PDA

View Full Version : Anyone from Arkansas?

IronheadJames
03-23-2011, 11:30 AM
I'm in Little Rock and just wondering who is local or even in the same state.

turbonate
03-23-2011, 12:50 PM
harrison here, there are quite a few chopper nerds around here not on the cc too.

Comingapart
03-23-2011, 2:23 PM
I"m in southern arkansas, near the LA border.

You won't find many of us here, we just got internet access last week....

GO4TH
03-23-2011, 6:54 PM
Batesville......

NHMike
03-23-2011, 7:00 PM
wasn't this fella?

mike1407
03-23-2011, 8:58 PM
im just east of texarkana in texas

weezil
03-24-2011, 8:03 AM
I live out in cabot .. and I too have an ironhead d00d!

IronheadJames
03-24-2011, 10:14 AM
sweet, what year is your Ironhead?

weezil
03-24-2011, 3:59 PM
Its a 76' XLCH.. more like a pile of parts right now. I tore it apart before I left..Im comming home from iraq in two months and im going to commence the choppin'

IronheadJames
03-24-2011, 6:41 PM
haha right on. Mine is a pile of parts right now too, I am waiting till I graduate college in a few months before I tear into it.

weezil
03-25-2011, 5:03 AM
Good shit man! Together we can chop and make horrible motorcycles.. There is a little scene in little rock of guys like us.. Go on facebook (if you have one) and add hotrodhangout. Cool assed dudes, they meet the last sunday of every month, normally at the parlor.. I think thier next meet is this sunday!

turbonate
03-25-2011, 7:34 AM
wasn't this fella?
sir, i believe that your powers of observation may be unparalleled in the known universe

IronheadJames
03-25-2011, 7:35 AM
damn it, I have to work! Yeah man if you want to wrench together, I have a good sized garage!

weezil
03-25-2011, 3:52 PM
Awesome! Do you have any idea when you are going to start your build? What year is your pile of parts? What direction are you takin' this build in? You going rigid?

IronheadJames
03-25-2011, 7:14 PM
I am hoping to start in June after graduation. the engine and transmission are 72, xlh sportster, with some old school rigid frame with long raked forks. need some new wheels, the ones it came with were kinda thrashed. I am still trying to figure out how I want her to look, but I am thinking a flat black paint jobby and some polished stuff maybe? lol I am still thinking.

weezil
03-25-2011, 10:39 PM
I'm trying to figure out what I want to do for wheels on mine. I already got my hammer in hand hard tail. I'm getting a frisco tank and rocking some low assed bars and fab some misc shit up.. I might ride it as a rat bike for the season so I can get some seat time in on it this year. We shall see how quickly it goes together. I'm waiting on my room mate to buy my supermoto off of me so I'll have a little over 3 grand to play with.. I only plan on putting any decent money into making it go and stop.. Everything else doesn't matter, It doesn't take much money to make something look cool, ya know?

IronheadJames
03-26-2011, 9:10 AM
yeah, I am hoping to not break the bank with this build up. what are you going to fab yourself?

weezil
03-26-2011, 4:30 PM
Anything that i can.. which ain't sayin much.. I suck ass at this sorta stuff but want to get better at it.

recycler
03-26-2011, 6:10 PM
I'm up north in Siloam Springs, AR

LinkBelt
03-26-2011, 6:12 PM
Well lets see there is my sister and her uncle who is also her grandpas sisters brothers cousins mothers brother and then there is her dog who happens to be her sisters uncles dad. And I'm not related to any of those hillbillys. :D

IronheadJames
03-26-2011, 6:20 PM
har har.

weezil
03-26-2011, 9:47 PM
Im no arkansan native.. I'm from PA.. But i've been living down there for about 3 years, and Its not my favorite place. But what I like to do is cheap.. Fuck with cars, and bikes, get drunk, get tattoos..

IronheadJames
03-27-2011, 7:58 AM
I'm not a native either, and to be honest I don't find Arkansas to be that hillbillyish, at least here in the Little Rock area.

