parts place on the shore that's the best I've found so far.

Grindhouse
06-26-2012, 7:29 AM
There's the Sainte-Perpétue swap meet and drag race at the beginning of June. But this year was a flop, we had too much rain. There's also the Hérouxville swap meet and vintage bike show in few days. By the way, a run is organized for that event.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-2Zb8OmvmP-g/T9qko2anvcI/AAAAAAAAAGg/uyT6xSqMc4w/s1600/319703_324534964291149_90727193_n.jpg

Grindhouse
06-26-2012, 7:30 AM
I'm curious about that used parts place, where it is?

Warlock
06-27-2012, 10:21 AM
It's called motocam j they are near the 116 in saint hubert. They have some decent stuff there. I've always found what i needed. As for the run i'd really like to go but i am moving next weekend I'll have to pass.

Grindhouse
06-27-2012, 7:03 PM
Thanks for the info, i'll go take a look at that Motocam place. One of my riding buddy is moving in St-Hubert in few days.

No problems for the run and I'll try to post any other informations about futur events.

irishrich317
06-27-2012, 8:39 PM
I thought you had to make your posts in both English and French?

Grindhouse
06-28-2012, 11:10 AM

The topic in The Brolodex is in both language but as far as it's an english speaking forum and that topic has been previously created in the Main Forum, i'm using english for public post. I'll keep french for private message with peoples who can deal it. By the way, maybe that topic belongs to The Brolodex? The other topic i did in it could be erased?

MadRiverMoCo
06-28-2012, 11:14 AM

There is a reason this man is one of my HEROS

Sorry Buster,

but

Canadiennes...

A historical accident with the worst fans in sport

Fuc Toi, Rouge, Blanc et Bleu!

Grindhouse
06-28-2012, 11:35 AM
If you want to argue about what you call historical accident, feel free to write me in private and keep your mumbo jumbo out of my topic.

Buster68
06-29-2012, 7:57 AM
There is a reason this man is one of my HEROS

Sorry Buster,

but

Canadiennes...

A historical accident with the worst fans in sport

Fuc Toi, Rouge, Blanc et Bleu!

Matt:

"Canadiens": Hockey team. Used to play professionally, if I remember correctly

"Canadiennes = French Canadian women or girls (usually amongst the prettiest in North America)

As to the original topic, the majority of the custom bike scene in Quebec still seems to be dominated by the fat-tire, airbrushed skull douchebag yuppie or wanna-be 1% crowd (as evinced by that Pascal clown and his "Revolution" magazine). However, there are some cool guys out there - there was a contingent of wildmen who came down from Quebec for the Greasebag Jamboree in NH last year, and the guys from Les Loups MC are pretty cool:

http://www.lesloupsmc.com/

I am just over the border in the Ottawa area, and my buddy's shop is literally just over the border in Alexandria (about halfway between Montreal and Ottawa). My Panhead was rebuilt there, as was Heckler's brat-style sportster:

http://americancycleservice.blogspot.ca/

We often do group rides out that way, and a bunch of us will be heading down the East Coast for the Gypsy Run in September. PM me if you are interested in getting together.

MadRiverMoCo
06-29-2012, 8:16 AM
From where I'm sitting, they spell the hockey team Canadiennes!!!

We call that "proper use of the feminine" here in the Hub of Hockey

If you want to argue about what you call historical accident, feel free to write me in private and keep your mumbo jumbo out of my topic.

I would love to discuss with you Benedict Arnold's ill fated invasion that launched out of Newburyport, MA on Sept. 19th, 1775 or the impact of French Canadian migration on the industrialization of the United States in the mid 19th century (speak nothing of the impact of the french Canadian immigrant experience on American letters mid 20th century) but why do that privately when it is so much more fun publically? (though, say what you will about Montreal, they do have that bagel thing on lockdown)

Grindhouse
06-29-2012, 11:35 AM
Matt:

"Canadiennes = French Canadian women or girls (usually amongst the prettiest in North America)

As to the original topic, the majority of the custom bike scene in Quebec still seems to be dominated by the fat-tire, airbrushed skull douchebag yuppie or wanna-be 1% crowd (as evinced by that Pascal clown and his "Revolution" magazine). However, there are some cool guys out there - there was a contingent of wildmen who came down from Quebec for the Greasebag Jamboree in NH last year, and the guys from Les Loups MC are pretty cool:

I am just over the border in the Ottawa area, and my buddy's shop is literally just over the border in Alexandria (about halfway between Montreal and Ottawa). My Panhead was rebuilt there, as was Heckler's brat-style sportster:

We often do group rides out that way, and a bunch of us will be heading down the East Coast for the Gypsy Run in September. PM me if you are interested in getting together.

Buster: Thanx for the infos. I tend to agree with you on the Quebec bike scene but as you said, there's some nice folks out there. By the way, i'm gonna ride with Les Loups tomorrow (and many others) for "La run des loups". There's also the Smokin'Riders in Quebec city who are belonging to the "Chop Cult" culture more than the "Fat Tire" one.

MadRiver: I'm pretty aware of the French Canadians migration on the East Coast during the 19th century, my Grand Grand Father was one of them and a part of my family is still living in Fall River, Mass. But, that thread is about what is happening on Quebec's bike scene so i prefer to keep historical discussions out of it.

MadRiverMoCo
06-29-2012, 9:59 PM
I mean, I am being a punk but to be honest, the closest big city from my farm is Montreal...

Townson
06-29-2012, 11:34 PM
Matt:

since when are french women the prettiest in north america? lol.