PDA

View Full Version : O/T, Went to see Social Distortion...

Robzilla
10-01-2009, 11:06 AM
the other night in K.C.. I haven't seen them since 1986! If you have a chance to catch them live, GO!!! After 30 years of fucking rocking out, they put on a great show!!!! Nuff Said.

mjasen10
10-01-2009, 11:19 AM
thats awesome man, im jealous! ive never had the opourtunity but id love to see em. i just bought a sick ass social d belt buckle the other day haha

MotorCityOutlaw
10-01-2009, 11:31 AM
I have seen them a few times and they always rock. A few years ago I was able to see them 3 times in one year.

born2boogie
10-01-2009, 11:35 AM
I spent 2 months with em when I did merch for my old roommate's band. Met Mr. Ness the first night n he barely left the bus the entire tour. If you see a short old guy with glasses n a glass of whiskey chances are that's the keyboard player. Buy him a drink. He'll most likely invite you to a strip club. Dude rules. Don't remeber his name. We all called him McGoo. Funnest guy in that band.

section8joe
10-01-2009, 11:48 AM
I'm going to see them tomorrow night. For some reason they are playing here in Youngstown. No one ever plays in Youngstown. I don't know why they're coming here...

Pantsbeer
10-01-2009, 11:52 PM
I love that band. I've seen them a bunch of times and every time I do it's an awsome show.

HardLuckDesigns
10-02-2009, 4:39 AM
I wanted to go to that Youngstown show but it sold out. I'm still questioning the whole Youngstown thing as well? WTF.

TwistyMcFisty
10-02-2009, 7:41 AM
Going to see those guys in a few weeks in Norfolk, VA...can't wait. Got a room down the block. Hopefully I won't get too Twisty and wind up in jail...never know ;D

TheDemon
10-02-2009, 3:16 PM
To bad they aren't playing down in the fort worth dallas area... sigh. damn you east caost people, you get all the good bands. At least I can laugh when it snows on you bastards lol

section8joe
10-02-2009, 9:58 PM
Just got back from the show. Fuckin Awesome!! Long ass set! Good opening bands! I wish all shows were like this...

deucepjd
10-02-2009, 10:30 PM
Detroit is not on the current schedule. Bummed.

willythepirate
10-03-2009, 1:17 AM
my favorite band to see live saw em in san diego on leave from iraq and saw them in germany

Robzilla
10-03-2009, 9:36 AM
Last time I saw them was in San Diego at Montezuma Hall.

Rile
10-03-2009, 4:22 PM
I drove from Detroit to Columbus, OH to see them once and it got cancelled...Wahn Wah.

But the last 2 Detroit shows definitely rocked.

volksjunky
10-05-2009, 11:40 AM
One of my best vacations revolved around seeing them ! Flew from Alaska to san Diego,hung out a few days, went to TJ to visit Adelitas (sp/?) .Drove up to Santa Cruz to see them ,took the coast back down jumed back on a plane and came home. Good times....

coachstorms
10-05-2009, 3:53 PM
i saw Mike Ness in Tempe when he was touring his solo stuff - it was badass. Some of the other social d members were with for that show so they played a ton of social d tracks as well. Was a great show in a smaller venue. They were here last week but i missed out...damn job.

Roads2Ruin
10-06-2009, 8:52 AM
I spent 2 months with em when I did merch for my old roommate's band. Met Mr. Ness the first night n he barely left the bus the entire tour. If you see a short old guy with glasses n a glass of whiskey chances are that's the keyboard player. Buy him a drink. He'll most likely invite you to a strip club. Dude rules. Don't remeber his name. We all called him McGoo. Funnest guy in that band.

If you wanna get Mike out of the bus..set-up a C-low table lol You might be down a few hundred bucks but he is fun as hell to hang with

Sodapop73
10-06-2009, 1:46 PM
I saw 'em in Grand Junction, Colorado a couple weeks back. Havent seen 'em play since '91. Shite venue, mostly shit yuppie crowd, but fucking nice show! I loved how he made fun of that bumfuck town. Love it!