PDA

View Full Version : 1st Project 73 xs650 -update



coachstorms
10-01-2009, 11:26 AM
I posted a few pics in my introduction but here is an update on my first project. I picked this little gem up for $100 in the desert outside of Phoenix. Stripped her all down and had the carbs rebuilt and fluids changed - she started up and ran like a top on the 2nd kick. i finished the paint and prep of the frame and right now I am trying to find time to get her put back together and the motor thrown in - then ill need to get some help to figure out the pivot for the rear drum and the linkages for the TC Bros forward controls. I've done everything myself that i can; tear down, prep, paint etc - wish i knew how to weld & fab though. This has been a pretty smooth project so far, considering i have no clue what i am doing and I am working in a garage/storage unit the size of a closet in the arizona summer heat! Hope to have more done after this weekend!

coachstorms
10-15-2009, 6:56 AM
got some work done in the last few days, so here is how she sits right now. I am having some fitment issues with the new trees on the older neck that need to get figured out. But either way here are a few quick shots from last night

NHMike
10-15-2009, 7:42 AM
Looking good man!! Shoot a close up of that Pinstriping.

coachstorms
10-15-2009, 9:37 AM
http://www.myspace.com/poboykustoms

Asher Emerson of Po'Boy Kustoms did the striping and clear coat. - great guy great work.

billybiltit
10-15-2009, 10:30 AM
dang,maybe you can't weld but someone can.frame looks nice,killer stance.can't wait to see when it is done.keep us posted,

leon holmes

Booty
10-18-2009, 7:39 AM
Looking good man, Love the stance. Keep us posted.

coachstorms
10-26-2009, 9:20 AM
Little update - Had some time on Sunday so I put my motor in my front seat and took it to the car wash to spray 36 years of grease and grime off of it. It cleaned up pretty good and i was feeling extra motivated when i got it home so i taped it all off and sprayed it with some black VHT and traded out the compression release for a normal square tappet cover. Hope to get it all polished up this week with some simichrome. I used "krud kutter" to get off the stubborn gunk that stuff is awesome. Here's a couple pics to prove this actually happened...