PDA

View Full Version : King & Queen mounting

svwannabe
04-18-2011, 9:36 AM
I was wondering what kind of seat brackets you guys are using to mount a king and queen setup... I couldnt find any good pics, im basically looking for what to use to get the seat to mount flush to the frame...any pics would help too.. Thanks, Lars.

aaronc
04-18-2011, 8:08 PM
Mine just has two lil L peices that are welded to the pan and they slide up under the frame right were the backbone v's then theres one lil 1/4 20 on top of the back fender.

Roddy
04-19-2011, 5:51 AM
MIne has threaded bungs that are part of the pan.

svwannabe
04-19-2011, 5:52 AM
This seat i picked up has the two holes for a normal swivel bracket.. all the brackets i have looked at would cause the seat to sit up in the front.. I was thinking of picking up a biltwell hinge and cutting the bracket that welds to the frame down so i can get the seat to sit flush

REV
04-19-2011, 11:06 AM
This seat i picked up has the two holes for a normal swivel bracket.. all the brackets i have looked at would cause the seat to sit up in the front.. I was thinking of picking up a biltwell hinge and cutting the bracket that welds to the frame down so i can get the seat to sit flush

do what i did with another seat of mine, get a bracket that is a good as you want to "ruin" and mock it up on the seat, then the whole thing on the bike. once its sitting where you want it, take a sharpie and mark the very tip of the seat using the pens body to add just a little space (like when you trace your hand).

put the bracket into a vice and bend it not quite to a 45* angle and tweak as needed. itll make the front sit almost flush and still be bolted up easilly!

i did this with a solo seat of mine that had the cock piece up a bit too high, and ive seen this done with a lot of k/q's