PDA

View Full Version : morris magneto

rk378
09-30-2009, 2:22 PM
has anyone ran/runs, or knows someone who has. looking for some feed back before purchasing one. any help would be appreciated...........RK

travasesino
09-30-2009, 2:33 PM
i run a joe hunt - but i can definitely see the advantages to the morris. i am sold - next bike i build, i think i'll try the morris out!

/t

KT
09-30-2009, 6:07 PM
I'd go with the hunt personally it is cheaper than the morris according to their site that mag starts at right under $900 a hunt with all the bells and whistles from Tyler and kyle is cheaper than a morris....and the hunt is proven ...I dont know all about running the mag of the tach system either.....

rk378
09-30-2009, 7:33 PM
i run a joe hunt on one of my bikes and i love it, wont build a bike without a mag. but i want to change it up a bit,i shopped it on the phone with morris and it is $100 difference, i can live with that. i just want an opinion other than morris's,...........RK

travasesino
09-30-2009, 8:08 PM
i think kt's scared of change! i love my hunt - but there are also a few major downsides to it, that the morris seems to address. imma give it a shot asap

KT
09-30-2009, 8:48 PM
Well I am just now pulling my head out of my ass on the whole which way to go with igns ....I had been set on running boyers but after running 3 or 4 I am seeing a mag looks alot better .....One down fall I always saw to a hunt mag was the way they stick out and if it ever gets hit all that ...The morris does change that by placing it on the other side ....I like having a tach though more than a speedo I would run with just a tach if it was me .....speedo's are only good for knowing how fast ya was going before it all went to hell LOL ....Lets us know ya get one I'd be interested I need a mag for this pre unit I am doing....Plus I am gonna change the 70 to a mag I think ....

travasesino
10-01-2009, 2:55 AM
yeah, my only bike with any guages is only running a tach. i really like the idea of getting that mag outta the way of my right foot though. that's why i liked the ARD's - but i am not ready to take it in the ass to get one! i think the morris may be the solution.

crownmotorz
10-01-2009, 5:14 AM
most the bikes we've built have magnetos, mostly hunt. we have a shovel head with a morris mag. personally i cant tell the difference in performance. on my triumph's i run hunt mags because i HATE Boyer ignitions. i like where morris places the mag so it isn't hanging out but i am afraid of change.

travasesino
10-01-2009, 12:05 PM
Lmao!!!

Tyler
10-01-2009, 2:11 PM
I have only run Hunt mags on Triumphs and BSAs, never run a Morris Triumph one.. I have only seen photos of them installed and don't see how they are stable mounted like that.. ? I just don't have any experience with them to give good input. That being said yeah the Hunt mags stick out from the side, but otherwise I have never had trouble with mine I love it
Cheers
Tyler

rk378
10-04-2009, 5:18 PM
well i scored a set of tr6 high pipes and have decided to go with a joe hunt cause of the clearance issue, but would still like to know if they are any good..........RK

burndoubt
10-07-2009, 8:12 PM
Anyone have opinions on which one is easier to install?