LinkBelt
03-27-2011, 8:45 AM
hell guys I'm just fucking with ya'll. I was born in Ohio home of Jerry Springer, raised in Georgia, and now live in Texas for 16 yrs. You don't get anymore hillbilly then that. :D

IronheadJames
03-27-2011, 9:38 AM
I know Link. My folks back home in Idaho think we just got running water here last week!

weezil
03-27-2011, 4:45 PM
Yeah link, trust me Im not offended.. Even if you said people from PA are fuckin imbred I'd probably agree with you! If I'm in walmart the only way I can tell if i'm in arkansas or PA is if the immers are walking around wearing razor back shirts, or steelers shirts! hahaha And Jerry springer is a great guy despite masturbating with the tears of the less fortunate... James where from idaho are you from dude? I've been all over the place out there and a friend of mine is from boise.. Its awesome out there.

IronheadJames
03-27-2011, 8:26 PM
I'm from potato country, east side of the state. Idaho is pretty damn big and the landscape varies, unlike Arkansas.

weezil
03-28-2011, 5:37 PM
I remember being in boise, driving out of town and being in the desert.. driving further and being in the mountains in the most ridiculously gorgeous forest Ive ever been in. I loved it so much out there.

IronheadJames
03-28-2011, 7:18 PM
My goal is to have the beast up and running so next summer I can scoot out west and see mom and pops and drive through the desert.

weezil
03-29-2011, 6:18 AM
Mine is to have mine in rat mode to get it to the hotrod hang outs big meet in october!

IronheadJames
03-29-2011, 11:52 AM
that's a good goal weezil, and with a bit of luck I should have mine there too.

weezil
03-30-2011, 4:47 PM
Im going to have a little jump start on mine, not much though.. I'm sure we will be able to share knowledge with one another.. This is my first chop and I'm itching to start. I'm buying a welder next month so its sitting in my garage waiting for me when I get back, as soon as my room mate buys my supermoto off of me its fucking game over. I'm buying everything that I can without actually being home to take measurements and look at.. I guess we will see whats up.. This bike needs a ton of work, everything was clapped out, but the bare essentials that I needed were there. An engine, a frame, and an s&s carb.. hahaha

larrymz3
09-02-2011, 4:27 AM
I know this is resurrecting an old thread, but, would anyone be interesting in setting up an Arkansas get together? I'm in LR and I know we have Hooters bike night on Thurs. nights, but, not really the same crowd as I am envisioning.

Anyone? Hopefully starting next week the weather will get cooler... and it will be perfect for a road trip!

sic7cadi
09-02-2011, 8:22 AM
15 miles south of you in Hensley. Also with an ironhead

sic7cadi
09-02-2011, 8:52 AM
Hotrod hangout. We do get together. Bikes and hotrods last sunday of every month. Add us on Facebook and follow the page to see where it will be every month. Facebook.com/hotrodhangout

I know this is resurrecting an old thread, but, would anyone be interesting in setting up an Arkansas get together? I'm in LR and I know we have Hooters bike night on Thurs. nights, but, not really the same crowd as I am envisioning.

Anyone? Hopefully starting next week the weather will get cooler... and it will be perfect for a road trip!

turbonate
09-02-2011, 9:37 AM
Mine is to have mine in rat mode to get it to the hotrod hang outs big meet in october! when and where is said big meet going to be? i may trek down that way.

sic7cadi
09-02-2011, 11:31 AM
Wherever it's at your welcome to come crash on my couch that Saturday so you don't have to get up early as fuck to ride down.

when and where is said big meet going to be? i may trek down that way.

turbonate
09-02-2011, 11:35 AM
sweet, i'll probably take you up on that.

sic7cadi
09-02-2011, 1:00 PM
Just let me know

JMFNC
09-02-2011, 5:19 PM
I went and visited my sister in Mena a couple years ago and I am jealous as fuck of you guys. Looks like some good riding out there. I've got some good roads where I live but it can take 20 minutes to get out there. It looked like literally five minutes out my sister's door to be on a kickass road.

larrymz3
09-03-2011, 4:56 AM
Hotrod hangout. We do get together. Bikes and hotrods last sunday of every month. Add us on Facebook and follow the page to see where it will be every month. Facebook.com/hotrodhangout

Only problem is it seemed to suck when I dropped by last Sunday. I swung through the parking lot at the club around noon, then at 1:30, then finally 3, and it was lame. There was maybe 6 or 7 bikes there. No cars. No one outside.

Maybe last Sunday's meet was not indicative of a normal get together, but, the weather was perfect...

Dunno, I'd like to see something bigger with much more varied rides.

weezil
09-06-2011, 1:51 AM
Well homeboy, its not about "how bad ass it is" and "how entertained you'll be" We are just a few dudes who love the same shit.. We like to HANG OUT and shoot the shit. I know its nothin' too impressive but what the fuck else is there in this state as far as this shit goes?

turbonate
09-06-2011, 7:41 AM
Well homeboy, its not about "how bad ass it is" and "how entertained you'll be" We are just a few dudes who love the same shit.. We like to HANG OUT and shoot the shit. I know its nothin' too impressive but what the fuck else is there in this state as far as this shit goes?

you guys need to hit up mine and my brothers annual Halloween party. there are always a good population of gearheads there, and it gets better every time we have one. good food, good people, and a shit load of free booze and smoke, and free camping. i'll be posting a thread in the events section soon. everyone that don't have a bad attitude is welcome to attend. and we only have one rule, no pooping in the yard.

sic7cadi
09-06-2011, 11:05 AM
I don't think hotrod hangout really needs more varied rides or people. It's the only place I have to go where people get what I'm int and they are into it too. Question though... you wasn't the guy on the chromed out super shiny bike wearing a backpack who rolled though but didn't stop while a few of us was outside are you?

larrymz3
09-06-2011, 7:15 PM
I don't think hotrod hangout really needs more varied rides or people. It's the only place I have to go where people get what I'm int and they are into it too. Question though... you wasn't the guy on the chromed out super shiny bike wearing a backpack who rolled though but didn't stop while a few of us was outside are you?

Nope, not me. I was in a car!

Kempster
05-14-2012, 5:44 PM
Hey, I'm from Little Rock as well. Always trying to get stuff going around here.
Just started a blog earlier today for an annual event I'm organizing that will actually happen on the 27th of this month.
rompinthaswamp.blogspot.com

*brandon

Kempster
05-14-2012, 5:46 PM
sic7cadi and I are the ones who started the event he's talking about: Hotrod Hangout.
It was the two of us and one more friend of ours. Been doing that every month for a year and a half, now.

Kempster
05-14-2012, 5:48 PM

Thanks, Weezil. And yeah...we may have been gathered elsewhere or ridden to some other location and then, by 3:30, I can imagine most people were gone. People who get pissed off and bail are the reason events don't keep rolling in Arkansas.

Redhorsetattoo
05-16-2012, 12:50 PM
First, little rock born and bred. I am glad to see more bikes than I used too. Higher numbers means more people in rock town looking at their mirrors before they try to smash yours truly. I'm glad to see even the shiny new showroom Harley's being ridden by soccer moms. I love it.

-Eric, sailor, rider, and lovable tattoo'd miscreant.
P.S. I like tits.

imthadrummer
05-17-2012, 3:14 AM
I' m an Alabama native transplanted to west TN, just north of Memphis.

wombat8609
07-11-2012, 4:50 PM
what's up fellas,I'm in Bryant AR.

sgilliesjr
08-02-2012, 10:15 PM
I'm in Fayettville

After three years here I have to say, Arkansas is a shit hole with absolutley nothing going on except the anual meeting of the leather clad weekend warriors at the BBBQ, and thats another joke entirely! Can't wait to get the Hell out of here!

snake89
12-24-2012, 10:25 AM
Memphis here, but im from Clarendon & lived in West Memphis. I ride in the Ozarks every chance i get. Ride to Crowleys Ridge quite a bit too as the roads around there rock to be in the flatlands of Arkansas..............GO HOGS !!!

76IH
04-24-2014, 5:34 PM
Hot Springs Here

coreyriggle
04-29-2014, 10:47 AM
I'm in Bentonville.

tedjames
08-16-2014, 7:01 PM
In Jonesboro, welding in my apartment

Zombie88
08-30-2014, 10:51 PM
Searcy here. I like beer